Cleaning Rod

PDA

efelien
September 20, 2010, 09:41 AM
Hello, I thought that I could just attach the brass brush and/or jag to the first section of my Outers .22 cal rifle cleaning rod so I could use it to clean my .22 revolver in a similar fasion to the Hoppe's rifle cleaning rod for my Ruger GP100. What a surprise when not only wouldn't the threads match up, but neither would the tip adapter which I had bought to use #8-32 tips. Why would anyone buy Outers?:cuss:

What brand cleaning kit should I get?

If you enjoyed reading about "Cleaning Rod" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
The Bushmaster
September 20, 2010, 10:15 AM
I used Outers rods and tips for 48 years. Just retired the rifle rods and tips that I bought with my Winchester .30 WCF that I bought 50 years ago. Never had a problem with either the rifle or handgun rods except for the plastic handles. Which I replaced with hand carved walnut. All my outers rods and tips and all the off brand tips years after have all been 8-32 thread. Of course I insured that they were before I purchased them.

I purchased a DAC system 2 years ago. The DAC 64 piece rod/adaptor set has adaptors for various size tips. Have no regrets with either.

If you enjoyed reading about "Cleaning Rod" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!