S&W M&P Knife

PDA

Blackhawk30
October 4, 2010, 09:48 AM
I bought the smaller of these at the loc al gunshow for $42.Seems like a nice knife.The blade is made of 4034 steel.How good is it?

If you enjoyed reading about "S&W M&P Knife" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
hso
October 4, 2010, 09:56 AM
The steel is on the very low end for "stainless" with barely enough carbon (.43-.5 %) to make a blade steel and the least Cr for "stainless" (12.5 - 14.5%).

Coyote3855
October 4, 2010, 01:37 PM
No offense intended, but the S&W knives I've owned and seen around are of mediocre quality.

Yo Mama
October 4, 2010, 04:37 PM
I think you were taken at that price. I'm sorry, and also don't want to offend but 15 bucks would be the max for me.

In the end, you can read on here, s & w are great knives to use when you don't want to damage your more expensive show pieces. I wouldn't use it for any defensive purposes, but it'll make a decent cutting tool.

hso
October 4, 2010, 05:03 PM
The best internet price is ~$33 so if you add shipping to the price you paid about the lowest current 'net price.

Onward Allusion
October 4, 2010, 05:06 PM
Made in China...not that everything Made in China is bad... The S&W M&P Assisted Open knife is of mediocre quality. Definitely not $42. Sorry. :(

Deltaboy
October 4, 2010, 09:24 PM
Ouch you paid too much!

Blackhawk30
October 5, 2010, 09:52 AM
Well,the price I paid was the cheapest at the gunshow.Other dealers wanted 55-65 for the same knife.Its not made in China,its made in Taiwan.

Yo Mama
October 5, 2010, 12:22 PM
Taiwan makes good blades actually. I'm done with China, and LOVE USA made, but Taiwan is acceptable and not bad at all.

If you enjoyed reading about "S&W M&P Knife" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!