S.A.F.E meeting in ny oct3

PDA

scorpiostang
September 23, 2010, 07:37 PM
so i got this thing in the mail to attend a conference from the sportsmen's association for firearms education inc. I have been an nra member for maybe two years (ive proabably only donated 100 bucks, other than my membership fee since im a poor college student) and i feel obliagated to do something. Should i go to this thing or what? Does it matter if i go to show support or not? The thing is 3 hours long, is it like 3 hours of speeches, 1 hour and the rest is just bsing with people and i can leave when i feel like it? Thanks.

If you enjoyed reading about "S.A.F.E meeting in ny oct3" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
hso
September 23, 2010, 11:22 PM
Are you at all interested in getting involved with a local firearms rights groups. These sort of groups make a big difference pushing grassroots efforts while the NRA pushes big national issues. The combined effort is what's needed to make real change happen.

Are you at all familiar with the organization?

scorpiostang
September 23, 2010, 11:43 PM
No i only briefly looked at the organizations website. It appears this conference is an annual one time event with a large turnout (900 people last year i think the web said) that is hosted (not sure what term to use) by this S.A.F.E. organization. Hopefully ill be in florida by this time next year so i don't really want to become involved with a local organization in my area, although i would be interested if its something worth looking into that actually makes a difference. I'll do more research tomorrow on the group. I was just curious as what goes on at these events because i figured they would have a general format.

hso
September 24, 2010, 12:05 AM
No, an annual event with nearly a thousand people is pretty significant for a local organization. If they've organized that many speakers it ain't a kegger.;)

Take the time, you should learn a lot more about working to restore your rights. Try to get some interested friends to go as well. It may be your opportunity to get a fence sitter shifted to our side.

scorpiostang
September 24, 2010, 03:02 PM
yea I'm probably going to go and try and bring one of my buddies. I mean I have nothing to lose by going.

hso
September 24, 2010, 03:10 PM
Nothing to loose but your chains.;)

Take as many people as you can, especially fence sitters.

If you enjoyed reading about "S.A.F.E meeting in ny oct3" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!