University of Texas Shooting this morning.

PDA

TexasGunbie
September 28, 2010, 05:44 PM
So a shooting occur this morning at University of Texas in Austin, no causalities other than the gunman shot himself in the end.

I think this is another reason why cc should be allowed in school campus.

I am a student and I spend at least 30 hours a week in school and libraries. I feel vulnerable not being able to have something to defend myself.

Any input on ccw in school?

If you enjoyed reading about "University of Texas Shooting this morning." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Evergreen
September 28, 2010, 06:02 PM
CC is better than nothing, but what can I guy with a pistol do against a maniac wielding an AK-47? Personally, I don't like those odds. I think all people should be allowed to open carry a rifles on campus. In countries like Israel, this is what people do, because they know there is armed threats lurking at every corner. And when I say armed, we are talking people with rifles, RPGS, bombs, bulldozers, etc.. This is just how the world is going these days. I truly think by keeping schools free of guns, they put the life of our students at risk. They are just easy pickings right now. I know I have said before to others, that the maniac at Virginia Tech could have been easily stopped with just one bullet, but all the people there were just like scared and helpless little sheep waiting to be slaughtered.

essayons21
September 28, 2010, 06:06 PM
but what can I guy with a pistol do against a maniac wielding an AK-47? Personally, I don't like those odds.

A lot more than a guy armed with a pencil or a chair. A concealed handgun is not a magical talisman which will slay evildoers by its very presence, but at least it gives you a fighting chance.

Larry Ashcraft
September 28, 2010, 06:24 PM
Duplicate. (http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?t=546412)

If you enjoyed reading about "University of Texas Shooting this morning." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!