2004 ShotShow

PDA

QuickDraw
December 13, 2003, 11:20 PM
I just received a registration pack for the 2004 ShotShow.
Did I get this because of my C&R license?
Anyway,I'm thinking about going,if the invite is good.
Any other THR members going?

QuickDraw

If you enjoyed reading about "2004 ShotShow" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Langenator
December 13, 2003, 11:26 PM
Where is it? Probably not going, but I'd love to if it's close enough...

Fly320s
December 13, 2003, 11:30 PM
It's in Vegas, Baby!

February 12-15, 2004.

I also received a registration package. I have a C&R but no other affiliation with the industry, other than being a good customer.

I sent in my registration form. You never know; they may actually let me attend.:cool:

Skunkabilly
December 14, 2003, 01:29 AM
Me and Duke of Lawnchair may go.

manwithoutahome
December 14, 2003, 01:33 AM
You know, I've been wondering myself.

I got an invite, but you have to send in your FFL to get accepted. All's I got is the C&R and until then, never got an invite before.

Are we really invited with a C&R or is this just "candy" to try to make us get a full FFL01?

I must admit, I feel good at getting the mailing in the first place, but, am I now considered "one of the good guys" in the gun business?

M

ke6guj
December 14, 2003, 01:37 AM
I've never been to the SHOT show, what can I expect if I attend. Is it primarily a "looking" show where you can fondle the toys and collect a ton of catalogs, or is there stuff available for sale like at a regular gun show.

Jack

fal308
December 14, 2003, 09:17 AM
The SHOTshow is for the industry only. Yes, your C&R will get you in the door. The show is for dealers, distributors, sales reps, media etc. The general public is not invited though there was talk of opening the doors to the public a couple of years ago. It is a show to showcase a firm's wares. There is very little to no selling of merchandise on the floor, though very many orders are taken. For more information go to www.shotshow.org

ke6guj
December 14, 2003, 06:21 PM
Thanks for the info. I have a state tax number and that would have been my way in to register, but since it is primarily a showcase, I'll think I'll pass this time.

45R
December 15, 2003, 01:23 PM
If it works out I should be going.

starfuryzeta
December 15, 2003, 01:25 PM
I got this as well. Was about the throw it away because I don't have an 01FFL, just a C&R. However, if C&Rs will get you in the door, that changes everything!

BenW
December 15, 2003, 01:56 PM
I got one because of my C&R as well, and this was a question I was thinking of posting before QuickDraw beat me to it. I'm in that area that time of the year once in a while anyway camping in the desert. For a $15 registration I thought it might be cool to check out if I don't look like a wannabe dealer walking around. Is there neat stuff to peruse even if you're not "in the industry"?

Owen
December 15, 2003, 02:06 PM
I'm going.

owen

sturmruger
December 15, 2003, 02:10 PM
I am definetly getting my C&R now. I have wanted to go to the Shotshow for years! I unfortunetly have plans this Feb. so I will be going in 2005.

Andrew Wyatt
December 15, 2003, 05:27 PM
I'm going.

Wakal
December 16, 2003, 10:53 AM
I'll be there....although I've learned as a FFL, I'm at the bottom of the heap. If your badge says "distributor," now, that will get the sales ubergeek's attention :)

Alex

AZ Husker
December 16, 2003, 11:29 AM
I'll be there for sure. What a show! If you have any chance at all to go, and guns are your vice, you'll be in heaven! Where else can you go and hear Ed Brown and Les Baer call each other names in person? :D

NeverAgain26
December 16, 2003, 03:26 PM
This will be my 3rd SHOT Show and I have no FFL or C & R. I attend as a manufacturere's rep (which I am). I do some business there with some of my customers.

One does not need an FFL or a C & R to attend as there are a number of categories of who may attend. Log onto www.shotshow.org and click on register. Someone who theoretically owns/works for a store selling camping goods can attend.

The Show is lots of fun and you can see/feel a lot of new stuff. Nothing is for sale officially. At the end of the show, some of the exhibitors might sell off some of their display stuff, but nothing like guns or ammo. You can pick up some good deals on knives, flashlights and other stuff, however.

On TFL, people going to the Show put together a time/place to meet up with other TFL members. I am not sure I will have time as I am in meetings most of the time I am there, but if someone puts a meeting time/place together, I would try to drop by and meet some fellow THR members.

NA26

Sydwaiz
December 16, 2003, 04:29 PM
I've got a C&R FFL and also a member of FCSA. FCSA was supposed to send out invites so I'm not sure why I got mine. I wrote down my FFL# and attached my business card. Registration was confirmed for my wife and I!

starfuryzeta
December 16, 2003, 05:44 PM
Did you register online? If so, how did you register for both your wife and yourself?

Sydwaiz
December 16, 2003, 06:23 PM
I photocopied the registration form with my business card attached and then faxed everything in. One for me and one for my wife with the spouse box checked. I wrote my FFL# on both of them.

Valkman
December 16, 2003, 06:41 PM
I'll be there, and don't even have far to go! Thanks Tracy! :D

It would be be great to meet up somewhere - um, besides my house. :p I live too far from the show anyway, and the taxi rides would break you! Hahaha

I figure everyone is staying at hotels around the strip/downtown, so maybe we can figger out a place to meet either at the show or Friday or Saturday evening.

AZ Husker
December 16, 2003, 07:26 PM
I'm up for a get-together some evening! Last time I met a bunch of 1911forum guys, we disappointed the hell out of each other. Amazing how much "larger than life" these forums make us! :p
Tracy

If you enjoyed reading about "2004 ShotShow" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!