Pistol Rests

PDA

jaybirdjtski
September 21, 2010, 04:09 PM
We were having a discussion the other day at the range. Three of us were shooting a 460 S&W, a SRH 454 Casull and a SRH 44 mag. I, for one was working up handloads, trying to develop accurate loads.

Anyway, I know when shooting a rifle that you never want to place the barrel directly on a rest. What do you recommend for handguns? Do you place the barrel on a padded rest or does this impede accuracy? I was attempting to use a padded rifle rest with the pistol butt on a sandbag. I've also seen specialized rests like Shooter's Ridge Steady Point. This has a vinyl covered rest with an adjustable, padded rest for the pistol butt and allows both hands to be on the weapon. Sort of a requirement for the 460 and the 454.

Any insights or recommendations are welcome.

If you enjoyed reading about "Pistol Rests" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Yarddog
September 21, 2010, 05:13 PM
I always use a rest to let my rists' rest on it JMO ; )
Y/D

StinkBait
September 21, 2010, 05:27 PM
I ordered an MTM pistol rest on Saturday.http://www.amazon.com/MTM-PR-30-Pistol-Rest/dp/B000KOTN9U

If you enjoyed reading about "Pistol Rests" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!