SW 360 loose screw???

PDA

TheProf
October 6, 2010, 03:45 PM
Anyone have this problem...

The screw that holds the cylinder release...I notice that with each firing of the gun, the screw starts to turn. By the time i have fired (even dry firing) 10 times, the screw has turned a complete cycle. I'm worried that the screw will loosen to the point that my cylinder release will fall off.

I dont' want to put a lock nut on the thing and mar the outside finish of the gun. Is there not a paste of some type that will prevent the screw from coming loose?

Any solutions?

If you enjoyed reading about "SW 360 loose screw???" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
springfield30-06
October 6, 2010, 03:47 PM
Maybe a dab of blue Loctite?

mstrat
October 6, 2010, 04:13 PM
Some Loctite should take care of it, or (dare I say it) nail polish.

I mention the latter because I use it to paint some of my sights, and have found it keeps screws in place, but has the added benefit of being easy to dissolve with nail polish remover when you want to remove the screw.

rcmodel
October 6, 2010, 04:22 PM
Clean degrease and apply one small drop of BLUE Lock-Tight.
It is designed for applications like that and can be easily removed with a screwdriver in the unlikely event, it ever becomes necessary.

Every S&W I own gets the LT treatment on the thumb-piece nut and ejector rod housing before I ever go shoot them the first time.
Once done, you have a lifetime trouble-free revolver

rc

If you enjoyed reading about "SW 360 loose screw???" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!