Ffl help

PDA

LASKOSOUND
September 26, 2010, 12:13 PM
I currently have a home based business. Will this help in obtaining a home based FFL? I'm not going to send in the ap. until I have all the kinks worked out. Any Help you have for a want to be FFL will not go to waste. thanks

If you enjoyed reading about "Ffl help" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Trebor
September 26, 2010, 02:24 PM
They key thing is your local zoning.

Can you prove your local zoning will allow you to run a retail firearms business from that address?

The ATF won't approve unless the zoning is OK.

Note that you don't necessarily have to be zoned "commercial." You just have to show that the city/township Zoning allows you to run a retail firearms business from there.

Talk to your city and township and see what the local zoning regs say.

Captcurt
September 26, 2010, 06:32 PM
Had visit from ATF last week. Their main concern is security, paperwork and your knowledge of the gun laws. I was told that there are lots of homebased gunshops. On a class 01 a storefront isn't necessary. And as Trebor said, you need to check the zoning.

I was worried about getting my license too but the ATF dude was super nice and I should be getting my FFL in another week or two.:D

LASKOSOUND
September 26, 2010, 09:06 PM
Zoning it is ,Thank you .......but I'm sure Ill have more questions I love this website!

Vitrophyre
September 26, 2010, 10:21 PM
I used an FFL in Houston I found online to receive a firearm, and I was rather shocked when I arrived at a home residence to pick it up. Nice guy tho :D

If you enjoyed reading about "Ffl help" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!