SHOT Show Hopes & Predictions?

PDA

Skunkabilly
December 14, 2003, 01:48 AM
What do you guys want to see? What do you think we'll see? Realistically speaking, not pulse rifles with over/under pump-action grenade launchers, you muttonheads.

Hopes:
HK importing the Expert and Elite 9mms in the US. The subcompact P2000. Civilian G36 now that they're opening a US plant, that can be a reality.
Benelli shotguns with optics rails on them.
A Beretta .223 that takes AR-15 mags and has modern styling.

Predictions:
More 1911s. Maybe a Kimber TLE Compact or something. More Springfield Operators.
HK debuting new stuff, but I'm going to get a girlfriend before they hit the US market, and we all know the chances of that ever happening :rolleyes: :barf:

If you enjoyed reading about "SHOT Show Hopes & Predictions?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
tiberius
December 14, 2003, 02:07 AM
Hopes: Kel-Tec single stack 9mm. Let's call it the P-7 fo now.

Telperion
December 14, 2003, 03:24 AM
Hopes: I get an invitation :D

BlkHawk73
December 14, 2003, 08:36 AM
The subcompact P2000. Civilian G36 now that they're opening a US plant, that can be a reality.

They'll hold off on the Sub2000 so that it doesn't interfere with the sales of the P2000. The plant isn't scheduled to open until '05 I believe so no US made G series anything at least 'til then. I do see them offering something to repleace the SL8 was isn't imported any longer. There is the bolt gun however. :)

I think maybe more model of Glocks in thier .45GAP round... more makers with .17HRM models... maybe the carbine kit for the Beretta Neos... mostly I think we'll just see enhanced/altered versions of currently produced models and maybe some additional chamberings beng made available. Ruger's new cartridge, 10/17 and maybe the HK bolt gun will be the highlights.

stevelyn
December 14, 2003, 11:03 AM
Hopefully something sane like a lever or semi-auto carbine chambered for the .500S&W so normal people can enjoy it.

Cool Hand Luke 22:36
December 14, 2003, 11:30 AM
Hope: Ruger shows a 7 shot DA revolver

Higgins
December 14, 2003, 11:45 AM
Based on someone elses' previous post:

-New Ruger semi-autos. Probably something polymer and more compact than their current offerings.

-SIG K-Trigger system demonstrated/shown

Skunkabilly
December 14, 2003, 01:02 PM
Amen to the Sig K-Trigger!

What HK bolt gun? :cool: but :confused: and possibly :D

P226
December 14, 2003, 03:12 PM
HK-94's and G36's in production ready to hit the stores the first week of september 04.:D

Brian D.
December 14, 2003, 03:43 PM
Maybe we can once again fondle those Rohrbaugh pistols that a couple of folks here have had on order for so long. It's not like the factory is actually gonna ship em to either of the guys before then, hmm?? ;)

Wildalaska
December 14, 2003, 03:58 PM
Hopefully something sane like a lever carbine chambered for the .500S&W so normal people can enjoy it.

Got a feeling you might be real happy then...
:cool: :cool: :cool:

WildiknowasecretAlaska

boing
December 15, 2003, 01:14 AM
A scaled down FAL carbine in 6.8x43mm from DSA. :D

10-Ring
December 15, 2003, 01:27 AM
A credit card w/ a higher limit so I can buymore HKs :D An HK long gun that's CA legal, CA approved Elites, Experts & P2000's. A Korean Sniper that falls for Skunky so that I can see that CF shoulder holster/ cumber bun combo on his tux!
What do I think I'll see? A 1911 made in the former Eastern Block :rolleyes: , a Ruger SRH in their new 550 magnum :rolleyes: , more plastic parts replacing metal parts in production guns & Skunkabilly chasing greener pastures outside CA ;)

Redlg155
December 15, 2003, 02:55 AM
Hmmmm...

I'd like to see full sized Glock with a Kahr type smooth metal trigger and a frame mounted thumb safety. Something like a long slide version in 45. I think that would definitely give the USP a little competition.

As for a FAL I'd like to see DSA come out with a "shorty" FAL in 7.62x39.

Good Shooting
Red

Travis McGee
December 15, 2003, 03:34 AM
SHOT hopes: To see a table full of my books, with me sitting behind them!

http://www.tomeaker.com/FReepers/reader1.jpghttp://matthewbracken.web.aplus.net/bookcover.jpg

If you enjoyed reading about "SHOT Show Hopes & Predictions?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!