Beware Gander Mountain deception!

PDA

SleazyRider
October 4, 2010, 05:11 PM
Gander Mountain has been running some terrific sales on ammunition as of late---or at least that's what they'd like you believe. When the sales flyer came in Sunday's paper a few weeks ago advertising .30-30 Winchester for $7.99 a box, I jumped on it, as did others in my neck of the woods. The deal, according to the flyer, was $7.99 after two rebates: one from Gander, the other ($2.50) from Winchester. An asterisk indicated that there was a "Min. 2 box purchase" (taken verbatim from the flyer). So I bought 5 boxes. The guy in front of me at checkout bought 10. I jumped through all the hoops to get the rebates: copied UPC codes, clipped UPC codes, enclosed all receipts, and filled out the forms.

I just received by rebate check from Gander in today's mail for a lousy four bucks--the rebate for 2 boxes, not 5. Apparently, what they mean by "Min. 2 box purchase," is that their rebate will only apply to 2 boxes! :mad: Seems to me that the language of their flyer should have been "2 box limit," no?

I'm filing a complaint with the New York State Department of Consumer Affairs, but wanted to alert THR members of this deception in the meantime. It's not the money that irks me; this is simply wrong.

If you enjoyed reading about "Beware Gander Mountain deception!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
oneounceload
October 4, 2010, 05:43 PM
What's simply wrong is that you thought Gander would EVER have low prices on ANYTHING gun-related. EVERYTHING in their store here where I live is at a minimum 25% OVER MSRP.

I stopped having folks get me gift cards for there - I can get the same stuff for much less elsewhere.

They and Cabela's used to have great prices when they were mail-order - but those super fancy stores cost a ton of money and you're paying for it every time you buy from them

desidog
October 4, 2010, 05:46 PM
Thanks for informing us, so we don't go down that path. However, when complaining, it's good to complain to the right people. I'd drop their customer service an email, and see if they'll make it right. They'll be more help than we will. Send them a scan of the ad.

SleazyRider
October 4, 2010, 06:05 PM
Thanks for informing us, so we don't go down that path. However, when complaining, it's good to complain to the right people. I'd drop their customer service an email, and see if they'll make it right. They'll be more help than we will. Send them a scan of the ad.
I'm not looking for help or empathy, just sharing my experience and hoping some of you will profit by it. I've attempted to contact GM several times in the past with regard to other issues; by polite e-mails and letters, and phone calls. I've yet to receive a response. They are not customer-oriented in my experience.

Arkansas Paul
October 4, 2010, 06:08 PM
Doesn't surprise me at all.
Gander is high on everything shooting related and it's rare when they get any money from me.

wvshooter
October 4, 2010, 06:30 PM
I used to be able to find an occasional good deal on a used handgun but no more. They have cut the number of used guns down to nothing and what they do have is way overpriced. IMO everything in the store from apparel to a can of CLP is overpriced.

I just bought a couple bricks of magnum rifle primers at Gander and paid $4 a hundred. That's high enough but one of our local owned shops wants $5 a hundred for pistol primers. Walmart is selling the pistol primers for $3.09 a hundred. Yeah for Walmart.

HOOfan_1
October 4, 2010, 07:25 PM
They and Cabela's used to have great prices when they were mail-order - but those super fancy stores cost a ton of money and you're paying for it every time you buy from them

The Gander Mountain in Hanover VA isn't fancy at all...just reminds me of a Dick's store...except instead of footballs weights and running shoes, they have more fishing stuff, hunting clothes, camping stuff and a few more guns.

The Bass Pro Shops is much fancier, and has much better prices...some of the cheapest prices on guns in my area. I went to the Cabela's in Hamburg PA coming back from Vermont and it was even more fancy than Bass Pro, and their prices were decent on ammo, in fact I bought 80 loaded .22-250 for $56.

gofastman
October 4, 2010, 07:29 PM
wow, that's borderline theft, one more reason to never go back there.

Jim Watson
October 4, 2010, 07:37 PM
Times change.
There has not always been a Midway.
I used to buy a lot of stuff from Gander Mountain that the local dealer did not have.
Now GM is thought high on price and my local dealer has closed one store and his other has more camo than reloading supplies.

Patriotme
October 4, 2010, 08:08 PM
They built a Gander Mountain in my area a few years ago. It was kind of cool but everyone quickly realized that while their selection was pretty good their prices were hiiiiigh. Bass Pro Shops built a store 2 miles up the road a year later and now Gander Mtn has more employees than customers on most days. Of course Bass Pro Shops can be a bit pricey if you don't know what you're shopping for.

grtwhthntr
October 4, 2010, 08:16 PM
I'm not a fan of GM anymore either. I called them today for a price for replacing the string and cables on my crossbow. They said it would be $80-$100, that's the closest they could come for a price. Seemed odd they couldn't tell me how much since they had the stuff in stock. My local mom and pop shop also had the parts in stock and did it for $55. Gander's gun prices have really gotten to be ridiculous. They used to have great deals when they first opened up here in Grand Rapids, MI.

SleazyRider
October 4, 2010, 10:34 PM
Coincidentally, I happened to speak to a customer service manager at the store since my original post. After reading the ad, she was surprised that they didn't send me a rebate for all 5 boxes, which is how they've been representing the sale to customers. But after further consultation with another customer service associate, she recanted, suggesting that "by minimum, they meant maximum.":eek: I was too dumbfounded to respond. Furthermore, "everybody is human," sayeth she, to which I was also at a loss for words. The other customer service associate then said it was a typo in the sales circular. I politely replied that the typo's been in the circular for the last three or four weeks. Confused? Me too.

The point of my post was not to malign GM, only to make members aware of a deception in GM's advertising. Buy 2 boxes and you're good to go. Remember, minimum means maximum.

HOOfan_1
October 4, 2010, 10:42 PM
quite right, I just got a new circular the other day and it said 2 box min. also.

Shadow 7D
October 5, 2010, 01:49 AM
yeah, call the FTC, sorry but that is a 'misleading' add, at the minimum they have to post a flyer correcting it, or send out checks...

HGM22
October 5, 2010, 02:24 AM
Thanks for the heads-up. And yes, Gander Mountain has ridiculous prices on their merchandise, like $20 boxes of WWB (50rd) or new Glocks ON SALE for $100 more than other store's everyday price.

Erik M
October 5, 2010, 05:23 AM
The only rebates I deal with are instant ones. Sears ripped me for a c-note about 10 years ago, that poisoned me against mail-in rebates for life.

Jed Carter
October 5, 2010, 05:42 AM
Gander Mountain are you listening? I have been in your store 5-6 times, never ever left with a purchase. Sportsmans Warehouse is no better, these mega stores should have micro prices, but they don't. I say support the locally owned gunstores rather than waste your time in places like these. I will vote with my wallet, and have so far voted no.

BCCL
October 5, 2010, 10:17 AM
I sometimes browse the GM in Paducah, while the rest of the clan are at the mall, but their ammo prices are so out of this world inflated, that I can't buy anything in there.

Perfect example last weekend, was 45 Colt "cowboy loads" that were literally $25.00 more per box than local stores.

Russ Jackson
October 5, 2010, 10:22 AM
Gander Mountain got me yesterday on some Vital Shok Slugs for 99 cents. And some 30-06 Winchester Ammo at $10.99 after rebates. All four of the Rebates he put in the bag are either expired or the wrong ones. Now I must go back and fix it...Russ

Onmilo
October 5, 2010, 10:30 AM
I saw the .30/30 ammo ad.
I knew there was a gimmick there somewhere.

Take a copy of Gun Digest into your local G-G-G-Gander Mountain and compare prices, I think they price things right from the Gun Digest MSRP!

You can get good deals on clothing if you shop end of season, everything else is way out there on the pricing.

Onmilo
October 5, 2010, 10:37 AM
Oh, and don't even try to trade guns there!
They basically insulted my factory Bushmaster A2 target rifle telling me they weren't interested in AR trades because "Too many people build them now and the guns are all kinds of problems."
My NIB Winchester/Miroku 1982 .45 Colt rifle "Has a ding in the stock so the best I can do is $350",,,,

A local gun shop bought the A2 for $650 because "We need that rifle, can't get them from Bushmaster right now and twenty inch rifles are getting popular again."

The Winchester/Miroku went to a CAS member for $750 and he was happy to spend the money, said, "These rifles win matches."
Didn't care the rifle had a match head size ding on the toe of the stock.

SleazyRider
October 5, 2010, 11:27 AM
Hold the phone! A miracle has happened! A representative from Gander Mountain just called me, apologizing for the mess, and promising to change the language of their advertising. They're sending me a gift card for the difference in price.

So for those of you that have already been duped, call Gander on the phone and they will make it right. Yes, I know that a cash refund would really make it right, but it's better than nothing, which is what I expected.

grtwhthntr
October 5, 2010, 12:17 PM
It's good to see a box store step up to the plate like that. Like you said though, they really should be writing you a check, but at least they're giving you something out of the deal.

jimmyraythomason
October 5, 2010, 12:22 PM
Well,since the NEAREST GM store is 58 miles away, I don't think I'll be taking them up on any sales with or without a rebate.

Kernel
October 5, 2010, 12:24 PM
The Winchester rebate form, at least, is pretty clear that's it's limited to $5 per household on two boxes of ammo.

http://www.winchester.com/SiteCollectionDocuments/pdf/Big%20Game%20Tear%20Pad%20Back%20-%20Final.pdf

ar24095
October 5, 2010, 12:26 PM
They gave me a $10.00 gift card for a mistake and on the back it read good on purchases of $50.00 or more. So they were still covered because there 50.00 purchase - $10.00 means you still payed 10 bucks to much for it:cuss:

doc2rn
October 5, 2010, 12:54 PM
If you think gander is bad go to sportmans wharehouse 3 blocks away in Thorton! Gun shows have better prices!:what:

SleazyRider
October 5, 2010, 02:09 PM
The Winchester rebate form, at least, is pretty clear that's it's limited to $5 per household on two boxes of ammo.

http://www.winchester.com/SiteCollectionDocuments/pdf/Big%20Game%20Tear%20Pad%20Back%20-%20Final.pdf
Yes, I agree, and that is precisely why GM should not be advertising $7.99 with a miniumum of 2 box purchase. One has to buy the ammunition first, then stand in line at the customer service desk to get the rebate forms, which you can then read. They will not accept returns on ammunition, BTW.

HOOfan_1
October 5, 2010, 02:50 PM
They should have caught the mistake long ago...then posted a retraction: at the front door, at the ammunition department and at the cash registers.

Sport45
October 5, 2010, 11:08 PM
Retracting post. I see it's already been covered.

writerinmo
October 5, 2010, 11:31 PM
I've read enough posts on this and other forums to never even look at anything the Gander might offer.

Wishoot
October 6, 2010, 09:12 AM
I don't even bother going into Gander for any shooting gear. Even Cabela's is more reasonable.

huntsman
October 6, 2010, 10:56 AM
When the sales flyer came in Sunday's paper a few weeks ago advertising .30-30 Winchester for $7.99 a box, I jumped on it, as did others in my neck of the woods. The deal, according to the flyer, was $7.99 after two rebates: one from Gander, the other ($2.50) from Winchester.

any .30/30 for less than $14.00 a box seems to be a good deal to me.

Ben86
October 6, 2010, 01:02 PM
I thought my local Gander has inflated prices just because they have no local competition. Looks like that may not be the only reason. Soon this will change as there will be a new Academy Sports open up right across the highway. :) Sometimes Gander has good deals on used guns, but that's about it.

HOOfan_1
October 6, 2010, 03:14 PM
I thought my local Gander has inflated prices just because they have no local competition. Looks like that may not be the only reason. Soon this will change as there will be a new Academy Sports open up right across the highway. :) Sometimes Gander has good deals on used guns, but that's about it.

Gander Mountain has the highest prices in my area...and there is a Bass Pro Shops and a Richmond VA institution of a Gun shop, both within 5 minutes driving distance of the Gander. I've heard rumors they may be shutting down, but these rumors are 2 years old by now. The only upside to the Gander Mountain recently has been that every once in a while they will get a group of surplus arms....like Mosins for $150 or Bundeswehr P-1s for $200

SleazyRider
October 6, 2010, 04:24 PM
any .30/30 for less than $14.00 a box seems to be a good deal to me.
They now have .30-06 Remington Core Lokt for $10.99 a box, limit 2 boxes. Who could resist?

springfield30-06
October 6, 2010, 04:40 PM
After reading the ad, she was surprised that they didn't send me a rebate for all 5 boxes, which is how they've been representing the sale to customers. But after further consultation with another customer service associate, she recanted, suggesting that "by minimum, they meant maximum."
Buy 2 boxes and you're good to go. Remember, minimum means maximum.

Wow, I had to hold my laugh back so that everyone didn't hear me cracking up at work!

22-rimfire
October 6, 2010, 11:34 PM
I seldom send those rebate things in. That is probably what they are counting on. But the rebate on a maximum of 2 boxes is a lot different from "two box limit" unless it is stated that way on the rebate form relating to the rebate only.

I was in Gander one day and saw a typical price on Buck 110 knife... with a rebate. I said, sure, I have been wanting one of these for a long time.... I completed the paperwork and submitted a copy of the sales receipt.... guess what? The rebate was a year old and not valid any more, but Gander had this big spread of those knives like it was current and if you didn't read the form carefully, you would certainly think the rebate was current. I even emailed Buck over it and they mentioned the date thing which I totally missed. Ya got to read the fine print!

For me... NO MORE GANDER MT except for items that only they carry and that isn't many.

788Ham
October 7, 2010, 01:59 AM
I'll have to agree with you doc2rn, I was the Gander in Thornton last week, was going to buy the last box of .32 acp ammo they had, until I saw they wanted $29.92 for a box of 20 rounds, I ordered from Midway, got 100 rounds for just a little more! They can keep 'em and pack sand.

ZeroJunk
October 7, 2010, 08:49 AM
Gander Mountain works fine for new hunters, shooters, or those who just do an occassional outing to the field or range. And, it works for those buying gifts for the above. Most of these people have never heard of Midway, Natchez, Cheaper than Dirt etc. IOW, they have their niche, and it is not firearms or hunting enthusiast.

Deltaboy
October 7, 2010, 10:08 AM
The Golden Rule of Shopping is Buyer Beware!

MrOldLude
October 7, 2010, 01:44 PM
"I'm gunna file uh complaint with the guvermint!"

Caveat emptor, read the fine print.

Ruger Redhawk
October 7, 2010, 04:09 PM
I used Gander way back when they were a mail order and had good prices. Those days are gone forever. We have nothing around us. Last year we went to Gander about a hr away. I couldn't believe their prices. I needed a couple ladder stands right away so I took the plung. Haven't been back since. I'd have to need something awful bad to go back.

I do like their sign about CCW's in their stores. That is a plus for them but that's about it.

SleazyRider
October 7, 2010, 05:18 PM
"I'm gunna file uh complaint with the guvermint!"

Caveat emptor, read the fine print.
Not sure what your point is.

Ben86
October 7, 2010, 05:34 PM
Not sure what your point is.

Sarcastic humor I'm sure. ;)

R.Ph. 380
October 8, 2010, 12:38 AM
The last time I used a GM was in 2008 when they had a SS Bersa 45 in one of their Michigan stores they would ship to their Texas store so I could buy it. Yeah, last time I'll go back there, they charged me 35.00 shipping and 25.00 FFL transfer fee for a 350.00 gun. True it was one of the last ss in the country but 1/4th the price of the gun in fees? Last thing I've ever bought there, I was just glad to get out of there with gas money to get back to Dallas.

bpl
October 9, 2010, 11:20 AM
I know we're all knocking the inflated prices at Gander Mountain, but they do occasionally have a good deal though. For instance, within the last 1-2 months I bought a new FN produced Winchester Model 70 Featherweight in 243 on sale for $599. They also had the same model in 308 on sale for the same price. This is the cheapest I have seen them anywhere, including CDNN.

iafirebuff
October 9, 2010, 05:25 PM
I bought a "used" S&W 3913 - it was in unfired condition, had 4 S&W magazines, Novak Night Sights, original sites, case and manuals. Everything was new and unused. Price - $325.00! I could not buy that fast enough!

rozziboy18
October 9, 2010, 09:17 PM
Everything was new and unused. Price - $325.00!

SEE THE ONE HERE IN KNOXVILLE PULL THE SAME DEAL. two months ago i went in to buy a kimber eclipse 2. it stickered for 1199.99, no sale's nothing, the guy went to ring me up and. behold! 999.99 i litterly huged the man.

bottom line, there kinda stupid. but sometimes im our favor!
also there reloading selection sucks, ill stick to mahoneys in johnson city

Kentucky_Rifleman
October 9, 2010, 09:18 PM
Sportsmans Warehouse is no better

Not on everything. A couple of weeks ago they were running CCI, Winchester, and Federal Primers for 27.99 per 1000 and all Alliant and IMR powders were down to 23.99 a pound. That's as cheap as I've seen either in a while. I picked up extra. Best of all, no hazmat fee! :)

Their gun prices are pretty much straight-up retail, but they run some decent sales from time to time.

All in all, they aren't too bad; you just have to watch for the deals.

Your problem, Jed, is that you're here in Lexington with me, and Bud's has spoiled us on new guns. :)

KR

DenaliPark
October 9, 2010, 10:10 PM
What's simply wrong is that you thought Gander would EVER have low prices on ANYTHING gun-related. EVERYTHING in their store here where I live is at a minimum 25% OVER MSRP.

I stopped having folks get me gift cards for there - I can get the same stuff for much less elsewhere.

I stopped into the Gander store in Blaine MN just a couple of weeks ago, they had a Ruger KP345PR .45 auto in the display case listed at $600.00! This is the same store that charges $59.00 for a box(20-rounds)of 9mm hollow points! Why anyone would spend a dime on a Gander gun, or gun gear is simply beyond my comprehension....

DenaliPark
October 9, 2010, 10:13 PM
I don't even bother going into Gander for any shooting gear. Even Cabela's is more reasonable.
They are the second best(meaning worst)price gougers in America, followed closely by Bill's Gun shop & range in third...

Kentucky_Rifleman
October 9, 2010, 10:19 PM
They are the second best(meaning worst)price gougers in America, followed closely by Bill's Gun shop & range in third...

Who is the worst price gouger?

KR

52grain
October 9, 2010, 11:20 PM
Gander Mountain are you listening? I have been in your store 5-6 times, never ever left with a purchase. Sportsmans Warehouse is no better, these mega stores should have micro prices, but they don't. I say support the locally owned gunstores rather than waste your time in places like these. I will vote with my wallet, and have so far voted no.

Gander Mountain does have ridiculous prices on guns, but the Sportsman's Warehouse down the road has always had reasonable prices. Generally in line with Scheel's and slightly less to roughly comparable to Bass Pro Shops. Only one Ma and Pa store in town and their selection is limited and the location is inconvenient for me.

duns
October 9, 2010, 11:37 PM
I'm appalled at what I've read about Gander Mountain in this thread and will never shop there again. Easy decision.

What really roused my interest was the discussion on mail in rebates. Stores rely on people forgetting to mail in their forms in time or on people not doing the paperwork correctly. And if your mail-in rebate never comes (even after doing all the right paperwork), are you tracking it anyway? And probably most of the time the item price has been increased to cover the mail-in rebate. I've come to the view that mail-in rebates are not worth my time in processing them. I now seek out the best value amongst those products that do not offer mail-in rebates.

PS I've also had mail-in rebates that were already expired when I bought the item..

jkingrph
October 11, 2010, 12:18 PM
I purchased two rifles at GM, one a CZ Safari American, 375H&H, beautiful wood, and they had some special going so the price was ok.

The other a little Marlin 1894 CL in 32-20, price was a bit high but I had been looking for a long time and those things are scarce.

That said, they did not at the times of those purchases or at anytime since had any ammo in those calibers. You wonder why they sell guns and no ammo for them. No problem for me, I just ordered brass dies and bullets earlier than I would have normally, and considering price of loaded ammo in those calibers it was probably the best thing to do,

SleazyRider
October 18, 2010, 08:13 PM
By way of a follow up to my initial post, the New York State Consumer Protection Board responded to my complaint swiftly and effectively. Within a week or so of filing my complaint, they sent a letter to GM; and within a week of that letter I received a phone call from the local store manager. He apologized for the "oversight," and promised to refund my 16 bucks worth of rebates in cash. This, of course, from the very same management that caused my complaint to escalate in the first place.

If anybody else has had this problem with GM, I would encourage you to pursue your complaint to a successful outcome---if necessary through government agencies. It's not about the 16 bucks; it's about letting them get away with consumer fraud.

pro2
October 18, 2010, 10:16 PM
The local Dick's has better deals on ammo and ammo than Gander Mountain does.

Ben86
October 19, 2010, 12:53 PM
Way to go sleazyrider, I love it when people are motivated enough to right these sort of wrongs. It makes the world a better place.

dgn1960
October 28, 2010, 08:33 PM
I just sent an email to GM Customer Service regarding the same misleading ad. Bought 12 boxes of .308, and got my $4 rebate from GM, and $5 rebate from Winchester. I'll see if I get a reply from GM. Looks like I may need to contact my local Consumer Protection folks if I don't get a refund, based on the other comments posted here.

"Airborne All The Way"

Onmilo
October 29, 2010, 10:21 AM
Farm and Fleet ad for this week has ALL Winchester centerfire ammo on sale.
Minimum 2 boxes for a $5 rebate and the ad states very clear, "Maximum of $5 rebate per household address."

SleazyRider
October 29, 2010, 02:14 PM
I just sent an email to GM Customer Service regarding the same misleading ad. Bought 12 boxes of .308, and got my $4 rebate from GM, and $5 rebate from Winchester. I'll see if I get a reply from GM. Looks like I may need to contact my local Consumer Protection folks if I don't get a refund, based on the other comments posted here.

"Airborne All The Way"
I don't use e-mail for such things. Personally, I'd contact the store manager, getting the name of said person, then call or write to Gander management if you aren't satisfied. They should be familiar with this problem. Then I'd contact the a state agency.

The important thing is to document everything, making copies of receipts and advertisements. But most importantly---stay with it! It's the principle of the thing!

Sapper771
October 30, 2010, 11:24 PM
I agree, Gander mountain is ridiculous with their prices. They had police trade in Glock 22's for $499 and they were in very rough shape. They also had a used XD tactical in 40 cal for $589!

Browsing their ammo selection, I found a 20 round box of Federal Cape Shok 458 win mag for $250!!!!
When I checked the net, GM' s price was twice as much as several other stores. I asked the clerk about the price, he said that it was the real price. I asked him why it was twice as expensive and he said "when your out hunting buffalo and you get that once in a lifetime shot, you want to have the best ammunition for the job." I laughed and thanked him for his time.

fourdollarbill
October 31, 2010, 09:25 AM
Hold the phone! A miracle has happened! A representative from Gander Mountain just called me, apologizing for the mess, and promising to change the language of their advertising. They're sending me a gift card for the difference in price.

So for those of you that have already been duped, call Gander on the phone and they will make it right. Yes, I know that a cash refund would really make it right, but it's better than nothing, which is what I expected.

Regardless, Gander Mountain uses this tactic as "damage control". They tried it with me. I talked to the guy behind the counter as I was looking for a handgun and I thought "big box store = good price" a little weary I told the guy I'm heading out to price check and he came back with "you can but we buy in volume so know body around here can beat our price" I hesitantly agreed and bought it only to find out every frigging gun dealer in the US had it for $90 less as a regular price. Yep My Fault But when I went back to politely advise the guy that he and GM apparently did not stay up on their competitive price checks. He smiled and said "you bought it didn't you". I just raised a brow, turned and left the building.

Long story short I emailed their cust serv dept with a little information on how to make repeat customers. And they called back with coupons. I told him I don't want your coupons for my mistake, I'm just giving you and you company advise on how you could of sold me more than just 1 gun.

SleazyRider
October 31, 2010, 09:44 AM
They eventually refunded my money in cash, after a letter from my state Consumer Protection Board. This is what it takes; you've got to ride these folks like a carnival pony.

Onmilo
October 31, 2010, 11:23 AM
MMMMmm carnival pony,,,,
Delicious with carrots and potatoes in a light cream gravy,,,,

Ben86
November 1, 2010, 01:12 PM
I asked him why it was twice as expensive and he said "when your out hunting buffalo and you get that once in a lifetime shot, you want to have the best ammunition for the job." I laughed and thanked him for his time.

That his hilarious! :D Why pay double the price? "Because when it's only you in the Amazon rainforest staring down a deadly black panther you need to feel confident that you weren't stingy with ammo and spent enough to get the best."

joed
November 2, 2010, 11:36 AM
Well, you made one mistake. And that was purchasing something with the word rebate attached to it. About 10 years ago I quit buying anything that promises a rebate if I mail something in.

I kept records of what I sent, how long I waited and if I got any return back for my time and postage. Do this and it will surprise you.

Unless I see a rebate at the register I won't buy the product.

nathan
November 2, 2010, 01:08 PM
They practice sleazy kind of business. I ve never been fan of Gander Mtn except to see their wares every once a year.

nathan
November 2, 2010, 01:12 PM
I best deal i had on ammo to date was two tins of 5.45 Russian surplus at $ 100 a tin. This was a private deal so enough said.

Ben86
November 2, 2010, 01:27 PM
Well, you made one mistake. And that was purchasing something with the word rebate attached to it.

I've been treated well when it comes to S&W's rebates. They take a while because they have so many to process, but they always pull through eventually. Some rebates are genuine deals, some are rips offs, others are completely fraudulent. You just have to be careful.

SleazyRider
November 2, 2010, 01:33 PM
They practice sleazy kind of business. I ve never been fan of Gander Mtn except to see their wares every once a year.
I like sleazy.

If you enjoyed reading about "Beware Gander Mountain deception!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!