Another Trail Cam Buck

PDA

FLAvalanche
October 4, 2010, 12:31 AM
Retrieved this one from the cam this evening. In this area this is a slightly above average sized buck.

Now here is why, sometimes, I want to smash my cameras into itty bitty pieces. They're great for seeing what you have coming in. They're great for helping you establish game patterns. They're also great at making you kick yourself in the hindquarters.

I was in my tripod stand on the other side of the field when this was taken...

If you enjoyed reading about "Another Trail Cam Buck" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
blackops
October 4, 2010, 01:26 AM
That certainly looks like a larger bodied deer than normal. Good meat!

FLAvalanche
October 4, 2010, 12:28 PM
It's much larger than most of the doe I've seen in this area. Most of our doe run around 90 lbs.

I miss Pennsylvania deer...

blackops
October 6, 2010, 01:10 AM
Good deal. Post more pics if you happen to see more deer.

FLAvalanche
October 6, 2010, 11:45 AM
Other than 3 tiny doe this is the only deer I've had in this particular plot this year. Last year the only deer I had was 13 Axis deer all at once on one lucky day.

Deer usually don't go into this field. It's an old orange grove. There's nothing for them to eat, it's too open, and there are too many pigs and a panther for them to stay very long.

The deer have been in here more lately due to the hogs strangely disappearing.

jeepmor
October 14, 2010, 12:59 AM
I was in my tripod stand on the other side of the field when this was taken...

That's funny. Good luck on him crossing in front of you next time.

Is the hogs disappearing a mystery indicating a cougar in there? Or someone taking home for bacon?

If you enjoyed reading about "Another Trail Cam Buck" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!