Nice collection

PDA

FNAUTO5
October 2, 2010, 12:11 PM
Nice collection confiscated by the man.

http://www.deredactie.be/cm/vrtnieuws.english/mediatheek_en/1.875102

If you enjoyed reading about "Nice collection" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Fisherman_48768
October 2, 2010, 02:59 PM
Unless we are ever vigilant and vote properly we will find ourselves in the same situation.

Archie
October 3, 2010, 10:43 PM
I had great sympathy for the subject until I saw the hand grenades. I suppose one could justify hand grenades as 'defensive' weapons in some setting, but I would be hard to convince. I'd also like to see the man in question; for instance, is he middle eastern?

As pro gun as I am, there is always more to the story.

taliv
October 3, 2010, 10:57 PM
what's wrong with hand grenades? in America, we don't have to JUSTIFY anything. I can buy hand grenades if i have the $ and just feel like it.

In EU, where it looks like that was filmed, I assume the grenades are no more illegal than the guns. so what difference does it make?

And what difference does it make if he's middle eastern???

being pro-gun is good. being pro-freedom is better.

kingpin008
October 3, 2010, 11:20 PM
Took the words right outta my mouth, Taliv.

HOOfan_1
October 4, 2010, 12:01 AM
I've said it before and I'll say it again. One reason behind the Second Amendment was to protect ourselves from our own government if need be....how can we do that it we are not legally allowed to be armed as well as them?

MinnMooney
October 4, 2010, 12:14 AM
I would like it we were as well armed as the gov't but that, of course, is impossible. I know few who are wealthy enough to buy a few F-15's and some stealth bombers but we do need to be as armed and vigilant as we can be.
Hand grenades? They should be totally legal as should grenade launchers, mortars and rocket launchers. If a person is law-abiding and sane then these items will only be used for practice and defense against a corrupt gov't. It would be difficult - but not impossible - to defend ourselves with hunting rifles, lots of ammo and some scrounged military ordnance.

Kingofthehill
October 4, 2010, 06:02 AM
love how they showed ALL of that EMPTY ammo... lol

Rshooter
October 4, 2010, 10:37 AM
what's wrong with hand grenades? in America, we don't have to JUSTIFY anything. I can buy hand grenades if i have the $ and just feel like it.

Please correct me on this but I thought hand gernades were illegal to own by civilians.

Mt Shooter
October 4, 2010, 10:46 AM
love how they showed ALL of that EMPTY ammo... lol

I caught that also, but it didn't stop them from calling it ammo. Every year the City does a toxic waste round up, this includes ammo. I am surprised how many people bring brass, of course I pick through it. But its just BRASS you can take it to the recyclers and get cash for it if you want.

fireside44
October 4, 2010, 10:51 AM
Wow, he reactivated all those weapons. Sounds like a Constitutionalist living abroad to me.:)

esquare
October 4, 2010, 11:04 AM
Rshooter - any legal person can own explosives, machine guns and grenades, rockets, fast attack vehicles, tanks, howizters, fighter aircraft and a whole lot of other things if one goes through the correct legal channels. Really, the media loves to tell us that they are illegal and blah, blah, blah, but you might be surprised to find out what is actually legal to own in most states in the US. ... and that's a very good thing, IMO.

As to the comment about grenades not being a defensive weapon, and therefore we should not have them - please re-read the federalist papers, the constitution and several accounts of the American Revolution and then reformulate your opinion. We have the right to keep and bear all arms, not just those deemed 'defensive'.

Plus, I would bet a bunch that the hand grenades aren't live - more likely surplus souvenirs.

Hatterasguy
October 4, 2010, 11:12 AM
You can own just about anything, my friend saw an SU-25 take off the other day in NY.

If you have the money you can buy anything. Heck with the PMC's these days you can even buy your own army. Screw having toys, get yourself a whole battalion with light armor and helicopter gunship support!:D

JohnBT
October 4, 2010, 11:23 AM
" assume the grenades are no more illegal than the guns."

They arrested him for having legal guns? :confused:

The caption on the video says they weren't legal. Is there such a word as un-de-milled?

CoRoMo
October 4, 2010, 11:35 AM
It is certainly a collection, I'll give you that. But a 'nice' collection?

Eh.

Eye of the beholder I suppose.

MistWolf
October 4, 2010, 11:47 AM
I like how the grenades werre in a box marked "Bouquet". Ain't that romantic?

"My girl got me a bouquet of hand grenades for our anniversary!"

Rshooter
October 4, 2010, 02:21 PM
Esquare, thanks for the information. I thought gernades were a no-no.

highorder
October 4, 2010, 02:47 PM
I saw several M1 rifles. It would be nice to have them back home.

HGUNHNTR
October 4, 2010, 10:15 PM
had great sympathy for the subject until I saw the hand grenades. I suppose one could justify hand grenades as 'defensive' weapons in some setting, but I would be hard to convince. I'd also like to see the man in question; for instance, is he middle eastern?

What the heck difference does it make if he's from the Middle East?

This guy could have owned everything in the video totally legally.

Big Bill
October 4, 2010, 10:32 PM
If a person is law-abiding and sane then these items will only be used for practice and defense against a corrupt gov't.Where in the second ammendment does it say that one has to be law-abiding or sane to own firearms?

JohnBiltz
October 5, 2010, 03:32 AM
Well I got to say grenades make me nervous. Made me nervous when I was carrying them much less some yahoo I don't know. The things are dangerous.

alsaqr
October 5, 2010, 08:24 AM
The "grenades" are practice grenades that have been painted OD. See the hole in the bottom.

HGUNHNTR
October 5, 2010, 01:12 PM
Well I got to say grenades make me nervous. Made me nervous when I was carrying them much less some yahoo I don't know. The things are dangerous.

Lots of folks say the same thing, only substitute firearms for grenades.

Maybe he is much more responsible than you, and if he's legal it doesn't matter anyway.

VegasAR15
October 5, 2010, 01:40 PM
I believe hand grenades can be purchased legally, I think you need to get a tax stamp similar to an SBR or FA.

Speaking of hand grenades, there are some for sale in Las Vegas on backpage.com

$1,000, US military M67 Hand Grenades for sale.
http://lasvegas.backpage.com/SportsEquipForSale/1000-us-military-m67-hand-grenades-for-sale/3323637

Seems a little fishy to me though. Someone on a local forum emailed him asking if they were legal and on a Form 4 transferrable, he didn't get a reply back.

DoubleTapDrew
October 5, 2010, 05:40 PM
Is there such a word as un-de-milled?
Maybe REWAT (as opposed to DEWAT)? lol

I had some of those souvenier WWII pineapple hand grenades as a kid, they were like $5 each at the surplus store. Fuse was burned out and a hole in the bottom so it couldn't hold powder.

DoubleTapDrew
October 5, 2010, 05:46 PM
Someone on a local forum emailed him asking if they were legal and on a Form 4 transferrable, he didn't get a reply back.
He probably already used his one phone call. Don't those things only get sold to the military? I'm not opposed to them being in civilian hands, just wondering how they would make their way onto the open market if they weren't stolen.

alsaqr
October 5, 2010, 05:56 PM
I believe hand grenades can be purchased legally, I think you need to get a tax stamp similar to an SBR or FA.

This is true. Very few high explosive hand grenades are legally owned. The ATF calls them Destructive Devices.

Ian
October 6, 2010, 12:24 AM
Actually, "rewat" is exactly the term - "reactivated war trophy". There are a bunch of machine guns out there that were dewatted (deactivated war trophy - not the same as demilled) by having barrel plugged but still with live receivers. Such guns can be transferred on a Form 5 with no tax. An owner can also pay a $200 tax (plus Form 1 or 2) to apply to have the gun legally reactivated.

If you enjoyed reading about "Nice collection" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!