S&W Airlite or Ruger LCP

PDA

Beach Nut
September 25, 2010, 01:39 PM
My dad is looking for a concealed carry gun. He is currently carrying a
Colt Police Positive that my grandfather owned in his vehicle and since
he has gotten his concealed carry permit, he's finally decided it is time
to get a snubbie to carry on his person. He has seen the S&W Model
438 which he liked and I suggested the Ruger LCR as an possible option.
I believe both models would be great options for him, but I wanted to
see what you fellow forum members thought. I have a S&W J-Frame
and I know they have a good reputation and I have a Ruger LCP and
I am happy with it. Which snubbie would you choose?

If you enjoyed reading about "S&W Airlite or Ruger LCP" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
sigbear
September 25, 2010, 06:33 PM
Since you already have a S&W J frame and a Ruger LCR, have him try both and I'll bet you will both come to the same conclusion which one is better, so, which do you like better?

Sigbear

Beach Nut
September 25, 2010, 08:00 PM
I guess I forgot to clarify that the J Frame S&W I own is an older, heavier
model (about forty years old). It is the LCP I own and not the LCR.

moxie
September 25, 2010, 08:33 PM
LCR. Better sights, better trigger. The LCR +P .38 Special is far superior to the LCP 380.

weisse52
September 25, 2010, 10:59 PM
LCR, and I own and have shot all manners of J frames.

But, it's really up to him.

doc2rn
September 26, 2010, 10:35 AM
I prefer the old S&W full metal model 60 bodyguard, but why not just keep using the Colt Cobra? I know I would! If the weight is the issue I can carry my LCP in a fobus in scrubs all day and not have to keep hiking them up. Caveat but it is hard to control until you get the finger extended mags.

vwfool
September 26, 2010, 12:18 PM
LCR. I have owned and still do own lot of S&W's, but the LCR is the best pocket snub I've ever had.

camsdaddy
September 26, 2010, 09:30 PM
I have a M38 j frame I am about to sell to purchase an LCR. I just like the trigger

357mag.
September 27, 2010, 06:13 PM
If he is not looking to pocket carry (but it can be done),he owe's it to himself to check-out/shoot the ruger sp-101 (357mag.)

welldoya
September 27, 2010, 06:20 PM
First off, if your Dad is like a lot of us older folks, he has a hard enough time keeping his pants up without a 2 lb handgun weighting them down. I first tried a Smith 642. I really like the gun but it's a bit bulky for pocket carry in pants. Great for a jacket though. I bought an LCP and love it. It's light and it's thin enough to carry in my front pants pocket.

If you enjoyed reading about "S&W Airlite or Ruger LCP" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!