25 wssm AR

PDA

S&WKING
September 30, 2010, 11:56 PM
Ok so my buddy loves my ar but he want one in a 25.06. I remebered that oly arms made 1 in a wssm. He wants it to shoot deer i told him that dpms and others make 243. What do you guys think would be better a 25wssm or 243wssm or just a plain 243 AR for deer?

If you enjoyed reading about "25 wssm AR" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Flea
October 1, 2010, 02:32 AM
.243 is going to require an AR-10 based rifle; the case is much too large for the AR-15 platform.

I'd argue that the .243 wssm might have a better bullet selection, but the .25 wssm will be roughly the equivalent of the .25-06 cartridge.

I guess the biggest question is do you want to spend a little more on the platform (AR-10) and have a very common cartridge available mostly anywhere (regular .243), or do you want to have the AR-15 platform and spend around double on ammo that may or may not stick around.

S&WKING
October 1, 2010, 10:01 AM
yea i know itd be the ar 10 but idk id have to talk to him again he offered to buy mine but its a 204 he isnt worried about money he finally got a for his career so hes making way more than what he knows to do with but ill tell him about the oly arms 243 and 25 wssm and see what he says about that verse the 243 win

lilquiz
October 2, 2010, 09:06 AM
If money is no object, get the .300 ossm. This round has really peaked my intrests.

If you enjoyed reading about "25 wssm AR" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!