Is this a fair trade?

PDA

10-Ring
January 23, 2003, 01:17 AM
A buddy has proposed a trade...his Ruger O/U 12 ga. Citauri (sp?)shotgun for my NIB SA Mil Spec.
I've never seen this shotgun, I don't know which exact model it is, I do know it comes in a case, has a fixed choke and it hasn't been fired much.
Is this a good trade?

If you enjoyed reading about "Is this a fair trade?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
HSMITH
January 23, 2003, 01:49 AM
That is a fair trade for him. Your Mil-Spec is worth 600 tops, his Red Label is worth 600 in fair condition. I would make him come up with 100 bucks, but I really like the Ruger shotguns. Get the best deal you can.

10-Ring
January 23, 2003, 02:09 AM
What if I added that I've only got $400 tied up in the Mil Spec? Does the deal become more attractive?

I plan to use this O/U for trap, is it suited for that?

Dave McCracken
January 23, 2003, 06:00 AM
Those Rugers are a tad light for a dedicated clays gun, more like a field gun in weight. But don't let that stop you if you like the thing, it's a decent quality all arounder. Use it for anything flying...

HSMITH
January 23, 2003, 10:39 AM
Dave has a point, my red label beats the snot out of me unless I shoot soft loads. They work great for just about any target game or hunting, but are quite light. Keep the loads sane and it will be fine. If you only have $400 in the milspec then it is a darn good trade for you.

10-Ring
January 23, 2003, 11:43 AM
Thanks for the input guys. I'm looking forward to trying some trap shooting w/ that baby. If I can be of any help for you in the future, I'm usually in the handguns boards.

SASS#23149
January 25, 2003, 01:06 AM
Am I missing something.......again.?
Isn't a Citori a Browning?Which gun does the friend actually have.?
I would think the deal is even better if it turns out to be a Browning.......no?

cratz2
January 25, 2003, 04:56 AM
Citori or Red Label, I'd go for the trade.

If I saw a Red Label in any gauge for $400 in the gun shop, I'd grab one. Or two.

10-Ring
January 25, 2003, 04:39 PM
Being a shotgun novice, all I can tell you is that it is a Citori, fixed choke, blue gun.

Dave McCracken
January 25, 2003, 06:52 PM
Browning's Citori series runs a lot more than $400, even used. If it's not spent the winter underwater or something, get it. I doubt you'd lose money on it if you didn't like it.

HSMITH
January 25, 2003, 07:19 PM
The Citori is worth a the same with fixed chokes as a Ruger is with interchangeable, plus just a little. You did good on the trade for sure if the Citori is in even decent condition.

If you enjoyed reading about "Is this a fair trade?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!