Buffalo Bore 158gr. LSWC-HP (non +P).38 special?

PDA

megatronrules
September 30, 2010, 03:36 PM
Does anyone here have any experience with this bb .38 special ammo? I'm asking about the non +P version of this load,is it really safe for use in older alloy framed guns like my Colt Cobra?

I ask as I've read that BB loads their ammo extremely hot. My Cobra is a 3rd generation gun with the ejector rod shroud that I've read is rated for limited +P use. However I'd prefer not to take a chance of damaging the guns frame as they are no longer made. thanks for any help on this guys.

If you enjoyed reading about "Buffalo Bore 158gr. LSWC-HP (non +P).38 special?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
rcmodel
September 30, 2010, 03:45 PM
I assume the standard pressure (not +P) load is exactly what it says it is.
That being a 158 grain lead bullet at 850 FPS.

Or, standard .38 Special performance for about the first 75 years it was made.
After the +P ammo pressure slight-of-hand in the mid-1970's, standard 158 grain factory loads are about 100 FPS slower then they always had been in the first 3/4 century after it was invented in 1899. The "new" +P is only slightly faster then the old standard load.

http://www.buffalobore.com/index.php?l=product_detail&p=110

That ammo should be perfectly fine in any .38 Spl made in modern times.

rc

statelineblues
September 30, 2010, 10:38 PM
I carry Buffalo Bore 125gr. SJHP (non +P) .38 SPL in my 50+ year old S&W Model 40 Cenntenial. I have shot a box thru and had no problem, felt just the same as .38 SPL FMJ target loads.

If you enjoyed reading about "Buffalo Bore 158gr. LSWC-HP (non +P).38 special?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!