Ruger grips

PDA

brad higgins
September 30, 2010, 06:31 PM
This is a dumb question but here goes,I have a Ruger police service six that im trying to find some rubber grips for all i can find are grips for a security six are they compatable?

If you enjoyed reading about "Ruger grips" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Landlocked Pirate
September 30, 2010, 06:43 PM
The grips should be the same unless your gun has a round butt, and even then they might work, depending on the particular grip. However, Security-Six grips changed slightly after a certain serial number series and I don't know what that is, so you'll have to check.

moxie
September 30, 2010, 07:20 PM
I think they are compatible. I like the Hogue Monogrip.

roaddog28
September 30, 2010, 07:28 PM
Hi,
I have a Ruger Police Service Six 4 inch that was made back in 1985. I have Hoque rubber grips on the revolver. They cost around $20. The real early Security Sixes do have a problem with the rubber grips. I believe the serial number ranges would start in the 175-XXXX range and maybe further down. Hoque puts on their package the serial range their grips will fit.

Hope this helps,
Howard
http://i656.photobucket.com/albums/uu283/HPitt74985/RugerServiceSix.jpg

brad higgins
September 30, 2010, 07:50 PM
Thanks guys mine has serial number 155-xxx but looks just like Roaddogs pic almost sold it but just couldnt i love it it just needs better grips,it was made in 1982.

gb6491
September 30, 2010, 08:32 PM
I believe the serial number ranges would start in the 175-XXXX range and maybe further down.
The frame change did start further down at serial prefix #151.
That's a nice looking Service Six you have there roaddog28:)
Regards,
Greg

If you enjoyed reading about "Ruger grips" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!