Kershaw Needs Work.

PDA

bikerdoc
September 30, 2010, 04:42 PM
Had to take SWMBO to walmart last night for some stuff for the grandkids. Stopped by the Sporting Goods section and picked up a Needs Work - like I really need another knife.

Quite impressed, Skandik steel, nice fit and finish, opens fast, locks up tight, and made in USA.
Probably wont replace my Spydecos for EDC but very nice indeed.

If you enjoyed reading about "Kershaw Needs Work." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
BRad704
September 30, 2010, 08:21 PM
Congrats on the new acquisition... but visually, I do not find those very appealing... Just my 0.02

Texas Gun Person
September 30, 2010, 10:06 PM
The Needs Work is on my to buy list. :)

Have fun with yours!

bikerdoc
October 1, 2010, 07:41 AM
I do not find those very appealing

I agree, down right ugly, that was part of the attraction, but boy does it work. and sharp out of the box. Most new knives need the "Doc stone" to meet my standard

TimboKhan
October 1, 2010, 08:03 PM
I came close to buying a Skyline last night at Walmart, and the Needs Work was hanging right above it.

I bought neither, but I don't know why I don't. They seem like good deals. I don't know what it is with me and my reluctance to buy a Kershaw. I like a good many of their designs and I carried (and still own) a Vapor that has been nothing but splendid. Still, for whatever reason, I always balk when I am looking at them.

MikePaiN
October 4, 2010, 09:50 PM
Next time I'm at Wally-World I'm going to pick up a "Needs Work". I saw one at Dick's and it seems like good folder to carry when I want something bigger than my Kershaw Scallion. Dick's price was $40, WW is about $32.

Stainz
October 5, 2010, 07:55 AM
There was a short run of the Needs Work in G10 scales. I had to get mine via evil-bay, but it was worth it - great hand fit/feel. I love the Wharncliffe style blade, too. It really is a knife that begs for use. I thought a Ti/S30V version would be real nice - but the price would skyrocket - and it would likely be 'too purdy' then to abuse. The Sandvic steel they use is such an improvement over their 440A of yesteryear. I didn't know WallyWorld carried it!

Stainz

bikerdoc
October 5, 2010, 07:59 PM
Guys,

It is a worker!
Great on boxes and trim work and the blade holds up great.

Doc

If you enjoyed reading about "Kershaw Needs Work." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!