Couple new things, AR things

PDA

lencac
October 2, 2010, 01:34 AM
Hi guys:
Well I got project "Cheap AR" done.
And now they are multiplying. Why does this always happen to me:banghead:

Anyway, the 5.56 I built for $500, everything completely new. Noveske N4 lower, the rest DPMS. It functions perfect and shoots pretty good it seems like so far. Just put the red dot on it and did a 10 cent zero on it and took some shots at a couple hundred yards. It's as bone stock as it gets.

The other one, the stragiler that followed me home, I just call the beast, is an ArmaLite AR-10T, 16" carbine 7.62/.308, Super SASS with adjustable gas port for use of a suppressor. SASS = Semi automatic sniper system. These were built as a trials rifle for a gov't contract competition. Almost all were 20" barrels but a very few were put together with 16" super heavy barrel SASS rifles. These were sold as surplus by Armalite is my understanding. Anyway, I loaded some 168 gr. for it s let's see what it can do.:what:
I've only dumped 1 clip through it with South Africian ball to make sure it works properly, and it does. I'm going to take bth the the range tomorrow and do a little work:cool:

If you enjoyed reading about "Couple new things, AR things" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
If you enjoyed reading about "Couple new things, AR things" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!