Custom Grips Ruger Single Six & Blackhawk

PDA

TennJed
September 26, 2010, 08:59 PM
New to the forum. Just wanted to show off my Rugers and see what ya'll think

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4145/4966580932_6dbff144ab_b.jpg

If you enjoyed reading about "Custom Grips Ruger Single Six & Blackhawk" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
mesinge2
September 26, 2010, 09:01 PM
damn pretty grips, what make are they?

TennJed
September 26, 2010, 09:07 PM
The maple on the blued Blackhawk are from Private Schultz Custom Grips and the snake skin on the stainless Single Six I got off Ebay

mesinge2
September 26, 2010, 10:06 PM
The snake skin is great, I may have to find a pair.

madcratebuilder
September 27, 2010, 08:53 AM
Damn nice grips! Schultz makes nice stuff, I have a set on a NMBH. Those snake skins are cool.

Leadhead
September 27, 2010, 12:38 PM
Burly.

Lucky Derby
September 27, 2010, 05:51 PM
Welcome. Nice pair of Rugers.
Never seen that snakeskin before. Very cool. Is it real snakeskin, or something else made to look like snakeskin?

robhof
September 27, 2010, 07:28 PM
If it's real, it's truely unique, as most snakeskins are belly split and display the back, that's a belly skin showing, which would require a back split skin.:confused:

BCCL
September 28, 2010, 10:42 AM
Nice, I have one pair of grips from Private Schultz in Micarta, and just ordered a set in American Cherry for my Blackhawk.

Packman
September 28, 2010, 10:52 AM
Those are awesome. I don't know which I like better. The top one reminds me of the grip panel on my 1858 Remington New Army, only waaaay nicer. I rather like the snakeskin too.

TennJed
September 28, 2010, 04:30 PM
the snake skin are real, i was told it was cobra. It is wrapped around wood. i will try to post some pics tonight of the backside where you can see the skin meeting the wood. (prob would not be hard to make yourself if you could get a wood grip and kill your own mr. no legs)..I am not sure what he used to coat them though they are not delicate at all...as a matter of fact that is my most shot gun i own and they are not yet showing any sign of wear.

Hondo 60
September 28, 2010, 06:34 PM
My grips are from Private's Custom Grips as well. He does very nice work & reasonable prices too!
I just think they look way nicer than those black plastic stock grips.

If you enjoyed reading about "Custom Grips Ruger Single Six & Blackhawk" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!