Shipping to FFL

PDA

sophijo
September 19, 2010, 07:55 PM
I sold a pistol on Gunbroker. I'm shipping it to an FFL in another state. Will my state know eventually that I sold it? ...as in CMA?

If you enjoyed reading about "Shipping to FFL" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Zak Smith
September 19, 2010, 08:12 PM
There is no mechanism for your state to be notified.

sophijo
September 19, 2010, 08:26 PM
Spose I can do that with copies of paperwork?

psyork22
September 19, 2010, 08:30 PM
Save all emails and a copy of FFL you sent it to and anything associated with the sale and transfer. If you want, you can ship it through a local FFL. That would be really covering your own but.

nalioth
September 19, 2010, 09:33 PM
First of all, if you want your question answered properly (instead of the shotgun approach), you should tell us where you live.

At that point, we can give you a much better answer.

oneounceload
September 19, 2010, 09:50 PM
If it is being shipped to another FFL, why do you care? Is it required where you live? (because it isn't in most states)

sophijo
September 19, 2010, 10:00 PM
I live in Michigan and this pistol is registered to me. My FFL guy will ship it for shipping fee plus $15 so that may be prudent.

If you enjoyed reading about "Shipping to FFL" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!