Movie gunplay- It's a Wonderful Life

PDA

answerguy
December 13, 2003, 11:05 PM
I enjoy were George is experiencing what life would be like without him having been born. He punches the cop Bert (or was it Ernie?) and Bert empties his revolver as George runs off through a crowd of holiday revelers.
Those must have been the days.

If you enjoyed reading about "Movie gunplay- It's a Wonderful Life" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Greg L
December 13, 2003, 11:44 PM
As long as you weren't part of the crowd :D .

dfariswheel
December 14, 2003, 01:23 AM
"As long as you weren't part of the crowd"

True, but that's also why most people back then didn't run when a cop said "Stop".

They knew the next voice they'd hear was Satan asking for their ticket.

LOTS less crime in the "bad old days".

Justin
December 14, 2003, 01:27 AM
Call me a cynic, but I think that 'It's a Wonderful Life' is one of the sappiest, most overplayed bits of tripe in American pop culture.

George Bailey- :barf:

But it could just be all that Ayn Rand I read...

BluesBear
December 14, 2003, 01:32 AM
I remember a time when this movie actually WASN'T shown on TV.

In fact I recall it being remade with Marlo Thomas in the starring role.

Now thanks to the myriad of channel available in Cable TV one can be subjected to this drivel at least 50 times this season. I even recall haveing to have to surf around it this past SUMMER.

:barf:

Now please don't get me wrong.

I think James Stewart is one of the greatest actors of all time as well as a great person.

And Donna Reed was one hot babe in her day. :what:

I would just rather see them in ANYTHING except IAWL. :barf:

Nathanael_Greene
December 15, 2003, 09:49 AM
That shots-into-the-crowd scene has always bothered me.

Overall, I think the movie has some good moments but overall doesn't add up to much. When George and Mary get together over the phone call it just doesn't seem very natural or appealing.

I think Frank Capra made much better movies (Mr. Deeds Goes to Town, Mr. Smith Goes to Washington, Meet John Doe).

Still beats Ayn Rand's goofy thinking, though.
(Objectivism? What's the objective value of anything?)

George Hill
December 15, 2003, 10:16 AM
Just remember guys - that one handed from the hip level shooting style was actually taught. That's the way they did it... they way they all did it.

We can thank Jeff Cooper and his Modern Technique for fixing that.

Joe Demko
December 15, 2003, 10:20 AM
It's an okay movie. I did like the Married With Children Christmas special based on it better, though. You remember the one. Sam Kinison was the angel.

Sean Smith
December 15, 2003, 10:38 AM
Sam Kinison was the angel.

"Oh-oh-OOOOHHHH!!!" :evil:

If you enjoyed reading about "Movie gunplay- It's a Wonderful Life" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!