Taurus customer service

PDA

CHEVELLE427
September 27, 2010, 07:09 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I LOST a grip screw for my PT1911, didn't have any that would work in my gun parts box,

so as a last resort I CALLED TAURUS THINKING here we go with all the post about how bad customer service was that was the last place i though of calling at closing time.:uhoh:

well it is close to closing time were they are and the semi English speaking person i got told me it would be $1 and $4.79 shipping :what:.

i ask him didn't it fall under the warranty, he asked for the Sn of the gun and my address and said they will mail me 1 out...:eek:

didn't see anything rude or anal about this dealing with TAURUS.

MAKES ME WONDER

if you call all ready ticked off the person on the other end of the phone is not going to work with you easily.:neener:

now lets just see if and how long it takes for me to get that screw or did i just get screwed.:cool:

If you enjoyed reading about "Taurus customer service" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Hanzo581
September 27, 2010, 07:18 PM
You'll find that a lot of the people that get bad customer service are the ones that call already ticked off and with a bad attitude. If you are polite, 9 times out of 10 you will get help.

Ragnar Danneskjold
September 27, 2010, 07:31 PM
You'll find that a lot of the people that get bad customer service are the ones that call already ticked off and with a bad attitude. If you are polite, 9 times out of 10 you will get help.

That's something to keep in mind with all interactions with other people, friends, family, pizza guy, police officers, other drivers, etc. Generally, the nicer you are, the more smoothly any encounter will go. It's the guys who bristle with indignation and superiority who end up having bad experiences with others, and then complain about it like they're are totally blameless.

Don't treat people as task-fulfilling functionaries. They're people, not objects meant to accomplish some task for you. Go into any encounter with a "this is a real person" mindset, and it will probably work out better for you.

Big_E
September 27, 2010, 10:34 PM
I have heard that Taurus' customer service and quality control has improved. But there are still other brands I would buy way before Taurus. However, they do have some interesting guns and I believe they own Rossi now which I may buy some 1892's from.

CHEVELLE427
September 27, 2010, 10:37 PM
rossi was on there web site today were i got the phone number to taurus

ScratchnDent
September 27, 2010, 11:38 PM
I've never gotten a live person on the other end when I've called Taurus customer service, just a looong wait on hold, to eventually be punted to a voice mail box, which apparently, they never check, because they've never called me back. I gave up after the 3rd repeat of this and will never spend another dime with Taurus.

TexasGunbie
September 28, 2010, 12:02 AM
Taurus was very polite when I needed repair on my PT111 mags, they ask for the gun serial number and then I send off my mags. Few weeks later, I got new ones.

FLAvalanche
September 28, 2010, 08:14 AM
You had them send you a screw. Whoopy. I had them do the same thing for my Rossi revolver.

Send that 1911 in for an actual repair and I'll bet your experience is different.

Full Metal Jacket
September 28, 2010, 08:19 AM
wow. taurus sent you a grip screw. guess all the millions of posts i read about their poor service were all wrong :eek:

Russ Jackson
September 28, 2010, 08:22 AM
Why didn't you order a few extras so when you lose it again you have a spare. The shipping would have been the same. Why would you think losing a screw would be a warranty issue?...Russ

CHEVELLE427
September 28, 2010, 09:09 AM
Why would you think losing a screw would be a warranty issue?...Russ

didn't know didn't care thought id give them a call as i cat seem to find 1 local and
I ASKED
and 1 is suppose to be in the mail.

what can i say,

all they could do is say sorry it will be $5, but instead it was what is the SN and your address will get 1 out

call Waite was about 6 min

so to date i have had 2 dealings with them and both were positive, i guess if you call all ticked off the person on the other end does not care what you think and will put your request in pile 1578.

MMCSRET
September 28, 2010, 10:02 AM
To all you Taurus bashers; thanks for not buying any. It makes them more available and cheaper for the rest of us, also keeps the lines, phone and repair/warranty, open and unclogged by bad attitude. My Taurus experiences have been positive every time and in every way.
I had a Ruger problem once, took 9 months to resolve. I still buy and use Rugers, maybe I should not be that way if I was to use the Taurus bashers standard for purchasing and/or servicing. HUH??????

Yo Mama
September 28, 2010, 10:11 AM
To all you Taurus bashers; thanks for not buying any. It makes them more available and cheaper for the rest of us, also keeps the lines, phone and repair/warranty, open and unclogged by bad attitude.

And yet no one bashed them in the thread, but you still want to point that out right?

There are plenty of Taurus guns, you don't need help making inventory.

CHEVELLE427
September 28, 2010, 10:17 AM
To all you Taurus bashers; thanks for not buying any. It makes them more available and cheaper for the rest of us, also keeps the lines, phone and repair/warranty, open and unclogged by bad attitude. My Taurus experiences have been positive every time and in every way.
I had a Ruger problem once, took 9 months to resolve. I still buy and use Rugers, maybe I should not be that way if I was to use the Taurus bashers standard for purchasing and/or servicing. HUH??????

they will always be bashes , just like the old days with ford / Chevy. im all Chevy but have owned a ford or 2.
now days i don't thing i would want either, friend had a new truck not naming brands but they never did get it fixed, and that lemon law thats a joke don't even think it works like you think it should. he got it back and sold it. now he is dealing with another brand,

would be funny if Taurus bought out
SMITH OR SOME OTHER WELL KNOWN BRAND THEN IT WOULD GET BASHED.
even though the product would most likely come from the same plant they do now, they would just come with a warranty for life :cool:

Ala Dan
September 28, 2010, 12:44 PM
Maybe, just maybe Taurus has seen the light~? At least your
experience was a positive one. :scrutiny: ;) :D

MMCSRET
September 28, 2010, 01:59 PM
That could happen; S&W has been bought, sold and traded a couple of times.

CHEVELLE427
September 28, 2010, 02:16 PM
you can please some of the people some of the time but not all the people all of the time:)

frankge
September 28, 2010, 02:16 PM
I sent my PT92FS in about a year ago and they "LOST" it! They found it and fixed the problem on the new gun but I had to pay $40.00 in shipping to them. I still like the gun and like my Taurus revolver but thier CS is really pretty much the pits.

Flynt
September 28, 2010, 02:17 PM
Before I'd conclude that this was a positive experience, I'd wait and see whether they actually follow through. Let's make sure the screw actually arrives before we declare victory.

offthepaper
September 28, 2010, 05:17 PM
About 10 yrs ago I bought my ex a Taurus Model 94 ss 22lr pistol. It shot very well and the ex was pleased with it. Had it about 1 1/2 yrs, but only put about 75-100 rds through it. One day at the range while firing it, the rear sight blade shot off of it and was never seen again. Contacted Taurus USA and asked about replacing the sight under warranty. I was told that the sight was not covered under their lifetime warranty:uhoh:. When I asked how much for the sight blade, they told me I could not buy the sight blade alone, but would have to purchase the entire rear sight assembly :eek:. Soooo, Iask how much for the assembly. $125 plus s/h. I only paid $210 for the gun, and to replace the rear sight blade will run more than half the price of the gun? :fire::cuss::banghead:

Well, It still sits in my safe these days. I keep hoping to fing a new sight at a GS, but that hasn't hapened yet. I'm in no big hurry to buy another Taurus. It's a shame, because the litlle fella shot pretty well. But, live and learn.

CHEVELLE427
September 28, 2010, 05:30 PM
About 10 yrs ago I bought my ex a Taurus Model 94 ss 22lr pistol. It shot very well and the ex was pleased with it. Had it about 1 1/2 yrs, but only put about 75-100 rds through it. One day at the range while firing it, the rear sight blade shot off of it and was never seen again. Contacted Taurus USA and asked about replacing the sight under warranty. I was told that the sight was not covered under their lifetime warranty. When I asked how much for the sight blade, they told me I could not buy the sight blade alone, but would have to purchase the entire rear sight assembly . Soooo, Iask how much for the assembly. $125 plus s/h. I only paid $210 for the gun, and to replace the rear sight blade will run more than half the price of the gun?

that not right i would call them again if they replace a screw they should replace the sight.

Vyacheslav
September 28, 2010, 06:13 PM
it is coming from brazil, that is why the guy didn't speak english and it was so expensive to ship. it wasn't a defect in the gun so taurus should not be obligated to replace it. you LOST it. this thread should be about taurus having a damn good warranty since they replaced something you lost.

mustang_steve
September 28, 2010, 06:27 PM
Same, I work in computer warranty support, and if someone is being rude, or making unrealistic demands (like blackmailing us for an upgrade), they can expect a far lower level of support than an honest and calm individual will. Part of it is the added energy in sorting out the static from the message, as well as often misinterpreting the issue.

A common thing angry people do is story-tell....just tell us what the immediate issues are, story-telling will lead to half-answers as we have to log all of that, and we simply cannot go through all that info with a fine-toothed comb in a timely fashion.

CHEVELLE427
September 29, 2010, 12:33 AM
i think i can live with a missing screw or a tight cylinder here and there

http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff103/CHEVELLE427/GUN%20PIC/SW44kaboom.jpg

http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff103/CHEVELLE427/GUN%20PIC/629kabom.jpg

http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff103/CHEVELLE427/GUN%20PIC/629ka.jpg

Full Metal Jacket
September 29, 2010, 01:07 AM
^^you forgot to mention, those s&w kabooms were ammo related. as admitted by the owners.

if you're going to troll, at least make a half way decent attempt. most of us have seen those pics, and know the stories behind them. :eek:

CHEVELLE427
September 29, 2010, 01:21 AM
no trolling here A KA BOOM IS A KA BOOM,

send it back to smith and see if you get a new one,

ammo ka boom is hear say anyway, could have been bad reloads, bad gun, squib, all we have is a pic and what someone said happen , so were does trolling come in on this end .

do you know the person that blew up this gun or was it also hear say.

guess all glock ka boom are ammo related also

guess anything other then a Taurus is off limits to bashing

Jimineer
September 29, 2010, 11:34 PM
So if its good customer service they will send several screws; if not, then only one screw. I mean really, how much does a dang screw cost. I'd put about 10 in the env. and mail 'em to you.

CHEVELLE427
September 29, 2010, 11:46 PM
So if its good customer service they will send several screws; if not, then only one screw. I mean really, how much does a dang screw cost. I'd put about 10 in the env. and mail 'em to you.

$1 EACH I WAwas told,

Vyacheslav
September 30, 2010, 01:13 AM
thats cheap coming from brazil, anyone who has tried to ship internationally would know. just stop over at rusmilitary and look at their prices

CHEVELLE427
September 30, 2010, 01:16 AM
I WOULD think it will be from south FL . i know if you have to use the warranty you mail it to south fl

Vyacheslav
September 30, 2010, 01:23 AM
you can't send the gun out of the country so legally you would have to mail it to miami, but then they would have to send it back to the factory in brazil

Full Metal Jacket
September 30, 2010, 02:38 AM
guess all glock ka boom are ammo related also

*facepalm*

they are ammo related! that's why you shouldn't fire reloads through glocks: they have generous chamber dimensions and less case support than other guns. that's why they're so reliable!

send it back to smith and see if you get a new one,

why would any gun company replace a gun you blew up with bad ammo?

LlanoEstacado
September 30, 2010, 11:54 AM
I tried, starting about 1 year ago, to get a replacement hammer spring for the Taurus Model 94 .22. I have yet to receive it. I called several times and each time was told that the part would have to come from Brazil and that I should keep checking. I gave up this June after 5 calls. The people I spoke with were not rude or anything, just could not help me. Not THEIR fault. But, I'll never purchase another Taurus because of this experience.

CHEVELLE427
September 30, 2010, 12:42 PM
send it back to smith and see if you get a new one, why would any gun company replace a gun you blew up with bad ammo?

don't think that 329 was ammo related think it was poorly made gun.

if ammo was the factor one or the other companies should /will replace th gun.
most of this ka-boom stuff is hear say, i have yet heard anyone say i saw this or this was my gun and it blew up because of.

if glock's cant take it then i don't want it, if it had been a glock that i had the KA-BOOM WITH it would just be trashed but the SF 1911 held firm, must be something to this
steel vs plastic thing.

think winchester had some bad ammo a few years back that blew up a few guns and i think Taurus replaced one they might have gone after win for the damages, will have to look for that page but may be hard to find with all the gun bashing pages going around.

sounds like some cant stand it when something other then a Taurus fails.

bottom line again, ALL GUNS WILL FAIL it might not be you gun but im pretty sure there is not 1 gun model out here that has not had some kind of failure.
could have been ammo, limp wrest, gun, anything, thing is the gun failed.

not trying to argue with anyone, just saying anything man made will/can fail at anytime. no matter of cost.

i like Taurus, smiths,CZ,cant think of any i would turn my nose up at, even a glock, i even bought a ford once,:rolleyes:

glock's get bashed as much as Taurus but people still buy them and will still do so regardless of what naysayers say on forms ;)

doc2rn
September 30, 2010, 04:12 PM
I have dealt with their CS dept so many times it makes me ill every time I hear someone mention them. I have had 4 Taurus guns and 3 had issues. I had a 92f knockoff litterally fall apart as the first magazine was shot out of it, reminded me of my first erector set. I lost one of the grip screws and asked them for a new one, their reply send it in. 9 months later came back missing the screw with note "we no longer carry parts for this model". Ok had gunsmith machine one and traded it off for a titanium 357. On the third trip to the range the cylinder cracked, being as they where new taurus sent me my money back a year later. So I went and bought a .17 instant backup with the $$ and low and behold you cant shoot a full cylinder because every third shot locks the cylinder against the frame due to necked shells expanding and backing out! So lesson learned, no more Taurus or year long waits on customer service for me thanks.:barf:

If you enjoyed reading about "Taurus customer service" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!