Eotech on Ar-15 Help/Question

PDA

AR27
October 6, 2010, 12:24 PM
I have my eotech 512 zeroed on my AR15, it is mounted in rail slot T-12. If i were to move it forward about 2 slots to T-13 or T-14 would it lose zero or not be hitting the exact same as it was? Any help is appreciated

If you enjoyed reading about "Eotech on Ar-15 Help/Question" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
C-grunt
October 6, 2010, 12:29 PM
Most likely it will be off by a bit. You need to rezero any time you change the position of an optic.

Z-Michigan
October 6, 2010, 12:34 PM
What C-Grunt said.

It will probably be closer than if you took a new one out of the box and put it in the new position, but will need re-zeroing or at least checking zero.

FLAvalanche
October 6, 2010, 01:38 PM
It will more than likely need a couple of clicks adjustment. I had to adjust mine 3/4" at 100 yards after moving mine forwards a couple of slots to make room for a magnifier.

AR27
October 6, 2010, 04:52 PM
thanks everyone

General Lee
October 6, 2010, 09:20 PM
I take my Eo-Tech off my AR and switch it out for a scope occasionally and it zeroes if I put it in the exact position.

possum
October 7, 2010, 09:37 AM
it will not be the exact same poa/poi as before, maybe so little that you could hardly tell, however if i missed it i would still re zero it.

TonyAngel
October 7, 2010, 01:09 PM
How much it will be off will depend on how warped or not straight your upper receiver is. They are have variances, some more than other. I have a Daniel Defense upper on one of my builds and I can move the scope at will with no appreciable change in the POI. I don't know if all DD uppers are like this or if I just got lucky.

I also have a Rock River upper and if I change the position of the scope, the POI will be off by about an inch. I guess it varies.

If you enjoyed reading about "Eotech on Ar-15 Help/Question" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!