Problem with Sightmark reflex on MKIII

PDA

mach1.3
September 23, 2010, 03:13 PM
I recently purchased a Sightmark Sure-Shot Reflex Red Dot sight. My plan was to mount it on my Ruger MKIII pistol. I mounted the accessory rail atop my MKIII very carefully--insuring that it was solidly in place and tighten the screws to reasonble tightness(no loctite). I mounted the red dot sight to the furthest rearward position allowed by the recoil grooves in the rail. The sight seems squarely mounted. I proceed to my neighborhood indoor range to zero my new acquisition. My target was a typical cardboard full length with human shadow likeness plus some stick-on bullseyes. My first shot at ~15yds. impacted at least 20" high. I couldn't adjust the reflex reticle enough to properly lower the bullet impact on aim point. I have twice since remounted the rail and sight to the pistol with similar results. Is my sight the problem or am I overlooking something in the mounting or placement of the sight?:confused:

If you enjoyed reading about "Problem with Sightmark reflex on MKIII" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
If you enjoyed reading about "Problem with Sightmark reflex on MKIII" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!