Which brass is blackest?

PDA

Jesse Heywood
September 28, 2010, 05:30 PM
I keep reading about reloading Titegroup with lead bullets and getting scorched brass. I'm not doubting that it does occur, but I haven't had the problem. Went to the range today to take my mind off a root canal and decided to take some pics to show different loads without scorching. All were .32-20, 100 gr. LRN from MBC shot from a Uberti SAA clone. I could see a little scorching with the Titegroup, but not much more than with Trail Boss or Bullseye.

http://www.thehighroad.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=128278&stc=1&d=1285705700

If you enjoyed reading about "Which brass is blackest?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
JimKirk
September 28, 2010, 05:57 PM
I see normal smoking of the pistol cases ... No scorching at all. It's a fact some loads smut the case more than others... been happening before I started reloading and ever since. 41+ years now.

Pick the powder that provides the least if that is what you want.

Jimmy K

Walkalong
September 28, 2010, 06:20 PM
Pretty clean. Some sooting, but no real scorching I can see.

Guy de Loimbard
September 28, 2010, 07:04 PM
FFFg leaves a lot of soot on cases.

Jesse Heywood
September 28, 2010, 07:17 PM
I'm glad you agree with me. I have loaded Titegroup in .32-20, 38 spl., .380 auto and .45 Colt with only minimal scorching. What am I doing different so I don't get scorching? :confused:

lwknight
September 28, 2010, 08:24 PM
A little scorching only hurts the pot of beans.

If you enjoyed reading about "Which brass is blackest?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!