New Model Single Six spring

PDA

bk42261
October 2, 2010, 05:16 PM
:banghead:Yesterday I didmassembled my S/S Single Six, and had some trouble getting it put back together. I thought I had it all correct (haven't fired it, but it seems to act correctly).:) This afternoon, I found what appears to be the cylider bolt spring and plunger (I think those are the correct terms) on the floor.:mad: The cylinder locks up properly in cycling the gun. Would this happen if I had dropped the spring during reassembly? I don't want to take it apart again if I don't need to.:banghead:

If you enjoyed reading about "New Model Single Six spring" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
788Ham
October 2, 2010, 05:24 PM
You'd best take it to a qualified gun smith. Yes, those parts are needed in the revolver, if they weren't, they wouldn't have been in there! Best leave things like this to someone more qualified. If not sure about the disassembly sequence, then the re-assembly is going to be more dumbfounding!

rcmodel
October 2, 2010, 05:40 PM
Yes, you have to take it apart again!

If the bolt works properly?
Then it sounds like the hand spring #36 & plunger #35 to me.

http://www.brownells.com/.aspx/sid=6/schematicsdetail/#7

Try cocking the gun with it pointed straight up and see if the cylinder turns.

Bet it don't!

rc

bk42261
October 2, 2010, 05:48 PM
RCMODEL You are correct, sir. :DI guess I'll have to (try):rolleyes:to fix it tomorrow. I was so intent on NOT losing the other spring that I didn't notice that one falling out:fire:. Thanks for the help:)

BlkHawk73
October 2, 2010, 10:41 PM
They're actually very easy to take apart and reassemble. Have a schematic handy , lay everything out as you take each screw out.

If you enjoyed reading about "New Model Single Six spring" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!