Unknown tool?

PDA

Doucme2
October 8, 2010, 03:52 PM
I found this in a box of assorted reloading tools I bought from a garage sale. Does anyone have any idea what it's for? I thought i'ed ask before I throw it away.

If you enjoyed reading about "Unknown tool?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
CoRoMo
October 8, 2010, 03:55 PM
Looks like a powder metering assembly of some sort.

JellyJar
October 8, 2010, 03:58 PM
If no one know what it is don't throw it away. Take it to the next gun show. You should be able to sell it for enough to pay for admission and parking. :)

Kingcreek
October 8, 2010, 04:09 PM
its from a powder measure. Pacific/Hornady maybe?
There was 2 sizes with them. one for small loads ie pistol and one for larger rifle loads.

HiWayMan
October 8, 2010, 04:15 PM
It is a micrometer for measuring something. That something would be easier to tell with a pic of the end you haven't shown us. If it is hollow and the the thicker black part is threaded on the outside it may well be a micrometer based seating die.

ETA: Seeing the responses above now I would agree that it is part of a powder measure.

ReloaderFred
October 8, 2010, 04:31 PM
It's a powder metering assembly from a powder measure. It looks similar to my Redding measures.

Hope this helps.

Fred

Vern Humphrey
October 8, 2010, 04:35 PM
It's a laptop computer -- you can see the keyboard in the upper part of the picture.

(the others are correct -- it's the meterng chamber for a powder measure.)

jak67429
October 8, 2010, 04:35 PM
Micrometer from a hornady powder measure. they usually come with 2, 1 large and 1 small.

rfwobbly
October 8, 2010, 09:02 PM
It's a laptop computer -- you can see the keyboard in the upper part of the picture.

+1 :neener:

pcwirepro
October 8, 2010, 10:43 PM
Older seating die micrometer.

http://www.midwayusa.com/viewProduct/?productNumber=394708

Doucme2
October 8, 2010, 11:07 PM
OK, you'll guessed it. It is a laptop. You can see the keyboard better from this angle.

EddieNFL
October 8, 2010, 11:28 PM
its from a powder measure. Pacific/Hornady maybe?
There was 2 sizes with them. one for small loads ie pistol and one for larger rifle loads.
We have a winner!

lwknight
October 9, 2010, 02:02 AM
If the end of the piston can be pulled back off the guide rod to expose only the smaller rod , it is a metering rod from a RCBS Duo-Measure that has been dis-continued for several years.

EddieNFL
October 9, 2010, 11:51 AM
From a Pacific measure:

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a338/EddieF/MeasureInsert.jpg

If you enjoyed reading about "Unknown tool?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!