Sig P226 is overrated!

PDA

No. 1
September 17, 2010, 06:43 PM
Calm down!

I know the overrated in the title of this thread has probably stir some uneasy feelings among our Sig lovers. However, I have been using Sig for a long time. I bought it four times and finally sold it the fourth time. Every time I read into some experts opinion or review it made me wanna give 226 another chance. So I did FOUR times.

I found 226 to be extremely reliable, but its not for civilian use in my opinion especially if you are looking for light, conceal-able and accurate gun. I found 226 to be chunky, heavy and not accurate at all when compared to handguns in same class like: 92fs, G17, USP and CZ.

It is definitely meant to be a duty gun which is intended for open carry and rugged. So be it. But that's not enough for it to be priced and cherished the way it is. In civilian market we are not servicemen. We need handguns that are light, accurate (not just combat accurate) and they should look good as well in one's collection. The later is the last on priority, but it is a deciding factor since we like to be applauded for owning beautiful things. That makes the extra buck worth it.

Therefore, I think the hype of sig226 being an ultimate gun is just overrated.

If you enjoyed reading about "Sig P226 is overrated!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
hopper
September 17, 2010, 06:54 PM
There was never any hype involved with the purchase of my Sig. I held the Beretta, the Glock and the USP and none of them fit my hand as comfortably as it did. It's not the smallest gun, but it's concealable enough for me. I shot better with my p226 than I did with the Glock.

So who out there is giving the p226 undeserved praise or making it out to be better than it is at any of the things you describe in your post?

Dave P
September 17, 2010, 06:56 PM
Yeah, I agree. I have been thinking about selling mine for at least 25 years. Piece of junk just keeps on truckin'. Feels like a brick in my had. Jamomatic. Can't hit the barn door.

I think I will trade it for a a glock. :D

And this is a tremendous first post - I'm sure you will make lots of new friends this way!

Prion
September 17, 2010, 07:21 PM
I just picked up my 3rd P226 today. Still have the other 2 and 2 P220's.

I have never sold a Sig, unlike many other makes and models that have come and gone. Some were even slimmer and lighter.

But thanks for the heads up. I now know they suck. I appreciate you telling me and everyone else exactly what qualifies as a worthwhile gun to own.

Next time keep it to yourself.

mcmac
September 17, 2010, 07:33 PM
While I cant speak directly for the 226, I can say that the 229 I recently purchased is a nice gun. A little heavy, yes, but is as accurate as the operator:D Am still waiting for a Milt Sparks holster to arrive, so I cant speak to how difficult it will be to conceal...

If I had four that I was not happy with... I too would make a change. No reason to shoot a gun that you dont really like.

Dean1818
September 17, 2010, 07:33 PM
You seem like a troll with your first post being a basher.......

But if your not, the 226 is a fantastic gun

Great Looks

VERY Accurate

Very durable

Well balanced

Easy controls

I had a CZ75..... Great gun.... but no where close to the 226

To each his own

gwnorth
September 17, 2010, 07:37 PM
In civilian market we are not servicemen. We need handguns that are light, accurate (not just combat accurate) and they should look good as well in one's collection. The later is the last on priority, but it is a deciding factor since we like to be applauded for owning beautiful things. That makes the extra buck worth it.

Actually, I am not a fan of this trend to constantly shave weight from handguns. I like mine with a fair bit of heft to them - it absorbs recoil and thus aids in control of followup shots. My lightest gun is my SIG P232, and I specifically went with the all stainless version (as opposed to the alloy frame ones) for the added weight.

2. Accuracy of "the gun" is also I think something that is over stated by many. 99.9 times out of 100, it is the shooter who is the limitation, NOT the weapon. I would also respectfully add that for a personal defense handgun, combat accuracy (whatever that actually means) is EXACTLY what you want. A gun that points naturally and has good repeatable lockup when in battery.

3. For functional guns, looks don't even enter into it for me. Something I may want to put in a display case over the mantle, maybe. But otherwise, I am a pure pragmatist and function will always triumph over aesthetics. Although I actually don't think SIGs are exactly ugly at that - not as slick looking as a nice 1911 or BHP, but with the same sort of basic functional good looks of many a sound service pistol.

So for the opposite of all your reasons, I would actually argue that a P226 is an excellent civilian defensive pistol. Sure, there are lots of other very good pistols out there as well, but that doesn't make the P226 an unworthy contender for a HD or SD pistol in the civilian world.

jeepguy
September 17, 2010, 07:55 PM
i have a 226 .40 and am very happy with it. i also have a beretta 92fs and am equally happy with it. i want to add a sig 229 sas 9mm as well. i have owned 4 different sigs and out of the box they all ran right. i would not hesitate to buy another. the only knock on sigs is that they put rails on almost all their firearms. i can't even tell you how much that bothers me.

rogertc1
September 17, 2010, 09:05 PM
SIG-Sauer P225 ROCK!!

jaysouth
September 17, 2010, 09:30 PM
I sure wish someone had told me this in 95 when I bought my first Sig 226.

Imagine having a gun that sucks for all that time. I have more favorite guns, but none are better in any OBJECTIVE sense.

Some of us (guys and gals) are man enough to handle a sig. I guess it's not for everyone.

Maybe you should try Hipoint. I hear they are better guns.

Sigman314
September 17, 2010, 09:55 PM
The only Sig pistol I have had trouble concealing is my P556!:D
For short trips (up to the store and back) I will take my P220 Elite SS. My P229 I use for a few hours (3 or 4). If I'm going all day, I use the P232. I always use IWB but that is my choice. I can't say enough about them. Accuracy can't be beat. As with any gun you have to use quality ammo and clean your weapon. I suspect anyone that has misfeeds or FTF is using substandard ammo or has not taken care of their baby.

sxshep
September 17, 2010, 10:02 PM
I love my Sig Pro SP2022 9mm... It's my first Sig, and won't be my last. I drooled on a few P226's and P229 9mm's today at the gun shop.

ceadermtnboy
September 17, 2010, 10:09 PM
I agree that the P226 is overpriced! I personally think it is one of the top three combat handguns in the marketplace, but the other two are 40 percent less. Would not purchase a new one at todays asking price.. just my 2 cents.

WRGADog
September 17, 2010, 10:09 PM
My Sig 226 Blackwater is a great gun, extremely accurate and highly reliable. Also, 20 +1 capacity is superior to most competitors. I own many guns and the 226 is one of the best. Others that do well are the 92FS, PX4 Storm,
M9A1, XDm, Sig 220, and PPs. The Sig 226 is equal to or better than any of these guns.

JDGray
September 17, 2010, 10:10 PM
Son of a B****! And I just picked up a P226 DAK!! Spose now I oughta unload it cheap:( Since I'm not a cop and all:D

Welcome to the highroad!!:)

skwab
September 17, 2010, 10:35 PM
The great thing about guns is that there are so many flavors - No.1 doesn't like the 226 - to each his own. Personally, I like just about all of them, but that's a problem in and of itself!

But that's exactly why I rarely sell my guns - there has to really be something critically wrong for me to sell it and if I do, I certainly wouldn't buy it again. But I've only ever sold one...once.

Nushif
September 17, 2010, 10:39 PM
He does present a pretty decent argument.

Most service weapons, while concealable are a bit on the err ... chunky, expensive and needlessly large side.
I don't think anyone here can argue that a J-Frame, for instance is the better *concealed* weapon than a fullsized 92 or Sig. As a matter of fact a Kahr CW9 is the better *pure* concealed weapon that for instance the Sig 226.
But to the OP:
Not everyone is looking for only a concealed weapon. Some people are in places where carrying a weapon truly concealed is more an option than a necessity and others yet do like the bulk of a gun for when they take it to the range.

So I'll agree with the OP that there is better concealed weapons out there. But concealment on for instance my 92 is delightful that I can do it. Not my chief concern.

rduckwor
September 17, 2010, 10:40 PM

There is no "ultimate gun". Each person has to decide what works best for them. Obviously the SIG "P" line is out for you.

You may not like them, but hundreds of thousands disagree.

RMD

JohnBT
September 17, 2010, 10:45 PM
Welcome to the board. I'd hate them too if I'd bought and sold four of them before I found out they were big, heavy and expensive.

MattTheHat
September 17, 2010, 10:50 PM
Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. Not sure what to say about tries three and four, but I know I wouldn't be admitting it. :)

-Matt

rscalzo
September 17, 2010, 10:52 PM
but its not for civilian use in my opinion especially if you are looking for light, conceal-able and accurate gun. I found 226 to be chunky, heavy and not accurate at all when compared to handguns in same class like: 92fs, G17, USP and CZ.

And yet you bought one four times. Did you think it would shrink between purchases?

basicblur
September 17, 2010, 11:19 PM
Not sure what to say about tries three and four
Not much to say but your SIGs suck, and No. 1 hates you!
Mebbe he'll try an HK next? :D

HOOfan_1
September 17, 2010, 11:23 PM
It is definitely meant to be a duty gun which is intended for open carry and rugged.

what does this have to do with this...

But that's not enough for it to be priced and cherished the way it is. In civilian market we are not servicemen.

Just because it isn't a light gun that everyone wants to lug around for concealed carry, it isn't worth the price? That doesn't compute.

We need handguns that are light

Says who? That is your opinion. You bought a gun that was never designed to be light or a concealed carry weapon and then fault if for that? Not every civilian is looking for an ultra-light concealed carry weapon.

accurate (not just combat accurate) and they should look good as well in one's collection.

both of these apply in spade to the P226...obviously the second is a personal opinion

ActionJax
September 17, 2010, 11:25 PM
i have a 226 .40 and am very happy with it. i also have a beretta 92fs and am equally happy with it. i want to add a sig 229 sas 9mm as well. i have owned 4 different sigs and out of the box they all ran right. i would not hesitate to buy another. the only knock on sigs is that they put rails on almost all their firearms. i can't even tell you how much that bothers me.
Why is "the rail" bad?
My P229 has one, and I think it would be useful for attachments in the future......

What am I missing?

No. 1
September 18, 2010, 12:22 AM
Guys thank you for the warm welcome. I knew I was gonna have tough time on this post, but that's how I feel and just wanted to share that. Does this mean I hate sig? No. Does this mean I hate 226? No. I just have certain opinion on 226. In fact I am in market for another Sig, just not the 226. I will buy definitely the x5 scandic blue once I am done buying everything listed on top of it on my 'to buy' list. And for sure as hell, I will buy a P220 Elite. The SRT and slimmer single stack makes it worthwhile. 226 grip is think...look, they worked just on that in E2 model. If that wasn't part of the complaint, Sig probably had not put some much RD into making it better gun.

LightningMan
September 18, 2010, 12:31 AM
I don't know about anybody else, but I bought my P226 for a range pistol. The No. 1 reason is; 9mm is cheap shooting compared to a .45, and yes I reload the 9mm. The 2nd reason is; the Sigs P226 reputation for reliability. At least mine has been flawless sence I got it, its almost boring. LM

Prion
September 18, 2010, 12:37 AM
Dude, you're back for more?

Let it rest, you're post was bogus. The ensuing smack down was evidence enough.

bgrav321
September 18, 2010, 01:18 AM
I love my sig. However, buying a gun you so strongly dislike 4 times makes me wonder if you are a woman.

September 18, 2010, 05:24 AM
This whole thread reminds me of Penguin's line in Batman ...

"I was born No.1 but they treated me like No.2"

I've never owned a P226 but that's only because I prefer single stack magazines. I have three P220s and a P225. I bought my first SIG in 1992 and my latest (not last) SIG today ... another P225. My ex has a P220 as well and our experience has been that SIG's slogan, "Reliability. First Time, Everytime", is no exaggeration. The P220, P225, P226 and P229 are so well proven and established that it borders on the ridiculous to state that any of them are "overrated". It would have been sufficient to state that you don't find the P226 to be ideal for you based on x, y and z. Oh well ....

:)

PO2Hammer
September 18, 2010, 11:43 AM
It took you four times to figure out it was too big for CCW?

Inaccurate? I don't think so, operator error would be my guess.

Maybe try a '.45acp sux' thread to show off your savvy.

918v
September 18, 2010, 12:33 PM
Calm down!

I found 226 to be chunky, heavy and not accurate at all when compared to handguns in same class like: 92fs, G17, USP and CZ.

:barf:

If you grab a simple ruler you'll see these guns are actually pretty close dimensionally. As far as accuracy goes, the Sig is twice as accurate as the rest off the bench. Just because you can't shoot the P226 does not mean it is inaccurate.

mesinge2
September 18, 2010, 12:44 PM
This is ugly?

Click Image to Enlarge

I have been wanting one of these for the longest time, and I think it is a great looking piece!

mesinge2
September 18, 2010, 12:50 PM
I think you should get a H&K mark23 mod O, I hear that they're tiny.

We need handguns that are light

Then I must be crazy for carrying my 40oz. S&W 629, it is wide and bulky but I keep carrying it. When will I learn?

Click Image to Enlarge

Onward Allusion
September 18, 2010, 01:39 PM
Er, no...

No. 1 (http://www.thehighroad.org/member.php?u=129641)
http://www.thehighroad.org/images/icons/icon9.gif Sig P226 is overrated!

wow6599
September 18, 2010, 01:40 PM
I think most of the firearms that are produced by Sig are fine, including the 226.
But no Sig for me though; I just won't buy a gun that may, or may not, have a RuBee chip in it.

Prion
September 18, 2010, 02:33 PM
RuBee chip paranoia still lives on? Since when has a civilian Sig been shown to come with a chip?

I would like to see some evidence of this being an issue. Hard evidence, please.

mesinge2
September 18, 2010, 02:35 PM
What the "blank" is a RuBee chip?

I have never heard the term.

atblis
September 18, 2010, 02:44 PM
I would agree that the P226 and SIG in general is overrated. They are good guns. If one is expecting the SIG to be markedly better than offering from other quality manufacturers, they will be disappointed.

Dobe
September 18, 2010, 03:00 PM
I don't believe it is over rated at all. I believe rather that the 226 is well derserving of its accolades.

Water-Man
September 18, 2010, 03:08 PM
Over-rated? Yea, that's why they're the standard for combat handguns. Get some lighting for that cave you live in.

usmccpl
September 18, 2010, 03:24 PM
When I got my 226 it came with a 40 barrel and a 357 Sig barrel. With either one I get 1/2 inch 50 yard groups depending on what ammo I use. If that aint accurate tell me what is.

atblis
September 18, 2010, 03:40 PM
yards or feet?

basicblur
September 18, 2010, 09:54 PM
Well that depends on how much you pay for 'em!
For what I paid, not so much-for the prices I'm seeing some folks cough up, absolutely! :scrutiny:

rscalzo
September 18, 2010, 10:04 PM
In fact I am in market for another Sig, just not the 226

And here I thought you'd go for number five...........

dpeticca
September 18, 2010, 10:28 PM
I own a P232, P239, and a P229.

Pretty much the (3) smallest pistols in their lineup. I bought them because they're great carry firearms. I had no expectation that the full size P226 would be an ideal carry pistol (for me).

If you bought a P226 to carry, and didn't like it, fine. But if you bought it thinking it was anything other than duty weapon, then that's silly.

Some folks choose to carry full size 1911's. That's their choice. Some folks choose to carry P226's, if they like it, who cares?

Your post that the gun is "overrated" is just wrong. It's "over rated" by your standards, for YOUR NEEDS.

I like a DA/SA action, and so I prefer the Sig over the Glock (although some folks don't like learning "2" triggers).

I also like the ability to run a decocker. I also don't have to pull the trigger to take down my firearm for cleaning.

There are a lot of reasons to like a pistol. For me, the Sig is about feel (in my hands), and the manual of arms.

To each his own, but I'd suggest you change the name of your post to "P226 is not good for me"...

c919
September 18, 2010, 10:49 PM
I found 226 to be extremely reliable, but its not for civilian use in my opinion especially if you are looking for light, conceal-able and accurate gun. I found 226 to be chunky, heavy

Honestly, if you bought a 226 thinking it was going to be a joy to carry, that's your bad. Sure, folks carry them, but it sure won't be the pinnacle of comfort no matter how you look at it.

And as for the inaccurate part... check the software before you blame the hardware.

Jed Carter
September 18, 2010, 10:54 PM
It's not over rated! You just under like it!

MolleMan
September 18, 2010, 11:02 PM
Ya'll are a little hard on the OP ain't ya lol

Welcome to The Highroad!

Mr.Davis
September 18, 2010, 11:20 PM
That's a strawman argument if I've ever seen one. Nobody legitimate is calling the P226 the ultimate gun for all situations.

You should know that we all buy guns for different reasons. There are probably people on this board who own 100+ firearms and never carry one. There are people who only own shotguns. I have a business associate who only owns handguns, and they're all Glocks. Your criteria aren't universal. For some people, the P226 is probably the ultimate gun. For you, it's not. There are few absolutes in life, and preferences sure aren't absolute.

Point is, you're arguing against an adversary that basically doesn't exist.

ceadermtnboy
September 18, 2010, 11:21 PM
No. 1 , dont let the Sig lovers get you down. Sometimes flying in the face of convetional wisdom gives pause for thought. If i spent close to a grand on a new P226 it would be hard to admit that a Glock, M&P, or XD might could have accomplished the same purpose, while being lighter, just as reliable and accurate, and at 60 percent of the cost. Heck I have enjoyed the controversy...Welcome to the high road. By the way, everyone here is a troll looking for a fight:evil:

No. 1
September 18, 2010, 11:59 PM
Why is it so hard for many of you to digest the fact that there may be a better gun out there than Sig. Honestly speaking HK P30, if you ever held one, beats Sig hands down in all departments. Since mid 70s and crap load of R&D that went into Sig engineering, its hasn't improved much. Don't give me the argument that there isn't much to improve because that's just a gaffe at best. Seems like anyone who does not agree with you is automatically put in the troll basket to discredit their opinion. The reason I kept buying Sig was for different models (within 226) trying to understand and find fault in me, but it was the gun- wasn't for me. I know its a solid product and hated just marginalizing it. Sig is excellent if you ar LEO carry openly, but if you want it for CCW and ergonomically superior product - think again.

Dobe
September 19, 2010, 12:04 AM
It's your presentation, not your message. That's what makes a troll.

basicblur
September 19, 2010, 12:15 AM
Not much to say but your SIGs suck, and No. 1 hates you!
Mebbe he'll try an HK next? :D

Honestly speaking HK P30, if you ever held one...
Am I the only one that saw this coming? :rolleyes:

HOOfan_1
September 19, 2010, 12:28 AM
Honestly speaking HK P30, if you ever held one, beats Sig hands down in all departments.

I've held both...and no the P30 does not beat the SIG. I hate the slide release that is so far forward on the HKs...I hate the decocker that is right next to the hammer. (I can imagine some fat thumbed fellows getting a nice pinched thumb when using that decocker.)

I am not wild about the plastic trigger either.

Dobe
September 19, 2010, 12:50 AM
I am not wild about the plastic trigger either. More like plastic coated steel.

No. 1
September 19, 2010, 12:59 AM
How does the P30 not beat a Sig226? Care to explain this a little? You guys makes me laugh when you say I don't like plastic. Does this make you feel tough? Or does this make the gun less effective. P30 is a completely ambidextrous pistol and ergonomically superior to Sig226. Why in the world would you want an unnecessarily heavy pistol. It does not make it more effective.

Dobe
September 19, 2010, 01:04 AM
How does the P30 not beat a Sig226?DA trigger pull is much smoother on the 226...makes a difference.

BTW, I own two P30s. Great handguns, but better than a 226, I'm not so sure. Older age of a design does not make a handgun inferior. There is something to be said for longivity and proven results. There have also been reliability issues with some of the first P30s, and that doesn't mean the P30 isn't a good handgun. It is.

HOOfan_1
September 19, 2010, 01:16 AM
How does the P30 not beat a Sig226? Care to explain this a little? .

It doesn't beat the SIG because that is my opinion, just like it is your opinion that it does.

P30 is a completely ambidextrous pistol and ergonomically superior to Sig226.

maybe for you...not for me, not for everyone.

I think that should be a universally known fact on this forum. What is right for you isn't always right for someone else.

No. 1
September 19, 2010, 01:49 AM
If you are talking elite then yes trigger is bette on 226, otherwise I don't agree..

Hoofan1, how is P30 not ambi?

All I have say to Sig is basically, lose some weight and get a damn haircut, so its ergonomic and lighter and not chunky.

ugaarguy
September 19, 2010, 02:04 AM
Why is it so hard for many of you to digest the fact that there may be a better gun out there than Sig. Honestly speaking HK P30, if you ever held one, beats Sig hands down in all departments.
Well, your lone SIG experience is with a few variants of the P226, a full size service / duty pistol, and you're comparing it to a Compact HK. I bet if you'd started with four variants of the USP, and then handled a SIG P239 or P229e2 your opinions would be significantly different. If 1911s were more your style then a Commander size piece with a lightweight aluminum or scandium frame would beat the heck out of a steel frame government model (but I carry a 5" steel frame 1911 comfortably, so what the hades do I know).

We're not having any trouble understanding that there are subjectively better guns out there than SIGs: You just seem to have trouble selecting carry guns. Objectively SIGs, Glocks, HKs, S&Ws, XDs, Rugers, FNs, etc; are all durable, reliable, and plenty accurate for self defence. Objectively it takes hair splitting to define the better gun of the major brands. Subjectively a given model from the major brands may be better than that from another brand based upon personal preference, departmental policy, or agency protocol.

The reason I kept buying Sig was for different models (within 226) trying to understand and find fault in me, but it was the gun- wasn't for me.
For the life of me I can't figure out why you'd keep buying P226 variants when you state you want a smaller and lighter carry gun. The P239, 225, 228, and 229 are smaller and lighter than the P226. Just because it wasn't for you doesn't make it overrated, nor even bad. Heck, SIGs aren't for me. I've spent so much time with 1911s that my thumbs hit the slide stop/release, and I fumble with the decocker when I'm trying to hit the slide release (take a close look at the layout of both guns, and you'll understand). That still doesn't make SIGs bad, it just means I'd need to train with SIGs to transition from 1911s if I wanted to carry SIGs.

On the other hand, my previous room mate ran off and became a Special Agent. He's a Glock armorer, but his agency issues the SIG P229. He bought a P229 a few months before he left for FLETC so he could make the transition from Glock to SIG ahead of time, rather than in training where it would be a handicap. Lo and behold, early on he found out that slow fire, from a rest, to test mechanical accuracy, the SIG shot better groups. Go figure.

How does the P30 not beat a Sig226? Care to explain this a little?
I'll explain it again. You're comparing a full size duty gun to a compact pistol. If I were to compare a HK USP to the SIG P229 in terms of utility for a CCW the P229 would clean the USP's clock.
P30 is a completely ambidextrous pistol and ergonomically superior to Sig226.
Again, let's compare apples to apples, and oranges to oranges. For a CCW pistol if you switch the P226 to the P229 (P229e2 for me) and compare it to the HK P30 then you have a much more level playing field.
Why in the world would you want an unnecessarily heavy pistol. It does not make it more effective.Again, I don't know. Please tell us why you kept buying these full size SIG P226s - rather than compact SIGs, HKs, Glocks, S&Ws, etc - when you wanted a lighter carry pistol? Why don't you buy a Glock 21 for your next carry pistol and tell us how big & heavy it is, and how Glocks are so over rated. Then we'll tell you that you should've purchased a Glock 19/23/32/38 or 26/27/33/36/39 if you wanted a carry gun.

ETA: All I have say to Sig is basically, lose some weight and get a damn haircut, so its ergonomic and lighter and not chunky.
Again, they're called the P239, P228, and P229 - especially the P229e2: They're not mythical creatures.

918v
September 19, 2010, 02:06 AM
How does the P30 not beat a Sig226? Care to explain this a little? You guys makes me laugh when you say I don't like plastic. Does this make you feel tough? Or does this make the gun less effective. P30 is a completely ambidextrous pistol and ergonomically superior to Sig226. Why in the world would you want an unnecessarily heavy pistol. It does not make it more effective.
It is not as accurate.

918v
September 19, 2010, 02:15 AM
Why is it so hard for many of you to digest the fact that there may be a better gun out there than Sig.

There are better guns out there. No one is saying that the P226 is the best gun out there. But it is an excellent handgun with far better ergonomics, trigger pull, and accuracy than some of the guns you are praising.

millertyme
September 19, 2010, 02:32 AM
USP's and G17's are polymer. CZ's, at least the 75/85 and the 97, are metal just like the P226, and are also a little on the heavy side when fully loaded, just like the P226.

HOOfan_1
September 19, 2010, 02:43 AM
Hoofan1, how is P30 not ambi?

It is not ergonomically superior for me. I am right handed so the SIG P226 or P229 not being ambidextrous is of no consequence to me. I've found the FNP and P229 to be more ergonomic than the HK P30 and the P226 to be more ergonomic than the HK USP. I can reach and operate the slide release much easier and keep the guns pointed down range while releasing the slide much easier on the FNP and SIGs. I much prefer the SIG decocker to the HK or FNP decocker. Since price was brought up in the original thread, we can say that the HKs are also overpriced. Their weight shedding polymer that you praise should have them priced lower than their SIG counterparts, but they are not. For that argument to work, you are much better using the FNP as a counter example...they are also ambidextrous.

Ergonomics are completely subjective and vary from person to person.

FriedRice
September 19, 2010, 02:48 AM
I've been watching everyone squabble over this while cleaning my Sigs. Clearly, I have a preference if my semi-auto pistols are Sigs. But it's just a personal preference. Fits my hand better. They work for me. I'm nostalgic. I like spending my money on old guns. I'm sure I can get great reliable guns for cheaper. I don't really care. We like what we like. The OP wasn't impressed with the 226. Guess it didn't work out for him. It's good he moved on.

JShirley
September 19, 2010, 03:22 AM
Four times? That's like marrying the same woman 4x. Slow learning process? How much value can we reasonably assign to the opinion of someone who claims he made the identical mistake repeatedly. I've heard doing the same action repeatedly, but expecting different results, described as the definition of insanity. You've basically advised us your opinion is completely worthless.

No. 1
September 19, 2010, 07:51 AM
Thanks Shirley,
As an administrator I would have expected more class and substance in your post, but it is nothing more then a smart *** remark. It does not suite you at all. Calling someone's opinion worthless as an admin of the site shows your worth as well. I expected to stick, but this aint my kinda of town so I better get out of here. Take care and thanks for your hospitality.

Prion
September 19, 2010, 08:15 AM
Sorry No. 1 but your opinion is not No. 1 and it is in fact just that, your opinion. You better get used to two facts really quickly. One, you are not No. 1, two your opinion is not fact.

P30 is a polymer framed gun with out full length rails, it looks like crap which you said yourself was so important, it's uber expensive, replacement parts availability is nill, and the P226 fits some of us like a glove. My opinion, I traded both my HK's for a P226 X5 Tac.

Johnny Guest
September 19, 2010, 09:51 AM
Thread CLOSED.

If you enjoyed reading about "Sig P226 is overrated!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!