What a difference a little rain makes!! (Pic heavy)

PDA

AKElroy
September 20, 2010, 08:34 PM
After a two year drought, my Central Texas lease had a pathetic crop of game last year. What deer existed were poor, to say the least. This year, with copius amounts of rain, fortunes may be a bit different. My neck is starting to swell!!

If you enjoyed reading about "What a difference a little rain makes!! (Pic heavy)" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
AKElroy
September 20, 2010, 08:46 PM
Even the pigs are more robust!! The deer are growing nice racks, but the long term drought still has them a bit skinny. Post your gamepics, folks!!

Roughneck08
September 21, 2010, 03:30 AM
Superb!! The drought has hit most land owners and ranchers up here as well. Thank God for the rain!

ArmedBear
September 21, 2010, 11:08 AM
Send some of it our way, would you?

We got a lot of it earlier, but the last few months have really dried out the place. I'm trying to find pronghorns, and after a few days of cruising around and glassing from hilltops, I have yet to see a single one. There are usually herds here and there. I suspect they've gone up to the mountains for now, and my tag isn't good up there.:)

AKElroy
September 21, 2010, 09:26 PM
Deep south Texas would love to send some your way; they have all they can handle. I hope your prospects improve, AB.

kbbailey
September 21, 2010, 10:32 PM
Ironically, the floods we have gotten here in my part of Illinois for the last 4 springs have noticably hurt our game populations.
The rains have put rivers out of their banks during late spring when the wild turkeys are hatching. Our turkey numbers are down.
Young fawns found in drifts after flood water recedes.
Hoping for a "normal" spring in 2011

If you enjoyed reading about "What a difference a little rain makes!! (Pic heavy)" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!