Small Arms of China?

PDA

7.62FullMetalJacket
December 13, 2003, 03:56 PM
Most of us are well versed in the small arms of the former USSR and Eastern Bloc countries; either from military training or the flood of surplus now on the shelves.

We will probably be in a shooting war with Red China in our lifetimes. I have not studied the threat sufficiently. My specialty is the ME, not the Far East. So, I am being lazy today and look forward to absorbing knowledge from all of you:)

What are the small arms currently employed by the Chinese?

What small arms are on the horizon? Any changes imminent?

Other than the human wave, are they using identifiable tactics?

If you enjoyed reading about "Small Arms of China?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
El Tejon
December 13, 2003, 04:16 PM
You mean the PRC, right?:confused:

Justin
December 13, 2003, 04:20 PM
So long as China is allowed to freely trade with other countries, including the US, I consider it highly unlikely that they'd attack.

That'd be a bit like killing the goose that lays golden eggs.

Regardless, I seem to recall reading somewhere that the Chinese army currently issues some sort of bullpup rifle?

7.62FullMetalJacket
December 13, 2003, 04:23 PM
RED China, the Peoples Rebublik

Topgun
December 13, 2003, 05:19 PM
They are pretty handy with AK's but they are most deadly with:

1. Cheap labor

2. The Renminbi on a par with the dollar

3. Bribes to "American" cheap politicians.

Best of all, no recoil.

:barf:

Number 6
December 13, 2003, 06:01 PM
From what I understand the Chinese used mainly copies of Russian small arms until recently. Now they have come out with their rifle and propietary round. Here's a link with some info.

http://world.guns.ru/assault/as39-e.htm

If you enjoyed reading about "Small Arms of China?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!