Remington Ammunition

PDA

MMCSRET
September 22, 2010, 09:03 PM
What year did Remington move its ammunition manufacturing facilities from New York to Arkansas?

If you enjoyed reading about "Remington Ammunition" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
bubba15301
September 22, 2010, 09:58 PM
91 or 92 i think

JoeMal
September 22, 2010, 10:00 PM
http://www.remington.com/pages/our-company/company-history.aspx

1994 - Remington announces that it will build a new facility for research and development in Elizabethtown, Kentucky. The new facility will open in 1995. Maybe you confused Arkansas and Kentucky? Not sure

MMCSRET
September 23, 2010, 09:19 AM
Probably confused the two, you're right!! I ran across a box of Rem-Umc 30-40 Krag ammunition in the old red and green box in some of my "stuff". Thats what got me wondering. I know I've had that box for 50 years or more, probably came in a trade, just like all the other "stuff".
Thanks

22-rimfire
September 23, 2010, 10:12 AM
I believe most of Remington's civilian ammunition is loaded in Lonoke Arkansas. That plant has been there a long time. From Remington's web site: http://www.remington.com/pages/our-company/Company-History.aspx

1970 - Remington constructed a new ammunition plant in Lonoke, Arkansas. The site was considered to be near the geographic center of the sporting ammunition market.

I believe they moved their rimfire production there which may be about the time when consistancy went down hill on that specific ammo. Remington makes their semi-auto 22 (Model 597) in Kentucky and they have the new research facility there as well.

Owen Sparks
September 23, 2010, 01:14 PM
The relocation probably has something to do with Arkansas being a "right to work" state without manditory union membership. Several huge automobile plants have relocated in the South for the same reason. The cost of labor is cheaper there.

oneounceload
September 23, 2010, 01:18 PM
Loanoke AR is the AMMO factory, KY is a gun factory. Building in AR or MO is smart because the lead is there and it would cost too much to ship

MMCSRET
September 23, 2010, 05:01 PM
This particular box is from Ilion, N.Y. I know they changed from this old design box in '58, give or take. I also have ammunition in the light green and white box that followed the old REM-UMC red and dark green box, hell I've got Peters ammunition from before Remington bought them out.

Full Metal Jacket
September 23, 2010, 05:46 PM
it's either just bonded golden saber, which remington only sold to LE in the past, or simply regular GS in a new box.

nothing new here, show's over.

MMCSRET
September 23, 2010, 08:39 PM
OK, shows over, sorry I bothered!!!!

If you enjoyed reading about "Remington Ammunition" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!