Has your gun ever been ridiculed? let's hear it

PDA

Pages : [1] 2

rozziboy18
October 9, 2010, 01:59 AM
ok lets re-word this.

1.has someone every trashed the gun you were holding.

2.have you ever had a run in with a "crowd"? aka glock guys, kimber guys ect..

i wont post my story because i and retarted and my village dident raise me.
sorry to ruffle the grammer gods feathers.

If you enjoyed reading about "Has your gun ever been ridiculed? let's hear it" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Rail Driver
October 9, 2010, 02:02 AM
I'm sorry, I got about halfway through your post and couldn't continue to puzzle it out.

To answer the question, I've owned a hi-point, a Davis, and a Sigma at different times, and those guns were ridiculed, though I found nothing functionally wrong with them.

ljnowell
October 9, 2010, 02:05 AM
Seems to me that you came here to validate your own disdain for glocks. Whats worse, someone who defends thier own, or someone who attacks others?

bigfatdave
October 9, 2010, 02:58 AM
mo bettah engkeks, plz

I had my choice of pistol laughed at by some chump at the same CC class I was at.
His "far more appropriate" brand-new unfired Taurus .45acp "jammed" and he ended up renting the same thing I was shooting, a Ruger .22

My score was far better than his, and I actually shoot to improve my skills, rather than leaving the CC course as the only training I'll ever get.

lwknight
October 9, 2010, 02:59 AM
I'm used to it.
I have a Ruger P-95
I think its a great gun but , man what a lot if dissin it gets.

rozziboy18
October 9, 2010, 03:00 AM
i acually have a close friend who shot the same thing. sometimes your own words can bite you in the ass....case inpoint.

Snowdog
October 9, 2010, 04:14 AM
I'm sure I've caught flak for my Marlin M60 and Norinco SKS in the past, but only friendly jabs from buddies.

I've adopted the philosophy from the backwoods-folk of Western NC: you don't make fun of a man's girl, gun or dog. Seriously, this really isn't a bad idea.

The Wiry Irishman
October 9, 2010, 04:27 AM
Quite a bit, as most of my handguns are far heavier than most people like. Lots of "why would you want this brick?" and the like. Also there's my semi-custom 1911 that's had 5 parts breakages in less than 15,000 rounds, but its earned it.

CapnMac
October 9, 2010, 04:43 AM
The Berretta .25acp has been maligned; but usually the near-to-hand 1911 limits just how much.

stickhauler
October 9, 2010, 05:06 AM
Damn, this is a tough room! Rozzi, I got what you meant, so don't let them get you down.

Somehow I'd think "high road" would signify at least a common level of decency to others, regardless of whether they expressed themselves as an English professor or someone with poor grammar and spelling. I guess not?

azyogi
October 9, 2010, 05:41 AM
My NAA mini revolvers and laserlyte combo was amusing to some. My Zastava 9mm is maligned for safety problems it doesn't have. My AMT 25/.22 [ruger 10/22 clone] gets short changed, though it was made with all custom upgrades built in and out of stainless as well. I was told my ROA was overpriced and underbuilt, then the 80's got here. Some folk need to laugh at what they don't understand, or tear down everything else so they feel better about what they have. Ignore them, they have their uses if only as an example of uselessness.

rskent
October 9, 2010, 07:18 AM
I used to get a bit of crap about carrying a Lady Smith. It was a fine revolver and a good shooter. I wish I hadnít of sold it. O well.
Steve

highlander 5
October 9, 2010, 09:12 AM
I've been given grief for my love of single shot rifles mainly my Sharps and Browning. it's "why don't you join the 21 century and get an AR" or some other semi. That goes away when I put a 520 gr cast bullet 14'' into an 18" long log and that's just a '73 Springfield load.

Nokin3D
October 9, 2010, 09:19 AM
"Those cheap things", is what my Ruger P95 typically recieved by my buddies and family who never shot one. But once they did, then their replies changed to "That's a great shooting, cheap gun."

supham
October 9, 2010, 09:22 AM
I get smack talk about my LCP. My friends hate it because they can not hit anything beyond 15 ft with it. It must be the gun and that crappy trigger. Although I agree with them the trigger is LONG, I have learned to shoot well with it.

mustang_steve
October 9, 2010, 09:48 AM
Oh yeah, heck even my own dad gives me a hard time over my love for "busted old relics" (antique firearms, heck I even use an antique for CC, it's almost 60 years old and still fires every single time). Given, his beliefs on calibers and what firearms are worth using are almost fanatical (understandable but still fanatical).

I also get some comments from some range fellows yesterday firing my Astra Cub (1956 produciton based on SN), I got some comments like "is this back to the future day?"....my response was to ask them if they could group like I did with their firearm, if not keep practicing as there's no excuse if new tech is that much better (with a huge smile of course)...some of them shut up at that point :)

I'm starting to dish the smacktalk back, I found sometimes these guys aren't trying to be agitating, they just think smacktalk is fun.

SaxonPig
October 9, 2010, 10:08 AM
Several years ago I posted a photo of a gun with a stock that I had painted. Someone alerted me to another forum site where my gun and I were the subject of discussion.

Someone had copied the photo and pasted it on the the other forum and a bunch of guys were criticizing the gun's appearance and deriding me as a "Bubba," an idiot, and worse. I joined the forum and posted my response to their comments, noting it was MY gun and not THEIRS and I invited them to mind their own damn business and shut the Hell up. I informed them that I did NOT appreciate the insulting remarks from a bunch of keyboard commandos and I invited them to meet me anywhere they chose to discuss this matter in person in case any of them had the balls to say to my face what they were saying in the forum.

Apparently none of them did. There were no further comments on my rifle.

bonza
October 9, 2010, 10:21 AM
Oh yeah, heck even my own dad gives me a hard time over my love for "busted old relics" (antique firearms, heck I even use an antique for CC, it's almost 60 years old and still fires every single time

Not to ridicule or anything.....but to be an antique it would have to be made before 1898, at sixty yours is known as 'vintage', a mere pup! I love those old guns too, my oldest shooter is from the late 1700s, & my newest from the 1950s!

essayons21
October 9, 2010, 10:30 AM
My Century rechambered MAS-49/56 in 308. These things are the ultimate example of the drunken monkeys handiwork, and have a uniform reputation for poor reliability.

The touble is, mine runs like a swiss watch and is one of the handiest, fun shooting, and reliable 30 cal battle rifles I have ever had the pleasure of shooting

bubbaturbo
October 9, 2010, 10:32 AM
Seems kind of odd to think you could post a picture on the internet and then
expect people to mind their own business and not talk about it, even if the picture was copied.

Also, you had to join their forum in order to tell them to mind their own
business and to shut up?

And you think you scared them THROUGH the internet? :rolleyes:

mljdeckard
October 9, 2010, 10:47 AM
Mostly just in here, by the guys who hate Kimber.

Come to think of it, the ONLY guys I have ever heard trash Kimber were in here.

EddieNFL
October 9, 2010, 11:32 AM
Yep. Bushmaster, Ruger and Nighthawk. Maybe others I can't recall.

EddieNFL
October 9, 2010, 11:34 AM
Come to think of it, the ONLY guys I have ever heard trash Kimber were in here.

Broaden your horizons.

Vector
October 9, 2010, 12:07 PM
I'm sorry, I got about halfway through your post and couldn't continue to puzzle it out.

:scrutiny: I agree.

As to the question, I had a Star PD .45 which to my thinking was reliable, compact, and accurate. I had someone berate it as an inferior weapon at a range one day. I told the guy all the above, but he was skeptical. So we had a friendly shooting competition/pissing contest. When he saw my grouping he said it was because I was a "good shot", and while thanking him for the compliment, I said if the gun was inaccurate it wouldn't matter how good a shooter I was.
He still didn't concede that it was a good gun, but I think he came away with a little more respect for it afterward.

Smokey Joe
October 9, 2010, 12:34 PM
you don't make fun of a man's girl, gun or dog. Seriously, this really isn't a bad idea.Or horse. Or car. Or clothes.

I think the Navy has the right idea: They train their officers and NCO's to "praise in public, criticize in private." The concept dates back to John Paul Jones, I think.

unspellable
October 9, 2010, 01:02 PM
Two occasions. First time some years ago I announced I was leaving my rifle at home and taking my S&W 29 on a javalina hunting trip. The guys weren't really badmouthing the gun per se, but the idea of hunting with a revolver. I got a 50 yard shoit at a nice sized javalina running cross wise. I put the hard cast bullet between two ribs, through the cartliage on top of the heart and out between two ribs on the other side. The javalina went down in the space of five feet and not two ounces of meat spoiled. The other guys with rifles came home empty handed. Revenge was sweet.

The second occasion was when a customer in a gun shop bad mouthed my English double rifle on the grounds that it was not accurate enough for deer hunting. Guess he packs a twenty five pound bench rest rifle when he goes deer hunting.

TCB in TN
October 9, 2010, 01:05 PM
I have got grief over the years for my appreciation of cheaper guns. Of course most of that went away when my cheap guns and I out shot them! :evil:

I have owned "expensive" for me guns, and plenty of cheaper guns. IMHO the measure of a gun is does it meet the realistic expectations for it, I have owned many more cheap guns who did than expensive one. With my old Ruger M77 .270 I used to regularly shoot 5 shot groups in the 1.25in range at 200yrds, with factory ammo. I gave $300 for it. I got some grief from the Rem 700 crowd, but it out shot guns 3 times the cost. So I ended up doing most of the laughing!

I carried a little Keltec P32 for several years, got grief for it, but it was a reliable carry pc that I could shoot very well, was easy to conceal, and was a very good bang for the buck if you will.

Currently I carry a little Charter Arms snubby .38 I found cheap at a pawn shop. It fits my hand, well, shoots good for me, and goes bang every time. I own "better", but the CA fits me! I don't really care what others think, I own, carry, and shoot for my own benefit not theirs!

mljdeckard
October 9, 2010, 01:25 PM
Eddie, what, I'm supposed to walk around gun stores and LOOK for people who hate Kimber? Your internet hate is certainly magnified.

9mmepiphany
October 9, 2010, 01:56 PM
Eddie, what, I'm supposed to walk around gun stores and LOOK for people who hate Kimber? Your internet hate is certainly magnified.

I'm not Eddie, but I was a bit surprised by your earlier post also. Granted I only frequent 4 or 5 gun forum with any regularity, but most Kimber 1911s are held to some level of derision on all of them. Some of it is questionable (MIM) and some of it is founded (feeding issues)...but I think it pretty universal in the knowledgeable gun community.

mljdeckard
October 9, 2010, 02:08 PM
Neither myself, nor any of my friends who carry them and shoot them a lot, have ever had a significant problem. When you sell several TIMES more 1911s than your nearest competitor, a high number of reported problems doesn't equal a higher RATE of problems. (Particularly on the internet.)

9mmepiphany
October 9, 2010, 02:09 PM
I've had two personal carry guns ridiculed by co-workers when I chose them as duty guns. I found that in LE many opinions of the troops are reflective of what they hear from the range staff...which is seldom unbiased.

Back when we all carried revolvers as duty weapons, the issue gun was the S&W M15 with the gunsavvy guys upgrading to the M19. I chose to carry a tuned Colt Python. I was regaled with stories how how it wouldn't stay in time and would spit lead uncontrollably. Never happened, I shot it for years with Speer 140gr JHP without problems and in PPC competition after that.

Later when the department became a Sig department, I used to carry my Beretta 96, while trying out the .40 cartridge. once again folks harped on it's limited capacity compared to that of the issued Sig 229 and it's slide mounted safety...comments did seem to die down somewhat when I was able to demonstrate that the Beretta was at least as accurate, faster between shots and easier to reload

EddieNFL
October 9, 2010, 02:16 PM
I'm not Eddie, but I was a bit surprised by your earlier post also. Granted I only frequent 4 or 5 gun forum with any regularity, but most Kimber 1911s are held to some level of derision on all of them. Some of it is questionable (MIM) and some of it is founded (feeding issues)...but I think it pretty universal in the knowledgeable gun community.
What he said.

My dislike (hate requires too much energy) of Kimber has more to do with the attitude I've received from "customer service" reps than quality/reliability of their handguns.

Neither myself, nor any of my friends who carry them and shoot them a lot, have ever had a significant problem.

The antithesis of the, "Mine sucked so they all do," poster.

The truth lies somewhere in the middle.

9mmepiphany
October 9, 2010, 02:19 PM
When you sell several TIMES more 1911s than your nearest competitor, a high number of reported problems doesn't equal a higher RATE of problems.
That is very true.

Let me offer this. A LEA in a northern county in CA authorized the optional carry of personally owned 1911s as duty guns...after completing a training/orientation course. A large percentage (I believe the number was 30%) were Kimbers of various derivations. They experienced the most malfunctions of any manufacturer during the orientation/qualification course. Their owners switched to other manufacturers by the end of the first year in service due to problems keeping the platform in service.

Many owners will never put enough rounds through a 1911 to have problem encountered in heavy use come to the fore...which does make it somewhat more distrubing when casual users report problems. Under heavy use, even the FBI's Springfield Professional encounter problems...granted at a somewhat lower rate

steveno
October 9, 2010, 02:21 PM
go shoot trap and skeet with a Remington 870 and 18 inch barrel sometime. most of the things said aren't very nice

ironhead7544
October 9, 2010, 02:38 PM
I had a Steyr Professional rifle when they first came out. It was probably one of the first with a real matte finish and plastic stock. I caught no end of ribbing at the Border Patrol station where I worked. It wasnt walnut and bright blue. We were allowed to keep our personal firearms in our lockers in those days. It was a different story when we went to the range. The rifle would easily group into 3/4 inch at 100 with about any ammo, 30-06. Then they tried to buy it from me.
Also, I showed up at my trap & skeet club with my grandfathers M12 Winchester. He bought it around 1917. It had a long plain barrel and some washed out spots in the blue from where I had spilled some CocaCola on it as a child. You should have heard the laughs it got from the expensive trap gun owners out there. It also had a leather lace on recoil pad and they went into convulsions of laughter when they saw it. We shot a round and they werent laughing when we came off the range. I hit 24 and the closest was 23. As we walked by I said to my friends who were watching, "Missed one. Dont know how that happened."

Sky
October 9, 2010, 02:43 PM
I was carrying a 16 gauge single shot and went to a neighbors house approx 1 mile away and was maybe 9 years old.

The neighbor had a dirt go-cart track he had carved out of his 5 acre back yard and was always building go carts and stuff that moved around the track. Really a neat mechanical kinda guy.

I was really proud and protective of the 16 gauge. Mr. Bob wanted to see my gun so I handed it to him. He said wow look at this!!! The forehand gripe came off and then he removed the barrel from the lower!! I nearly freaked!! I had never seen the gun torn down and had no idea you could even take it apart!! He went through a whole tirade about what a piece of junk it was and I was lucky it hadn't blown up on me!!!

He instructed me that day on how to clean and tear down the shot gun and of all the gun stuff I experienced in my youth it stands out as a vivid memory.

daorhgih
October 9, 2010, 02:44 PM
The forum is a very large lake, and your boat is small and you obviously have no paddles. At 116 posts, you sure do have a lot to learn before making expert opinion statements, which become waves much larger than your boat. Ease off.

WoofersInc
October 9, 2010, 02:47 PM
I have had my share.

Had a gunsmith at a local store make fun of me for carrying a Kimber 1911. I was in the store to get some spare parts to have, before going off to a 4 day handgun course. Haven't been back to that store since..

Asked a clerk in a local shop if they had anything in 10mm. Was told "only an idiot would buy a gun in a dead cartridge." Haven't been back to that store either.

Won't mention the number of times my Taurus guns have been laughed at.

And of course, there is always somebody who has something to say about my Desert Eagle.

daorhgih
October 9, 2010, 03:00 PM
Took my Lonely Eagle, .30-06 with the swiss-cheese brake on it, at 18-in. breech-to-muzzle, and a 4x28 mm Leupold on it. "Whazz'at? A cut down deer rifle?" "Where's the rest of your Humvee?" Etc. First shot was followed by one "MiGawd!" and a lot of quiet. I wait until the surprised onlookers are coming nearer before rotating the breech-block and popping the casing into my hand. 100 yds off the sandbags gave 10 rounds in the 9-ring or better. I save money on targets now, shooting the four quadrants instead of just at the '"10."

mustang_steve
October 9, 2010, 03:02 PM
Good catch Bonza, I stand corrected...either way, I get some flak for liking old pistols.

I'd like to get my hands on a pre WWI M1895 Nagant, an Webley, and if possible an early colt autoloader of some flavor (but probably cannot afford it).

Correia
October 9, 2010, 03:16 PM
Once upon a time, at the dawn of the invention of 3gun, I was shooting a Century parts-built Franken-FAL. I mean, it is was butt-hideous-ugly. Nasty ugly. But that was also back in the days of cheap ammo and I was shooting 2,000 rounds a month in practice between the 3 guns.

During match setup, there was this one guy who had just got a brand new uber-gun. A really slick JP with dual optics (magnifying on top, dot on side). Beautiful rifle. (and later on I became friends with the guy). But all during setup he kept talking about how his gun was so much better that he really should be in his own class, and he berated my ugly gun (the thumbhole stock was wrapped in black electrical tape so I wouldn't cut myself on it... as much)

Then, during the match, my gun was sitting on an open case on the ground, action open, cooling from the last stage, and somebody came over not paying attention and kicked a bunch of sand right into the receiver. This is 30 seconds before I'm supposed to go to the line to shoot the big rifle burner stage.

So I'm all angry and distracted by the sand, that I shoot the stage, not thinking about shooting at all, and just thinking about how it is going to jam at any second. I turn around at the end, no jams, but still grumbling, to see everybody else there staring at me with their mouths agape. Well... turns out that I ran it clean, had the fastest time of the day, won the stage, and beat the #2 guy with the JP by a really wide margin. :D

After that I made having the ugliest/winning gun a kind of goal. I took 2nd in the state one year in "tactical rifle" shooting an iron sighted Vepr K with a stock that I made myself (and I don't know the first thing about wood work). It is literally held on with great gobs of wood glue and it has a 3 point sling made out of paracord and duct-tape. It is blatantly ugly, but it is also fun to beat the pants off of people who don't know you, and don't see that coming. :)

Mikhail Weiss
October 9, 2010, 03:17 PM
Sure. Many denigrate my Ruger P90 for being ugly, chubby, suffering awful ergonomics, offering quite possibly the worst SA trigger pull on a mainstream firearm, and, generally, being cheap, mass-produced junk.

Others denigrate my Glock for being a self-injury-accident waiting to happen, quite possibly having the worst trigger pull on a mainstream firearm and, in general, suffering horrid ergonomics and awful aesthetics.

EddieNFL
October 9, 2010, 03:36 PM
go shoot trap and skeet with a Remington 870 and 18 inch barrel sometime. most of the things said aren't very nice
Silhouette shooters hate, IPSC shooters; IPSC shooters hate High Power shooters; High Power shooters hate shotgun shooters and shotgun shooters hate everyone.

bubbaturbo
October 9, 2010, 04:12 PM
The forum is a very large lake, and your boat is small and you obviously have no paddles. At 116 posts, you sure do have a lot to learn before making expert opinion statements, which become waves much larger than your boat.

My goodness. Where did the boats, paddles, lakes, and waves come from? Wait, I bet that's a metaphor or something. :rolleyes:

And what "'expert opinion statements" are you referring to?
I only pointed out that anyone posting a picture of a customized gun on a gun forum shouldn't be surprised at comments, both pro and con, and to admit going to another forum to call somebody out about it sounds silly.

Ease off.
No.

Gryffydd
October 9, 2010, 04:26 PM
If you really want your gun to be mocked buy a Judge and tell everyone you're putting bird shot in it for self defense :D

gun addict
October 9, 2010, 04:27 PM
so saxon, you invited people on the internet, armed ones to meet you somewhere and talk (fight) you because you didnt like what they were saying about a rifle you modified from its original condition?

yeah, nice

I've gottten alot of "can that ol thing even shoot" with my Mosin, Mausers, Enfield at range from time to times and those folks usually shut up after i showed them the target

HGUNHNTR
October 9, 2010, 04:29 PM
No, but then again I don't buy garbage guns.

fastbolt
October 9, 2010, 04:45 PM
Has your gun ever been ridiculed?

Yes. It always seems to stop once the skillsets and downrange results are compared.

Of course, being on the range as an instructor usually limits the jibes to good-natured ones from other instructors, but even those seem to fade away once skillsets & shooting results are compared. ;) The remaining jibes are those offered by very good friends who I admire and respect, and I enjoy their gentle teasing.

I will admit to enjoying having someone make disparaging remarks about some gun I'm using, and then running it better, faster and more accurately than the guy making the remarks, and who usually is using some flavor-of-the-month gee-whiz gun or some expensive custom gun he probably won't ever be able to use to its capability.

The world is full of tools. Some of those tools take an inordinate and inappropriate amount of pride in the tools they own.

Big_E
October 9, 2010, 04:47 PM
My dad bashes my Mossberg 500's, then I bash his 870 Express right back.

Except we both understand both are capable tools, just different taste. I actually want to buy an older 870 soon, I just dislike the modern Express line.

ScratchnDent
October 9, 2010, 04:48 PM
Oh sure. AR guys bash my AK. AK guys bash my SKS, Clay shooters bash my Mossberg. Everybody bashes my Taurus revolver. Wunderpistol guys trash my 1911s. 1911 guys bash my SW1911. Marlin guys bash my Model 94. Model 70 guys bash my Savage.

It's all part of the fun!

herohog
October 9, 2010, 04:55 PM
Sure! I've had people laugh at my C9 HiPoint... until I out shot them with it and they were shooting a scoped .22 rifle. We were "chasing cans" and I'd kick it away before he could get a bead on it every time! Same with my $99 Norinco Tokarev. I scored 95 out of 100 on the Sheriff's qualification test when I was applying for my CHP back when they weren't "Shall Issue" here in Louisiana. Not bad considering I didn't practice one handed off hand shooting or had ever done close quarters combat shooting before then!

essayons21
October 9, 2010, 05:26 PM
One of my frequent shooting buddies is a Glock guy, I am a 1911 guy. We each spend most of our time at the range between shooting bashing each others guns.

Strange thing is, he shoots my 1911s better than me, while I shoot his Glocks better than him.

Gottahaveone
October 9, 2010, 05:32 PM
Ridiculed? No. Maybe subjected to some good natured ribbing by friends who know to expect the same when it's warranted. But just as I won't ridicule a stranger, I won't tolerate it from them either. They will quickly find themselves being invited to participate in an activity that most of them would find anatomically impossible.

The type of rude, boorish behavior that would lead someone to make fun of the possessions of a person unknown to them just gets my dander up. I guess I'm just old school Southern that way :D

smallbore
October 9, 2010, 05:33 PM
The last time someone gave me their unsolicited opinion I simply said "feel free to buy me a replacement". Works every time.

One-Time
October 9, 2010, 05:53 PM
Yup, but I generally shut 'em up promptly when I out shoot them

I really like the fudds who are shooting Magnums to kill a deer at 25yds and have a zillion power scope on their rig and are shooting 8" groups at 25 yards start trash talking my 'a-salt weopuns' that 'aint no good fer deer and innacurate' so i challenge them at the range of their choice and beat them handily as I can shoot 4-5" at 100 all day w/ irons unsupported w/o really trying and that trumps their hug as grouping always LOL

Dr.Rob
October 9, 2010, 06:00 PM
Lots of shooters used to bash my old Savage 110B until they came shooting with me. I out-shot a lot of Rugers and Remingtons and a Weatherby or two. Frequent practice was making me a better shooter. Sometimes it's not about the gear.

jahwarrior
October 9, 2010, 06:24 PM

i felt a great disturbance in the Force...as if millions of English teachers suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced.

but, to answer your question: yes, i have been ridiculed for what i carried. i've gone to the range and shot a S&W Sigma, which was my EDC gun for many years, and had my balls busted by Glock Jocks. i've shot Hi Points, Keltecs, and Tauruses (Taurii?), and guys with Kimbers, Colts, Springfields, and Rugers have made fun of me.

i generally shoot better than them.

withdrawn34
October 9, 2010, 06:34 PM
Wow, really? When I'm at the range, I mind my own darn business and so do most others. Sometimes people ask me friendly questions (especially newbies), and I'm happy to answer that. I've never had someone come up to ridicule my XD or MKIII. If they did, I'd probably give them a fake smile and tell them to go away.

Also, for those of you shooting with friends... are we talking friendly jabs or serious insults? The former isn't a big deal... just how guys do things. Be less sensitive!

rozziboy18
October 9, 2010, 06:46 PM
damn, your life is ruff j/k

rozziboy18
October 9, 2010, 06:53 PM
wow sleep for a few hours and this tread go's nuts! i just though of something, i trash glocks,not to someones face, unless they piss me off. but i own two glocks myself. maybe im a turncoat!!!!!!

Erik M
October 9, 2010, 10:50 PM
The resident Glock afficinado called me out at the water cooler because I carry a Taurus 99 in lieu of spending a few more coin and buying a Beretta.

I rag on him because he's the only person I know that claims to have had an AD as a result of a dropped 'safe-action' glock.

theotherwaldo
October 9, 2010, 11:04 PM
Only here.

Then again, I admit to owning and liking the outcasts and derelicts of the firearm community. R-Gs, Tokarevs, Hi-Points, found guns, beaters, Bubba-guns, whatever. I think that it's more challenging to shoot these clunkers than it is to shoot the shiny stuff.

Pretty and popular guns can be fun, too.

Captcurt
October 9, 2010, 11:12 PM
It was ridiculed until it outshot his Sako. TWICE!!

I had pulled my little Savage 10 Sierra out of the case when one of the know it all pros at the range declared that it was a cheap POS. According to him, if it didn't cost an arm and a leg it couldn't be trusted to even fire. I must admit that he had a nice peice of equipement. It was a Sako L61 in 7m.m. Rem Mag topped of with a Leupold 2.5X10 VariXlll. I almost bet him money but since I had not seen him shoot I thought better of it. Long story short. I shot two 3 shot groups measuring .73" and .89". He didn't have a group less than 1.25". He left before I got warmed up.;)

If I have learned anything in 50 years of shooting, it is you can't judge a gun by its pricetag or the ability of a shooter by his equipement.

brboyer
October 9, 2010, 11:59 PM
Never from anyone that has seen me shoot!

russ69
October 10, 2010, 12:38 AM
go shoot trap....with a Remington 870...most of the things said aren't very nice

I'm at a very nice trap club. I walk out to my squad and an Irish fellow says; "Lad, you need a proper trap gun". So we shoot our round. I haven't shot trap in a while so I post a 22. He shoots somewhere in the teens. As we walk off the field, I say; "Yeah it's not much of a gun but it seems to shoot OK". He just sulked and walked off the field.

Thanx, Russ

Carter
October 10, 2010, 12:40 AM
I've never been out right mocked or ridiculed, but I have been "jested" at.

My gf's brother is my usual shooting partner (lets me use his M1a and other toys :D ) and he likes to call my 9mm rounds "cute" and my SR9c a "wanna be XD". However, whenever he shoots it he makes good comments about it. He just likes to mess around. He didn't make any jokes when I was shooting quarters and pennies at 9 feet better than he was.

On here however, my choice of an XCR and Ruger handgun have been "questioned" and "put in their place" by that particular person's "superior" weapon.

1911fan
October 10, 2010, 12:50 AM
I have caught a lot of flack on the various gun forums for admitting ownership of a Llama .45 and a Charter Arms Undercover .38.

I've owned the Llama for thirteen years and have put three or four thousand rounds through it and it has NEVER had a malfunction. It shoots any hardball I feed it without a hitch.

I've had the Charter for about eight years and it goes with me to hotels and motels when I'm staying out of town. I have absolute faith in it.

I also have three store-brand long guns, two Revelations (one is a Marlin and the other is a Savage) and a J.C. Higins 30-30 (another Marlin). Good, solid guns.

Laugh if you feel the need--by the way, I also own, among other things, several Rugers, not all my guns are junkers--but my stuff all works. If it doesn't, I get rid of it.

I would rather spend a grand and get two or three guns that work than spend three grand on ONE gun. I'm just that way.

ed

cougfan
October 10, 2010, 12:56 AM
I am the proud owner of a .25acp Davis Derringer (chrome with fake pearl grips) a $70 single shot shotgun and a former owner of a Hi-Point Carbine. Yes, I have taken some crap for those guns. I used to go to a nice trap club with that crappy shotgun when I was in high school, so only my buddies made fun of it. But I bought it without ever firing a 12 gauge and didn't think I would like shotguns all that much. My Ruger LCP has been called tiny and even a girl has laughed at it. But I love guns and have lots and not all of them need to be wonderful, some are just fun.

killchain
October 10, 2010, 01:08 AM
None of my guns have been ridiculed.

Because I show people how to use them right.

cougfan
October 10, 2010, 01:25 AM
Ah yes the mocking of the Tauruses (Taurii?). I have 2 and I like them. My 85 is great, it has a little looser cylinder than my S&W or Colt, but has never ftf. My Tracker in .17 is fantastically accurate and has a crisp SA trigger. I know they started off pretty crappy in the '70s, but how fancy of a snub nosed .38 do you really need?

rozziboy18
October 10, 2010, 02:19 AM
i use to catch a lot of heat on the ar15.com forum for owning a kimber. also cault some for ruger m77 mk2. dont know why both guns are accurate,reliable,and built solid.

LoonWulf
October 10, 2010, 05:31 AM
I shot savage before they were cool lol.
I dont care what it is if it goes bang ill probobly shoot it. A number of my shooting buddies just dont understand that i DONT CARE if there guns are mechanically superior for a given task...or just in general. My currant "the hell you doin?" gun is my buckmark, not because of what it is but because i use it for 200yd bowling pins at our local range....should see how many wierd looks i got for pulling that thing out, when every one else is shooting long guns.

jaytex1969
October 10, 2010, 05:49 AM
After I stopped living out of a duffel bag and bought a house, I decided I needed a home defense weapon. I was living on beans and rice at the time and all my budget allowed was a shiny new Lorcin .380.

I must have gotten the only one they built right, as it never failed to function during the 2 years I had it. I replaced it with a Keltec P11, which also gets the evil eye from others, but, again, mine runs like a top.

SaxonPig
October 10, 2010, 03:02 PM
Bubbaturbo- One thing to TALK about someone and their property, another to ridicule, belittle and insult. Anyone with half a brain should figure this out (you on board?).

As for scaring them through the Internet, apparently I did. So roll your eyes all you want, commando.

Double Naught Spy
October 10, 2010, 03:33 PM
My guns have been ridiculed, one quite mercilessly. However, my guns have the maturity to not let such scorn affect them mentally.

As the the owner, I don't feel bad when somebody maligns my guns. I am not my gun. Insulting my guns does not have a direct effect on me.

Justin Holder
October 10, 2010, 04:18 PM
You may not like my guns, but you had better respect them. :cool:

bubbaturbo
October 10, 2010, 04:27 PM
Commando?

As for scaring them through the Internet, apparently I did.

Do you really believe that?

AZ Desertrat
October 10, 2010, 04:48 PM
all the time....I have several Glocks, and they get "put down" as "cheap, plastic guns" by a bunch of my co-workers.....I just laugh of course....

jon86
October 10, 2010, 05:01 PM
My ccw has gotten comments about why it's "only a whimpy 38 and not a 357." Gimme a break.

CHEVELLE427
October 10, 2010, 05:08 PM
took a saiga 410 to the trap field when they first cam out, got dirty looks from the bird bunch, all walked over to run me off for getting ready to shot an AK then saw it was a shotgun and walked back to there nesting place.

didn't do to bad with it either.

auto dbl tap sometimes was not good

CHEVELLE427
October 10, 2010, 05:10 PM
all the time....I have several Glocks, and they get "put down" as "cheap, plastic guns" by a bunch of my co-workers.....I just laugh of course....

wonder what will be said about the new FN 5.7, I HERE IT IS ALMOST ALL PLASTIC

ArmedBear
October 10, 2010, 06:08 PM
No. Who ridicules guns?

SaxonPig
October 10, 2010, 07:50 PM
I told them to shut up or say it to my face. They shut up. What's your conclusion?

braceyourself07
October 10, 2010, 07:53 PM
ok lets re-word this.

Haha. You know I was at the range this afternoon and a guy pulled out a pink handgun. He said it was his wife's. After some obligatory ball busting, the range officer made a comment that it would be really awful to have been a BG shot by a pink gun... you'd hope you'd die because if you survived, you'd have to live it down that you were shot by a pink gun! :D

hardworker
October 10, 2010, 07:59 PM
I've had a gun ridiculed for being a piece of junk. I'm secure enough to call a spade a spade when it comes to something being a piece of junk. I don't get offended if a friend ridicules one of my guns because it's really not that big of a deal.

sniper5
October 10, 2010, 08:03 PM
At the range once I was shooting my Ruger Mk2 and had just finished and was putting stuff away and had an old guy with a beard (in overalls, no less ) walk up and, laughing, asked if I wanted to shoot something that actually went bang (I don't to this day know what he expected to happen). He handed me his S&W revolver (.44 mag) and I said thanks and shot all 6 into one ragged hole and handed it back.

He looked surprised and the smile was gone and he said "You've shot a bit."

I said: "Here and there."

Then I thanked him again, gathered my stuff, and walked off.

It was almost like a scene out of a movie. You couldn't make stuff like this up.

CHEVELLE427
October 10, 2010, 08:21 PM
At the range once I was shooting my Ruger Mk2 and had just finished and was putting stuff away and had an old guy with a beard (in overalls, no less ) walk up and, laughing, asked if I wanted to shoot something that actually went bang (I don't to this day know what he expected to happen). He handed me his S&W revolver (.44 mag) and I said thanks and shot all 6 into one ragged hole and handed it back.

love it when they do that,

depends on what day, i would had them the DE50 and say shoot a few.

it's not that bad but has more recoil then my 629 or the 44 ultralight.

loud too

was on the rifle side once standing up and the concussion from the 50 made the guy next to me look up , he would fire another round and then i would , he would look up again then got up and put on a better head set,
gave me a dirty look but he didn't mind blasting his big gun when i was shooting the 22 next to him

cavman
October 10, 2010, 08:42 PM
I don't ridicule other's guns, as I shoot in such a specialized field, Bullseye.

I don't get a lot of chances to shoot outside of my hobby very often except when at the local range when I am training, and I jump at the chance to shoot their guns gun when offered. (I am also one who offers my guns to shoot to anyone.) Almost all pistols in my Bullseye competitions tend to be on the high end and supremely customized pieces, so that whenever I get to shoot a "layman's gun" I always jump at it. There is so much variety out there.

I am a fair shot in my circle, and when I make the "range mates", rather run-of-the-mill pistol shoot a bunch of 10's, almost always they feel better about their gun.

I like making people feel good about their guns and showing them what it can be done with it.

bubbaturbo
October 10, 2010, 08:56 PM
Believe me, I drew my conclusion after post 17. And it's still the same.

Joe Demko
October 10, 2010, 09:15 PM
Not to my face, as such. I do, however, own a couple Bushmaster AR's and I rarely see anything but derision for the brand on the web anymore, especially since the debut of The Chart. I put the carbine together in the mid-90's and the 24" rifle a few years later using nothing but Bushmaster components. I've shot the hell out of both of them in the ensuing years with nary a bobble. Sights aren't canted. Finish isn't purplish. Gas keys haven't worked themselves loose.
I also remember back in the 90's when I owned a S&W 3rd generation auto (a 4566) with which I was very happy that teh intertoobz regarded them with scorn. Glocks were all the rage at the time and the 3rd gen S&W autos just weren't kewel enough. I guess it was because Tommy Lee Jones didn't carry one in a movie. Anyway, a friend of mine had alway coveted my 4566. He went Above and Beyond the Call of Friendship during a very ugly divorce I endured and, as a gesture of thanks, I traded him my 4566 for a Glock 19. I sold or traded the Glock off pretty shortly thereafter; they don't fit me and never have. I missed that 4566 so much that I bought one on Gunbroker the other night. 3rd generation autos have apparently been rehabilitated since the 90's. Prices, while not crazy high, indicate they've held their value much better than Glocks of the same vintage.

ChCx2744
October 10, 2010, 09:37 PM
The people who have held, handled, shot and/or cleaned my guns have never trashed my guns, they mostly praise them. There were a few instances, however, the ladies would pout at the weight of my long guns. ;)

FROGO207
October 11, 2010, 12:42 AM
I excel in buying an old crow bar and making it into what is known as a sleeper. Mostly they ask "Is it safe to shoot?". I then show them that it is indeed and really accurate also.:D Gotta love those old Savages.:cool:

DasFriek
October 11, 2010, 01:22 AM
I just had it happen tonight, All i asked for was to have the gun refinished after im done rebuilding and modding it.
Hi Don, thank you for the inquiry into my company. However I am sorry I do not work on the Taurus 1911 line.
Best,
W. Kevin XXXXX

bushmaster1313
October 11, 2010, 01:32 AM
I got a good natured ribbing when I brought my Model 12 factory riot gun to the trap range for the first time. No ridicule, just fun.

Felt real good to break more targets than the guy who gave me the ribbing.

bobbo
October 11, 2010, 01:46 AM
I rip on my shooting buddy for having a plastic .22... er, an AR, and his target Kimber when he can't hit the target at 10 yards. Also for his reloads when he forgets to put powder in them.

He rips on me for my almost-stock 10/22 which jams like the band Phish.

My sister rips on both of us when she out-shoots us both with a 1930's Winchester 68 .22 single-shot.

We laugh at her when my mom picks up her gun and shoots even better

It's all circular:)

Zotter
October 11, 2010, 01:48 AM
My daily carry is a Bersa UC Pro in .45ACP.

I get a lot of 'grins', 'comments' and even had one friend try to take it away and force me to buy 1911 copy. I still have my Bersa.

Of all the pistols (dozens) I've shot, cleaned and shot again - this is by far the most reliable and accurate I've experienced. Yea, it's made me a tad defensive. But it works for me and I trust it. I also use it for USPSA runs - never had a hiccup.

ms6852
October 11, 2010, 03:10 AM
Had an old cheap winchester pump shot gun my brother had loaned me that I took to the skeet range, never new so many snobs gathered in such a place. Any way once I scored 23 with the pump in my first round it seemed they were more embarrassed to go afterwards with their high $$$ O/U's.

pockets
October 11, 2010, 08:19 AM
I honestly do not care what anyone thinks about items I buy for my own enjoyment.

clance
October 11, 2010, 10:05 AM
Several years ago, a couple co-workers and I were at the range running through some drills after training. The ridicule wasn't directed toward the pistol that I was using (Browning High Power) but the caliber which I was using (9mm). One of the co-workers was using a Colt 1911 in 45acp the other a Glock 23 in 40 S&W and of course it was a issue of bigger was better.

Needless to say after a friendly little competition, humble pie was the desert of the day for those two! :neener:

TraditionalCatholic
October 11, 2010, 01:00 PM
Sure, I have had a few Buckmark owners ridicule my Ruger Mark III. I really don't pay attention to them very much. I like my Ruger, and it does what I want it to do. They like their Buckmark, good for them, it just didn't suit me.

Arkansas Paul
October 11, 2010, 01:23 PM
I've had guys at deer camp make light of the fact that I was shooting a single shot rifle. It's a NEF Handi Rifle in .280. I never let it get to me though. Every deer I've shot with it was bang/flop. I love the singles and don't care who doesn't. When the finances allow, I want a Ruger #1. That'll really get them talking when I pay $600 or more for a single. lol

pacerdude
October 11, 2010, 03:51 PM
Yep, an employee in the gun shop that my mother almost bought a gun from made fun of the Smith and Wesson M&P 40 I had just received as a birthday present from my mom. He told us that we had wasted our money on a piece of junk and should get rid of it right then and there, and buy a Glock. We went to a gunshop down the street a couple of days later and bought two more guns. That idiot cost his shop some business.

gc70
Some twenty-somethings offered me advice about the virtues of modern semi-automatics in comparison to my Ruger Blackhawk. My son, shooting in another lane, engaged them in conversation and sang the praises of their gun as he took it apart and pointed out its design features. ... He also left the gun in pieces when he returned to his lane.

CoRoMo
I insult my guns everyday... lousy bums.

mcdonl
October 11, 2010, 03:56 PM
lol... given the guns I have you would think so, but no one has ever said anything to my face.

Ole Coot
October 11, 2010, 06:53 PM
Let's make it short and simple. I was in an upper class neighborhood in N. VA, drove over for a charity turkey shoot. Those folks got a lot of chuckles at me and the shotgun I brought, a Winchester Mod. 37 in 12 ga. If you know the gun you know who had the last laugh and it wasn't the fancy engraved over & unders that brought home the bacon.

monet61
October 11, 2010, 07:41 PM
:neener:
I own and shoot everything from a Japanese Shinbisha .22 short, to Gold Cups and everything in between. I love them all for different reasons. I can't believe that a grown up man would talk crap about another mans guns, not knowing that other mans' temperment and all.
Somebody earlier was talking about pump shotguns and clays. When I was getting my Rangemaster cert, the instructor had us doing that for a half day. I really think it makes you better, and I still do it....

hemiram
October 11, 2010, 07:56 PM
I've had several friends and others, most of them 1911 fanbois, laugh at my "junk guns" over the years. I have never had a single issue with any of the 5 Astra guns I've owned over the last 20 years or so. I've had 2 A-80's, an A-100, and an A-75, in 9mm, and a A-75 in .40. All were rock solid guns, totally reliable. Yeah, they aren't as accurate as a $1500+ 1911, but they don't have the issues many of them do/did. My one friend who has tons of money due to inheriting the family business made fun of my EAA Witness .45, until it made his Kimber that cost almost 4 times as much, look very bad. Sad thing was, it made almost all his high dollar 1911's look bad, as it ran through mag after mag, unlike the 1911's, which had feeding issues. The only 1911 that really worked 100% was an old Korean War era "rattler", that worked great, but clanked when shot. The Witness has made some people think differently about "junk guns".

Sauer Grapes
October 11, 2010, 07:56 PM
I had one make a comment about my H&R mod. 929 22 revolver. Something that inferred, why are you shooting that POS.
I told him my father left it to me, and have a lot of fun shooting it.

I've seen this guy shoot. :eek:

PR-NJ
October 11, 2010, 08:12 PM
Was at the gun counter in Cabelas a month or so ago and heard a gentleman (who obviously knew what he was talking about) comment to his wife/girlfriend that 9mm pistols were "girls' guns." Then again, his wife/girlfriend looked like she could bench press 250 pounds, so maybe he had a point.

RevolvingGarbage
October 12, 2010, 01:08 AM
My friends do take shots at my $30 revolver every so often.

RG40 .38spl
http://img810.imageshack.us/img810/1641/1003253x.jpg

It's a cheap gun, but it works for me. I may buy new guns to supplant it for defense and target shooting, but it will always have a place in my collection.

Guillermo
October 12, 2010, 01:19 AM
Smith and Wesson guys make fun of my Colts all the time. Even when they are on my hip they call them "safe queens" and claim that I do not shoot them or they would go out of time.

We all have different tastes.

I like Old Smiths and Colt double actions "revolver wise"

I like 1911s and striker fire autos as far as "bottom feeding brass chuckers".

Other folks think that I am an idiot.

That is why they make different guns.

I cannot imagine caring what someone else thinks of my gun and I cannot imagine them caring what I think of their's.

It is one of those "different strokes" things.

Love your guns.

I may disagree but will support your right to do so.

Besides, at least you are a gun guy (or gal)

Old krow
October 12, 2010, 01:42 AM

1. Yes, I used to shoot a 9mm and everyone calls them "girl guns." My typical retort is "ballistics only REALLY matter on the trigger side of the barrel. They all share a remarkable resemblance on the other side."

2. Yes, but who cares?

I honestly do not care what anyone thinks about items I buy for my own enjoyment.

I couldn't agree more. I generally don't make fun of people in the first place. I don't care much for it when it's done to me. Different when it's friends, then I jab back. I had considered at one time painting my AR in a scheme close to the "hello kitty" gun. I decided against it, although I thought that it would be fitting for an EBR, I decided not to do it. Maybe Winnie the Poo, just so my friends can be out shot by the "poo gun."

RX-178
October 12, 2010, 01:47 AM
I carry a USP 45 Tactical.

I think that /I/ get ridiculed more often than the weapon.

rozziboy18
October 12, 2010, 01:48 AM
Maybe Winnie the Poo, just so my friends can be out shot by the "poo gun."

please do this!!!i will evenbuy the paint!

Sgt_R
October 12, 2010, 02:07 AM
My Glocks tend to catch flak from the Sig guys, the HK guys, and the 1911 guys. I ignore them.

My 'tacticool' Mossberg 590 sometimes attracts attention, until someone sees me run it, then they shut up (I'm not a great shotgunner by any means, but I can run that gun).

My AR15 draws the occasional "what do you need that for?" To which I respond, "I don't need it at all, it's just for fun." Then I offer to let them shoot it, and they usually agree that it is.

R

Powerglide
October 12, 2010, 05:46 AM
Well, I've had fellers slam my ol Browning p35 but when I hit the gallon gas can at 100 paces they kinda got quiet. Also, they slammed my Super Blackhawk for the same reasons, outdated, but got extremely silent when I hit a 5 gallon gas can at 200 or so paces.They couldn't hit nothing and fired round after round from their Glocks and high dollar HK plastic guns.

briansbusa
November 24, 2011, 02:19 PM
yeah, heres one for ya rozzi you may be familiar with. i have a charter .44 bulldog, i gave it to a friend and told him i wanted gold on the trigger , hammer, and cylinder release. at least we laughed together.

orionengnr
November 24, 2011, 03:31 PM
Yet another first-time poster resurrecting a long-dead thread...
What is it with new posters that they cannot start a new conversation? :rolleyes:

230therapy
November 24, 2011, 04:01 PM
Sure. I could care less.

wojownik
November 24, 2011, 04:06 PM
(edit - didn't realize someone had resurrected a zombie thread a few posts ago. But I'll leave the post since I took the effort to type it out LOL ...)

A few years ago, me and my Bushmaster were talked down to by some self-appointed AR aficionado at the NRA range, going on about the usual stuff (not mil-spec, could have gotten more for the money, yadda-yadda). Right or wrong, it was uninvited and just plain rude. Shrugged it off, but got some interesting info despite the poor method of delivery.

Also got the obligatory comment about my Romanian WUM being the low end of the AK pyramid and how I should have gone for a Bulgarian or whatever. Again, uninvited and rude. I like my bottom feeder Romanian AK. Shrugged it off.

Last anecdote ... got an earful at an IDPA match for shooting my Sig 229 in 9mm - everyone else was shooting .40 and .45. And I don't mean good natured ribbing for not shooting a "real man's caliber." I mean derision ... actually had one guy grumbling at me that I was shooting a "light" caliber to get my scores up. Whatever dude. Gave up IDPA because of this and several other incidents. Might take it up again if I see the "crowd" has changed, or grown up.

SaxonPig
November 24, 2011, 04:49 PM
Wonder if Bubbaturbo is still around removing all doubt (as per Mark Twain)?

regularjoe
November 24, 2011, 04:52 PM
Not so much ridiculed, but it is funny. I was walking with my wife and our dogs, and saw a fellow I know, he had a friend with him. His friend looked like a junkie. I had my P-89 on my hip, and the junkie asked me "Is that a Glock, or just a regular gun?"

grubbylabs
November 24, 2011, 05:15 PM
I have a brother in law who thinks that unless you get what he has yours is junk and not worth any thing.

My 308 is completely useless for big game hunting and kicks like a mule, However his 7 mag is the ideal big game weapon/sniper rifle. What could be better right?

My 45 is worthless against every thing. But his 44 mag is the best thing ever invented.

I am sure all of you know someone like that, you know the no matter what you have theirs is always better.

Shadow 7D
November 24, 2011, 08:36 PM
No, now really, I tend to take out my Mosin that I put a VERY effective muzzle brake on (is there a way to triple up on hearing protection?)

and start shooting it
for some reason, people don't like to hang around when I shooting it, it really is a nice plinking rifle.

as for opinions, everybody has one, doesn't mean you have to use it...
I don't really like 1911, but it's more from the drama than the platform, and I LOVE early pocket and small cal pistols (esp. .32's) so... I have few of those 'crappy' Ruby pistols

ThatGuyHank
November 24, 2011, 09:07 PM
Yeah, my gp100 gets some flak about not being as "nice as a smith":rolleyes:

Then my Garand of course get's alot of comments from the Call of Duty gun expert crowd, about how it only has 8 shots compared to their much more superior AR-15s and AK-47s which hold 30 rounds of highly potent ammunition. I just smile, check my hearing protection and let her rip :evil: tends to shut them up.

bubbaturbo
November 24, 2011, 10:35 PM
You're still mad after more than a year? Wow.

Black Butte
November 24, 2011, 10:37 PM
This is so unfair. I would never say anything bad about a Hi Point just because they sucked.

FLCowboy49
November 24, 2011, 11:18 PM
Since the thread is re-opened, my Hi-point 9mm carbine gets quite a bit of negative attention..despite it being more than reliable...
another is my M&P15-22, because it's "only a .22" :cool:

Lo8080
November 24, 2011, 11:33 PM
I'm sure there are a lot of people that have cringed when I told them I have a

Taurus 45 semi auto, and that they wouldn't trust a Brazilian made gun. But

guess what? I've owned it for 11 years and shot probably 2000-3000 rounds

through it and still feeds and shoots like a champ.

jackpinesavages
November 24, 2011, 11:52 PM
Yup, My Glocks, S&W 3rd gen. 10mm, Dan Wesson .44. Some idiots seem to think their opinions NEED to be heard about everything; too big, too plastic, the grips are too big, no parts available, bad caliber choice, outdated, blah blahblah....

loonze444
November 25, 2011, 12:03 AM
20 gauge excell single shot-served well for 30 years and still worked like a champ when I sold it-caught flack from everyone who ever hunted with me. Granted- it was ugly as sin and kicked harder than any 20 gauge has a right to,but it always worked when you pulled the trigger.

mgmorden
November 25, 2011, 12:53 AM
More than once when I've taken my Pietta Remington 1858 clone to the range to shoot I've heard a few guys snickering and making "Wyatt Earp" references. Mostly from the mall ninja looking types.

Never had anything else picked on.

Texas Gun Person
November 25, 2011, 12:57 AM
I mentioned that I owned a Ruger SR9 a few weeks ago. The response I got was something like "Ruger only makes piece of **** guns. I'll never be buying one of those."

Coming from a guy who would willingly confess he owns a Jennings .22.

You don't want Rugers? Just more for me then. :neener:

HOWARD J
November 25, 2011, 01:39 AM
Many years ago I was shooting a Browning nickel plated P-35 (High Power)
9MM.
Most of the fellas at the range had 45 ACP 1911's
They asked me what that peashooter was---pretty gun with a tiny bullet.
" who would shoot a gun with such a louzzy bullet"

Well times change --don't they :neener::neener:

rondog
November 25, 2011, 02:37 AM
I very rarely ever shoot around anyone but my grandson, so can't say as I've ever been ridiculed about a gun. But when I bought my HiPoint .40 carbine I took it to a local indoor range to try it out. It was brand-new, still in the box, and I'd stopped and bought a couple boxes of ammo on the way.

The rather "butch" range officer was trying to be polite, but I could tell she really wanted to laugh in my face because I had a new HiPoint. She hung out behind me while I was setting up, because she "had heard about those guns and wanted to see how it did", but she had a smirk on her face like she was waiting for the comedy show to begin. Guess she figured this was her big chance to see a HiPoint explode in some fools face.

After I put the first box of ammo into this target, her smirk was gone and she found something else to go do and left me alone. Right out of the box, I didn't even have to fiddle with the sights, but I did put a tiny piece of masking tape on the front blade so I could see it better against the black target.

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b150/rinselman/guns/my%20High%20Points/DSCN1764.jpg

GMcBoozer
November 25, 2011, 03:02 AM
Right around when I got my Ruger P95, my buddy got a Glock 22. Needless to say he is one of those Glock and Bushmaster fanboys. Everything that isn't from one of those brands is junk in his eyes. He says I bought a "junk" pistol in a "junk" caliber. :rolleyes:

Ignition Override
November 25, 2011, 03:58 AM
Unless in light-hearted jest, only the small-minded who are unsure of their own choices have actual criticism for strangers or friends. Some gun buddies are also just interested in milsurp rifles or low-cost Makarov and Tokarev handguns.

My "guru" is a marksman who set a couple of records with the AR (he won lots of Garands as prizes), and never told me why he sold his Russian SKS, but he is too mature to make fun of other peoples' choices, including my old Ruger Minis.

What is so difficult about staying totally detached from what you own, and what you do?

Autolycus
November 25, 2011, 04:40 AM
I shoot Glock. I have a friend who loves 1911s give me crap about it. But otherwise nobody really seems to care.

Lucas_Y
November 25, 2011, 09:34 AM
I've caught flak for my RIA 1911s (no 1911 that cheap can actually function!). I've heard how junky WASRs are. Nobody in their right mind would be seen carrying a brace of "sixguns". Running a dueling tree against various "high capacity" guns quelled that discussion. I've also heard it about various Kel-Tecs over the years. Hasn't deterred me any.

They've mostly all functioned as they should, except for one of the RIAs, and a few minutes with a diamond file fixed that right up.

I've given light hearted jabs to friends about their glocks, but they all know that I love them too.

parsimonious_instead
November 25, 2011, 09:55 AM
I'm still astonished when adults make negative comments about the choices other people make in cars, guns, etc.
There's a guy at my range who has tons of money and buys guns and ammo by the carload. He's friendly and we get along, but when I mentioned the Taurus revolver I had just bought, he went on and on about how supposedly crummy they are. I'm thinking "hey, dude, I don't have the kind of dough you have."
Oh, and there was the time I got gas and had an annual inspection on my car, an entry-level BMW. After the work was done, and I picked it up, the mechanic said, "my friend in the shop told me he doesn't like your car. He doesn't like German cars." I was so surprised that I just looked at the guy... I wasn't expecting to hear something so juvenile from mechanics that were right around my age at the time (early 30s). It felt like Third Grade at the cafeteria and a kid would say something like, "my friend here doesn't like your lunchbox"
C'mon... the old expression still holds true, "if you don't have something nice to say, don't say anything at all."

Ranger30-06
November 25, 2011, 10:25 AM
There's a guy at my range that is there almost every Sunday who literally is hated by everyone that's there. Here is his typical range schedule:

Pull up and start unpacking all of the guns. All twenty some of them.
Go over to the range master and quite loudly start talking about "the new toy" this week and how much it cost him.
Go down to "his" 3 benches at the 50 yard range and light off 10 or 15 (legal limit here is 15) rounds as fast as he can pull the trigger.
While waiting for the next cease fire he gets right up behind all the other shooters, asks them what type of gun they have while they are shooting and openly criticizes them while they are still shooting!
Heads down to check out his target, which is peppered with maybe 6 or 7 hits, which he then tells us would be fine if he was in a war because you only need one hit from his gun to "put the guy down." Now not to get personal here, but the guy is very, very well on the "hefty" side of the fitness spectrum, and he was shooting a PS90 (5.7x28mm) during this particular time where I was the unlucky one to be criticized for having an "outdated" '03 that I was testing a new scope on.
Go back and repeat. :banghead:

I had another guy call my Saiga .308 a "spray from the hip" gun that couldn't hit a thing. I just chuckled as I put two magazines into a 3" square at 100 yards while his 4 digit AR jammed after every shot. He got pretty upset when I told him 3 .308 hits in a 3 MOA group beats a jamming .223.

Moral of the story(s)? Don't ever make fun of a guy with a cheap gun, because he can probably afford more ammo to practice than you.

Plastikosmd
November 25, 2011, 10:45 AM
I must be at the wrong ranges or maybe the right ones. Maybe they are just not complaining to my face. It never occurred to me to make fun of someones guns. I guess if a friend showed up with something pink, maybe? Tho I probably would have assumed he was sighting it in for his wife/ gf or it was some sort of ' support breast cancer' gun

PowerG
November 25, 2011, 11:21 AM
I bought a 7mm-08 and one of my occasional hunting partners at the time (who considers the .300 Win. Mag marginal for whitetails, largely because he can't shoot worth a flip) said "Be careful, you might put somebody's eye out with that thing."

hardluk1
November 25, 2011, 11:37 AM
Caught cr*p from s&w guys over my DW revolvers years ago, till they shot them.
Caught it from other CC guys over a carry'n a taurus 85 and then pf-9.
And last caughting it from other AR guys over buy'n S&W M&P15 - it most be junk.
Got ta admit it is my only S&W.
Gun snobs s*ck

mgregg85
November 25, 2011, 11:51 AM
Got into a nice debate with Caleb from gun nuts media. He posted about the Kriss pistol and I said that I'd much rather take a PLR-16 being that it is about the same size but fires a much more powerful round and is about 1/3rd the price. He quickly trashed kel-tec, saying that they have no quality control. I brought up the fact that KRISS has been having some QC issues of their own, not to mention design flaws. He didn't like that...

outdoorsman1
November 25, 2011, 11:56 AM
My "Fun" gun which has it's purpose and has given me no problems, but yet gets bashed in person and online is of course.... My Taurus Judge (6.5" barrel), Most in person go the "stuipd gun for self defense" route, until I tell them that I do not use it for self defense, that I carry my full size XD 40 (.40 Cal.) or my Sub Compact Glock 27 (.40 Cal.) for self defense... That usually shuts them up..

Outdoorsman1

Zach S
November 25, 2011, 12:03 PM
A lot of folks have given me grief about mt $800 AMT Hardballer. I cant figure it out, they think its a nice, custom built, .22lr 1911, until they hear its an AMT...

Yeah, it was a piece of crap, but it was also my first pistol. Used as a parts gun for a while (needed the grip bushings for something, the sear pin, hammer pin, etc).

A few years ago I decided to rebuild it into a dedicated .22lr. All I had at the time was the frame, trigger, and mag release. So I went to the 'smith, got some take-off parts, ordered new parts for what he didnt have in the parts bin, and left it with him to rebuild the frame.

Before I dropped the frame off, I was looking for a conversion kit, and all of them were backordered. I went from wanting to buy [this kit] to wanting the first one I found, a fixed sight Ceiner. Which, oddly enough, was in stock when he called to tell me my frame was finished.

It shot high when I first got it, so I had to file the rear sight down. Buy the time it was shooting POA the notch was only about .050" deep.

Different lot of ammo, and POI was high again. So I dropped it off at the 'smith again for a hidden BoMar, and he had a used rear sight. I picked it up before he had a chance to shoot it, and it shot a little high with the bottom sight bottomed out... So I dropped it off again with a Novak blank front sight (.295" tall) that I shaped to my preference.

So I have a good bit of money invested in my polished turd. But I still own the pistol I learned to shoot with, and my little girl will learn with it too. I never go to the range without it, and I'm not stingy, so a lot of other folks, both children and adults, have enjoyed it as well.

I paid $200 for it ten years ago, and spent $600 having it completely rebuilt. So, I have a custom built 1911 that I only have $800 in... Not too bad in IMO.

http://i699.photobucket.com/albums/vv360/zephyr351c/DSCN1058.jpg
(note: this pic was taken before the new front sight was installed)

Redneck with a 40
November 25, 2011, 12:25 PM
My Mini-14 gets flack all the time because its not an AR.:rolleyes: My Mini shoot's 1.5" groups with my handloads, at 100 yards and is reliable as a rock. They can keep their AR's.

By the way, soldier's in Iraq were required to clean their AR's three times a day, whether or not they fired them.

Ignition Override
November 25, 2011, 02:14 PM
Redneck with a 40:

A (coworker) veteran of Desert Storm with Special Forces told me that "Our guns jammed, so we picked up AKs".
Maybe that is connected to why the regular units were required to clean so often?

That coworker is based up in Detroit, and local coworkers who are his friends can provide me his phone number if any of his claims are in doubt.

9mmforMe
November 25, 2011, 02:24 PM
I have owned some pretty expensive guns and some not so. After buying and selling quite a few I have found that the Ruger P95 fits my hand very well, is ambidextrous, thus accomodating my left-handedness, and just functions like a warrior.

I have never been openly ridiculed for my P and have a hard time imagining anyone with any decency doing so. Now if its a friend giving me some grief, then its all quite fine. Anyone who would make fun of another shooter's gun needs to go back to the sandbox and learn a few precious lessons not gained. I would never deride anyone's gun, its just not part of my character or even tangential thought processes.

mg.mikael
November 25, 2011, 02:30 PM
"my friend in the shop told me he doesn't like your car. He doesn't like German cars." I was so surprised that I just looked at the guy... I wasn't expecting to hear something so juvenile from mechanics that were right around my age at the time (early 30s). It felt like Third Grade at the cafeteria and a kid would say something like, "my friend here doesn't like your lunchbox"

I think he was more commenting on the fact that German cars like Mercedes and BMW are more complex under the hood not to mention parts cost alot more, thus the mechanic was stating the fact he doesn't like German cars since their a pain in the a** to fix.

bottom shelf
November 25, 2011, 02:47 PM
Wow! Here's a thread from the past.

Yes! I have had a gun I was holding ridiculed, and I couldn't believe where and by whom.

I was attending a 3 day training program on basic pistol. The class was on a Friday, Saturday and Sunday. On the Wednesday before, I bought a Springfield XDm-40. Didn't get a chance to get to the range with it, barely had time to clean the shipping oil out of it and put shooting oil on it, then left on Thursday morning for the 600 mile trip to the training school. I had been planning to use a Beretta FS96 that weekend, with a Colt 1911 on standby in case of hardware trouble with the Beretta. At the last minute I decided to take the new XDm, and have the Beretta and Colt ready in case of trouble with the XDm. On the first day of training, one of the first exercises was to allow students to feel their trigger reset. Student dry fires, and holds trigger back while instructor manually cycles slide (while student continues to hold gun). Then student pays attention to trigger reset as he... well, resets it. 10 or 12 reps and instructor moves to next student.

While I was doing the drill, as one of the instructors was cycling my slide, he mumbled kind of under his breath "these are terrible weapons". I wasn't sure I heard him right, but by the end of the second day, after getting to know all the instructors a little bit, I was able to add enough context to be sure that I had indeed heard him correctly.

The gun fired 1800 rounds that weekend with no failures of any kind. And that was with no break-in what-so-ever. I can't imagine what that instructors experience must have been to give him that opinion of the XDm.

Roverboy
November 25, 2011, 04:44 PM
The guns I have are what I bought cheap, traded for or researched and bought new.. I could give a rat's behind what people think about my guns.

mljdeckard
November 25, 2011, 05:23 PM
Not directly. I did buy a gun because of the hype that turned out to be a mistake. (A S&W Sigma.)

But really.....do you have nothing better to do than mock others' choices? This is why America is beautiful, we can all make all the bad decisions we want to. As long as the guns aren't unsafe, it's not my problem.

If you see a guy with a beat up, sporterized milsurp out on the trail hunting, mock him if you want to. You may get a demonstration that he carries it because he can run that old gun better than you will ever run ANY gun. (My departed grandfather with his iron-sighted 1917 comes to mind.)

Show me a guy who snickers at people's guns at the range, and I'll show you a guy who doesn't know jack about his own gun, and bought it based on third party hype.

gatesbox
November 25, 2011, 05:48 PM
Sometimes my bros give me flack for my hello kitty AK, mom made me the stock coozy.
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-a6qVolWVToI/TdZmUfvFyCI/AAAAAAAAAd4/5kv1Wrrnhlw/s1600/hk47.jpg

303tom
November 25, 2011, 07:42 PM
I shoot with the local LEO`s every so often & I get my Milsurps ridiculed every time, until I out shoot their high-dollar guns.

parsimonious_instead
November 25, 2011, 07:52 PM
I think he was more commenting on the fact that German cars like Mercedes and BMW are more complex under the hood not to mention parts cost alot more, thus the mechanic was stating the fact he doesn't like German cars since their a pain in the a** to fix.

Sorry, I disagree, since I was the one he was talking to. You weren't around to hear the guy's tone. Besides, it was just an emissions inspection.

FIVETWOSEVEN
November 25, 2011, 08:01 PM
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_4ARg5lIAbLs/TISBOaQxbrI/AAAAAAAAAA8/d89Nm_oawg4/s1600/ak47.jpg

Thought that Hello Kitty AK looked familar. By the way, that view of the other side of the handguard shows the gas take down lever on the left side. They are only on the right side.

12gaugeTim
November 26, 2011, 10:14 AM
Thought that Hello Kitty AK looked familar. By the way, that view of the other side of the handguard shows the gas take down lever on the left side. They are only on the right side.
I'm pretty sure he was joking. The hello kitty AK is clearly photoshopped.

beatledog7
November 26, 2011, 10:27 AM
You won't ever be tempted to worry about anyone dissing whatever it is you're shooting if you're shooting it well.

There's a great little poem by Myra B. Welch which I'm sure is in the public domain: Here's part of it:

THE TOUCH OF THE MASTER'S HAND

'Twas battered and scarred, and the auctioneer
Thought it was scarcely worth his while
To waste much time on the old violin
But held it up with a smile.
"What am I bidden, good folks," he cried,
"Who'll start the bidding for me?
"A dollar, a dollar," then, two! Only two?
"Two dollars,and who'll make it three?"
"Three dollars, once, three dollars, twice;
Going for three..." But no,
From the room, far back, a grey-haired man
Came forward and picked up the bow;
Then, wiping the dust from the old violin,
And tightening the loose strings,
He played a melody pure and sweet
As a caroling angel sings.

The music ceased, and the auctioneer,
With a voice that was quiet and low,
Said:"What am I bid for the old violin?"
And he held it up with the bow.
"A thousand dollars, and who'll make it two?
"Two thousand! And who'll make it three?"
Three thousand, once, three thousand, twice;
And going and gone," said he.
The people cheered, but some of them cried,
"We do not quite understand
What changes its worth?" Swift came the reply:
"The touch of the master's hand."

Learn how to use your tools well. Practice a lot.

Produce top quality results every time, and nobody will criticize your tools.

P5 Guy
November 26, 2011, 03:02 PM
I'm not picking at the Hunting crowd but they have picked at me.
A bunch of guys shooting scoped bolt action rifles with me in the middle with a Remington 1903A3. During a cease fire I heard a couple of guys wondering if I was hitting the berm. Seeing as I didn't have a scope and was shooting at a target 300 yards out.
I took a chance the next round of shooting on a clean target. Ten rounds of M2 ball, iron sights and resting on bags. I got a group just shy of five inches. When I brought the target back I left it sit by my rifle case and waited to hear any other comments. The only one was "Well it is a Remington".

IBEWBULL
November 26, 2011, 03:15 PM
No I have not.
Oh dang it , I guess I have.
A long time ago someone commented on a stainless 640 I had.
"That shiny is going to reflect a lot and will be too easily seen."
My reply was the loud bang and flash would draw attention too. It ain't coming out for no reason and if it is out , it will be used.
It could be the crowd I associate with.
Everyone has an opinion and a reason to buy or carry a specific piece.
I have not run into anyone packing PINK yet. I hope I don't laugh too loudly. A snicker is going to be there no matter what.

gatesbox
November 26, 2011, 03:41 PM
Yep! But I like the concept, perhaps Red Jacket will make one for me!

In all seriousness, I don't understand any criticism of functional firearms. Seems like someone posted in this thread a $40 buck pistol..... That is a great find in my book... Every platform has it's fans and I respect them all....

In my tool box I have cheap but functional tools and I have quality high dollar tools, they all have their purpose.

I'm pretty sure he was joking. The hello kitty AK is clearly photoshopped.

CZguy
November 26, 2011, 04:04 PM
I'm not picking at the Hunting crowd but they have picked at me.
A bunch of guys shooting scoped bolt action rifles with me in the middle with a Remington 1903A3. During a cease fire I heard a couple of guys wondering if I was hitting the berm. Seeing as I didn't have a scope and was shooting at a target 300 yards out.
I took a chance the next round of shooting on a clean target. Ten rounds of M2 ball, iron sights and resting on bags. I got a group just shy of five inches. When I brought the target back I left it sit by my rifle case and waited to hear any other comments. The only one was "Well it is a Remington".

I run into this sometimes also. I prefer iron sights, enen though I do own a couple of scoped rifles somewhere in the back of the safe.

We all have our preferences, but one of the keys to happiness in life, is to only share them when you are asked. ;)

Buck Kramer
November 26, 2011, 04:11 PM
1) I carry a .380 daily i.e. "no stopping power" "you'd be better off throwing stones"

2) I prefer AK-74's to AR-15's i.e. com-block junk or russian boat anchors

3) I am in love with my XD 9mm service, and they don't have quite the following as the M&P or the glock lines but I don't hate on them why all the hate on me???

CZguy
November 27, 2011, 12:47 AM
3) I am in love with my XD 9mm service, and they don't have quite the following as the M&P or the glock lines but I don't hate on them why all the hate on me???

I feel your pain. I'm one of the twelve Americans who like the Styer M series.

huskybiker
November 27, 2011, 08:19 PM
Ha.... I own (and regularly carry) the following: Rossi 462, Tauras 85UL & PT945, and a PF-9(among others.) I think every one of them has been discounted at one time or another. I, however, like all of them and shoot them as well as my "better" guns, so I just smile and say, "ok".

Fishslayer
November 28, 2011, 01:52 AM
No, and if I did it wouldn't bother me. Anybody who would badmouth a man's gun, dog or woman isn't anybody I'd pay attention to anyway, nor care to be around in the first place.

Ribbing & banter is another story. It is permissable to poke at fanboiz re their choice of weapons or reloading equipment or what have ya.

Women & dogs are still off limits tho...

CZguy
November 28, 2011, 03:16 AM
No, and if I did it wouldn't bother me. Anybody who would badmouth a man's gun, dog or woman isn't anybody I'd pay attention to anyway, nor care to be around in the first place.

Ribbing & banter is another story. It is permissable to poke at fanboiz re their choice of weapons or reloading equipment or what have ya.

Women & dogs are still off limits tho...

Well said. I agree.

CollinLeon
November 28, 2011, 03:47 AM
I've had guys raz me about one of the handguns that I bought right before the Brady Bill went into effect -- a TEC-9. I bought it for the sole reason of it being banned since I figured I would be able to sell it later for more than I paid for it plus I just didn't like any stinkin' leftists telling me what I could or could not own. I've probably only put 3 mags through it (i.e. 150 rounds) and I didn't experience any jams, so I guess it's reliable enough. Totally impractical, of course... It just sits in the back of my safe...

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-8-ZFANG54cw/R2cweZASCkI/AAAAAAAACVM/07wcaSDFOAQ/s720/tec-9.jpg

CollinLeon
November 28, 2011, 04:38 AM
Yet another first-time poster resurrecting a long-dead thread...
What is it with new posters that they cannot start a new conversation? :rolleyes:
Because they find the thread while searching for something else and feel that it's a good place to reply instead of creating a brand new thread? I'm not going to fault them for it since I hate seeing tons of threads all about the same thing.

NoirFan
November 28, 2011, 05:31 AM
Nope, never. The range is for shooting, not talking.

As a new shooter I did have my "American" brand ammo criticized once by an old salt, but he was right about that. That stuff really is absolute trash.

CAOxInfinity
November 28, 2011, 05:55 AM
Guys at the trap range give me crap for bringing my saiga 12, even tho i out shoot them. I know its all in good fun

Sent from my Incredible 2 using Tapatalk

usnmars
November 28, 2011, 09:08 AM
I've had some tacti-**** black rifle guys laugh at me when I had a 1903 springfield and a M1D and M1C Garand at the range. It was pretty much "dude those things still shoot, wow. That takes balls to shoot an antique POS like that it's gonna blow up in your face." I then proceeded to explain to them that they are extremely accurate, reliable and safe. Then they were questioning the accuracy of old guns because according to them only new guns are accurate. I then clover leafed with the 1903, and shot about a inch and a half grooup with the the Garands. They were schooled that the old stuff is accurate and fun and has history. I guess some people dont appreciate classics.

I had one time a guy laughing at me shooting an M39 Mosin. He was in the club that only expensive guns are accurate. After shooting a Sub MOA group he quickly shut up.

threoh8
November 28, 2011, 11:43 AM
At a local reduced range High Power Rifle matches, I usually shot a bolt action match rifle, or my DCM M1. One match I decided to try out the wife's SKS instead.

A friend and Vietnam veteran wandered over to check it out. Someone asked what he thought of SKS's. He said, "Well, everyone I ever saw carrying one was dead." We had a good laugh at that.

BTW, It shot well for an SKS, and was in my opinion a decent carbine.

allaroundhunter
November 28, 2011, 12:04 PM
Well, my Doublestar AR has been called "a cheap imitation of a legendary bushmaster" by a RO once.....

supersappersix
November 28, 2011, 06:18 PM
I have debated about posting about my ridiculed pistol. As my wife bought this pistol for me on my return from my last deployment. It is from a brand that I personally have never had nor witnessed an issue such has been aired in many of the topics on this forum arena. I have used it twice to dispatch injured animals,( I live on a family farm.) with the desired results. I have shot it with various loads and found downrange performance satisfactorily within the expected parameters. I just wish all the "Judge" detractractors would stop pickin on my pistol.

cleardiddion
November 28, 2011, 07:52 PM
Hrm, my Mosins can't hit anything! Or so they tell me until I start hitting clay pigeons at 200 yards. That shuts them up kinda quick.

Or the guys told me down at the Volusia county skeet and trap that I can't get a good score with my 200 dollar mossberg and that I need to invest at least 600 into an entry level Remmy 1100. Whoops, shot a 23 on my first round, my bad.

I apparantly am not allowed to hit targets with my PA-63, only name brand stuff like Berettas and Glocks have permission. Saints preserve us! Some diabolical force allowed me to shoot out the center at 15yds!

Actually the Mosin one was kinda a funny incident. What ended up happening was that I was out shooting in the grasslands where a lot of people tend to head to to shoot. Set out about half a box of clays along the berm and was popping them with a little work. Up comes a guy with an all tacticoolhunterdanned 7mm Mag with a scope probably the size of a small child who proceeds to ask if he can shoot with me. With a little bit of an attitude mind you.
Well, I felt a challenge coming on and was looking to pack up soon anyways so I told him sure. For me the next few shots went along the lines of: hit, hit, hit, so and so forth.
For the other guy: Boom, miss, boom, miss, !@#@@!ing rifle!

I got a bit of a laugh out of that one.

crossrhodes
November 28, 2011, 08:21 PM
You want to experience a good round of bashing. Jump over to one of the AR15 forums and tell them you like your Bushmaster, Les B. Stag, or M&P15. They will tell you how you face certain death when the zombies attack for owning one of the above. Oh yeah for kicks tell them you use steel cased ammo. I love USNMARS response. A lot of these younger shooters need to go read Hatcher's Note Book and then read some history about some of the famous riflemen and snipers during WWI and WWII, even Vietnam when they were using off the shelf scopes and making GOOD 1000 yard hits. The young crowd is a product of their environment and it's all point & click now a days. They are lost without their BORS or GPS and hand held weather stations.

allaroundhunter
November 28, 2011, 09:01 PM
The young crowd is a product of their environment and it's all point & click now a days

It's not all of us....When I'm out hunting I actually use the mil-dots in the scope and math in my head to calculate range, no rangefinder. (And by young I mean that I am under 21)

Husker_Fan
November 28, 2011, 10:16 PM
I took a defensive carbine class once. It was a great class, and I brought my M1 carbine. Everyone else was shooting ARs. On the way to the range for the live fire part of the class, one of the other students derided my M1 with a homemade three point sling. I was foolish enough to respond, "we'll have to see on the range." I thanked God that I shot much better than the other student that day.

crossrhodes
November 29, 2011, 12:07 AM
Good job with the mil dot and glad to hear your using them.

CZguy
November 29, 2011, 12:37 AM
It's not all of us....When I'm out hunting I actually use the mil-dots in the scope and math in my head to calculate range, no rangefinder. (And by young I mean that I am under 21)

Thanks for posting that. You give me hope for the future. :)

allaroundhunter
November 29, 2011, 12:49 AM
Thanks for posting that. You give me hope for the future.

I guess I'm just a young guy that prefers old fashioned ways ;) but it does make me feel like I did more work when the hunt is over, and I like that feeling

Tominator
November 29, 2011, 12:59 AM
I sometimes carry a .22 short Beretta 950BS semi auto on the ankle as a backup. I have related to those who scoff: Ever know someone who got shot with that who said, "Whew! I thought you shot me with a .22 LR!". Pffft. They're just as shot.

Tominator
November 29, 2011, 01:07 AM
@supersappersix: Wecome home. No one laughs at my 6.5" 45/410 Judge after a few silhouette showings from any distance. It's gonna leave a mark. .45 LC's are a hoot!

Trent
November 29, 2011, 02:57 AM
I used to shoot a Ruger P95DC in IPSC minor. Got lots of snide remarks about shooting a crap gun in competitions, by guys with tricked out quick draw rigs. I used to place on top a lot too. :)

You get a few tens-of-thousands of rounds out of a gun, you learn to use it very, very well.

I don't care what gun it is -- when you've shot a weapon enough that it feels like a part of you when you pick it up, it's a good weapon. :)

liist
November 29, 2011, 03:04 AM
After reading quite a bit of this thread, I know not to mess with people with cheap shotguns when my Beretta AL 391 Teknys comes in.

On the other hand, I hope to smoke some Perazzi shooters in competitions.

Dulvarian
November 29, 2011, 09:57 AM
A man with a cheap tool that has spent the time to use it, learn about it, and become proficient with it will normally outperform someone that bought a very expensive tool. While the cost of the tool doesn't directly equal performance, those that have the money and the time to gain proficiency with the very best tools tend to see a bit of a performance edge over those with experience and less precise tools.

Many of us never get close enough to the end of the proficiency curve to actually benefit on a regular basis from that .1% precision increase. Well, all of that has been spoken as if I push that curve. I've worked up on it several times, then injury set me back. I can also normally just watch a shooter and how they handle the firearm to determine how well they will shoot. Someone that is smooth through loading, handling, acquisition, firing, and rest... probably nailed it. I have rarely been wrong on that prediction, and if you don't keep half an eye on another shooter the first time they shoot you are a braver man than I.

jad0110
November 29, 2011, 12:40 PM

Your not the only one. I'm 32, and though I don't hunt currently, if I take it up I plan to just shoot irons. In fact I don't own a single scope, except the one that came with my Gamo break barrel air rifle, which I don't use. Looking through a scope tends to make me nauseous for some reason.

I've never understood the gun bashing thing. Will I post here on THR that one should be more careful when buying a particular brand, due to a higher percentage of defects than other competing makes? Sure. But it is never intended to be derisive or insulting.

I love guns in general. I've got an M-1 Carbine and a pair of ARs sitting right next to each other in my safe. They've not started a war with each other, and I love them all the same for differing reasons. Same for my S&W 6 shooters and my hi cap CZ-75.

Though I wouldn't call it ridicule per se, I have gotten ribbed twich for carrying an "old man", "out dated" low cap revolver. They weren't being rude, more dumbfounded I suppose. One of these times I was at a range, and any ribbing stopped once I produced a ragged one hole group at 7 yards with my 2" S&W Model 15.

Rail Driver
November 29, 2011, 12:42 PM
I used to own a Hi-Point C9, 'nuff said. :what:

Contrary to popular belief, it was surprisingly accurate, and very sturdy.
The gun never malfunctioned on me.

Pyro
November 29, 2011, 12:54 PM
I carry a .25.
Nobody has said a thing about it (except the armchair commandos of course), even my NRA instructor when I qualified for basic pistol with it. He told me to get some hollow points for it, I'll stick with ball. Point a .25 at someone and they won't tease you about how small it is.

f4t9r
November 29, 2011, 06:07 PM
someone somewhere always has something bad to say about any gun. bought a kimber and was told it was junk, bought a rock island it was junk too.
Go with what you know and don't worry about everyone else

TNboy
November 29, 2011, 11:17 PM
I never understood this. I have never fired a gun that I didn't enjoy, I just enjoyed some more than others. For me I'm, not going to cheap out on my EDC, mine are not cheap guns but I know they will work. I have guns that are just shooters that I don't carry, some aren't reliable but they are still fun to mess with. Of course my buddies and I like to give each other all kinds of crap about any gun but we're just playing. If you don't like a gun you don't have to own it, but no sense in downing those that like it.

Clipper
November 30, 2011, 05:57 AM
There was some initial disparagement about my wife's Phoenix .22, until I used it to drop the 7 yard target by shooting (offhand) the thumbtacks through the backboard...

smalls
November 30, 2011, 10:46 AM
Got a couple of odd looks at the range when I drew and fired my sigma, until they saw the nice tight groups on the paper at 7 yards, then the clover leafs during slow fire. :)

indiandave
November 30, 2011, 10:57 AM
I was shooting my SAA at an indoor range. Someone asked if my horse was tied up out front. I laughed out loud.

Ranger30-06
November 30, 2011, 11:00 AM
I was shooting my SAA at an indoor range. Someone asked if my horse was tied up out front. I laughed out loud.
That's actually really funny... :D

VBVAGUY
November 30, 2011, 11:23 AM
Yes all the time with my Taurus' and Keltec's, yet they shoot and work great. God Bless :)

BRE346
November 30, 2011, 11:58 AM
I admire all my neighbors' guns. Sometimes they admire mine. We all get along just fine.
I got to shoot a Baretta 92 once. I got to shoot an eighty-year-old Russian rifle. It makes an interesting day to see and feel what others are proud of.

roadchoad
November 30, 2011, 12:02 PM
I was at a 100yd range plinking with a .22 when a guy with a .50 ML showed up. He said, "I bet this one make a little more noise than yours," and then proceded to miss his 3'x3' cardboard 3 times in a row.

allaroundhunter
November 30, 2011, 12:18 PM
I was at a 100yd range plinking with a .22 when a guy with a .50 ML showed up. He said, "I bet this one make a little more noise than yours," and then proceded to miss his 3'x3' cardboard 3 times in a row.

Well, I bet he was right ;) He never said that he could shoot it well though :neener:

roadchoad
November 30, 2011, 12:39 PM
It was more the smarmy look on his face that led me to believe he was condescending, but in my haste I guess I left that part out. And yes, he was right. It was a LOT louder, and made a cloud of smoke that you could see from space LOL

allaroundhunter
November 30, 2011, 12:41 PM
It was more the smarmy look on his face that led me to believe he was condescending, but in my haste I guess I left that part out.

I was just kidding (kinda), I know he was trying to be condescending because of your "measly .22"....but if he would actually practice with one for a little bit that piece of cardboard of his might be in a little more danger...

zfk55
November 30, 2011, 12:46 PM
Yeah, I often hear ... "That gun is too darmed big!" or "those tracks are ruining my driveway!", or "Will you get that thing outa here? I hate the smell of diesel exhaust!"

roadchoad
November 30, 2011, 12:48 PM
Saxonpig says: As for scaring them through the Internet, apparently I did. So roll your eyes all you want, commando.

Link or it didn't happen. :neener: :evil:

roadchoad
November 30, 2011, 12:52 PM
I think the guy had just bought the scope, and expected the boresighting to get him on the bull. He moved to the 50yd range to adjust.

Same day, a guy was in a rush to sight in his .338 to go elk hunting. One shot at 25yd, adjust scope, move to 50yd, one shot at 50yd, adjust, move to 100yd, etc Not sure how that turned out, or if he got his elk.

45bthompson
March 27, 2012, 06:13 AM
I would also like to take a look at the infamous homemade stock that has caused such an uproar. I promise I won't make fun of you. After all I only have about a hundred posts so I wouldn't want to make big waves for my little boat.

tech30528
March 27, 2012, 07:36 AM
I have a JA-22 in my truck. K?

Bought this little gem a couple of years ago because

1) It works
2) It was cheap
3) My Glock doesn't really fit in the center console.

Think about it. If you ever really have to use it, your gun is going in an evidence locker somewhere. Which one would you prefer it was? Your $500 really nice one or your $79 pawn store pick? I don't see myself having a shootout with a team of rangers so much as encountering a meth head at the bank night drop.

45_auto
March 27, 2012, 07:56 AM
What I find amazing about this thread is how you guys with the cheap guns are always the best shots and out-shoot the guys with the "nice" guns.

Imagine how well you could shoot if you had a GOOD gun! I bet you would all be world internet champions or something! :rolleyes:

If any of you are ever around southern Louisiana, PM me and we'll do a couple of the local matches. My experience in competition has been that the top shooters have the top equipment.

If you're not up to shooting a formal competition, we can always just go out to the range and shoot a few targets. Then we'll post pics of them on here so everyone can see just how well your cheap gun does against a "nice" gun. ;)

tech30528
March 27, 2012, 08:03 AM
Yes, it's amazing how many "tack drivers" you hear about but never see on the range. Or how many ARs you see on the range with $500 worth of accessories hanging off of them that jam on the first magazine. I think my favorite post so far has been the one about the 300 pound guy practicing barrel rolls though.

The Sarge
March 27, 2012, 10:26 AM
Sure. I get funny looks and smirks when folks find out I carry a CZ 82 daily. "A lil bitty Makarov round wont stop anybody". I hear it all the time.

BWilly1995
March 27, 2012, 12:11 PM
I get rediculed all the time for my Ruger 10/22,I drilled holes in the stock and screwed some picatiny rails so I can mounts a fore-grip and a flashlight for night. It works for me perfectly but you know how people are behind computers screens...

Driftertank
March 27, 2012, 12:12 PM
I've seen all kinds. I'll give my friends who shoot Glocks a little ribbing once in a while, but i freely admit it's largely because:
1. Glocks don't feel good or point naturally in MY hands,
2. I had a bad experience with a Glock and a cheap aftermarket mag,
3. My handgun of choice is a 1911, which i think makes me legally obligated to express disdain towards polymer guns in general, and Glocks in particular, regardless of my actual personal opinion of them. :P

I've got a friend with a NAA .22 which is a source of good-humored fun to everyone at the range. Another has a Hi-Point .45, which i was annoyed to find was as reliable as it was hideous. But we're all po' folk, and we don't take ourselves so seriously as to be offended over firearm of choice. Just as long as it works.

I personally find that my guns tend to inspire envy rather than ridicule among those i meet, though. I admire the beauty of functionality, and am willing to save up patiently to buy what i want. And i take care of my guns.

HoosierQ
March 27, 2012, 12:18 PM
21 years ago, the fellas were not real fond of my Gen-2 Glock. Caught a bit of a ribbing that day. The police were still carrying steel revolvers at the time.

pockets
March 27, 2012, 12:39 PM
Why certainly. Some of the guns I own get ridiculed on THR all the time.
No biggie, I can't recall ever buying a gun simply to impress total strangers on the internet.

MoMatt
March 27, 2012, 12:44 PM
I have a Ruger P-95 and bought 1,000 rounds from a company that sells reloads. Had failure after failure and called the ammo company.

He asked what kind of gun I had and without saying it directly told me I should get something besides a Ruger. "You just don't see them at matches... I have never been a fan of them... nobody has trouble with our ammo..."

I have since solved my problems with the gun; it was mostly a grip issue and I think a "stiff" recoil spring since the gun was new, and it didn't like light 115g rounds.

I don't care what anyone says... I'm sticking with that P95! :cool:

fromthehills
March 27, 2012, 12:54 PM
I had an ole, deaf, bullseye champ give me crap for my tuned Kimber, because it wouldn't feed his reloads that looked like they were handmade by some third world rebel faction.

ApacheCoTodd
March 27, 2012, 01:11 PM
Probably more mocked than ridiculed for my Looong slide. Things like: "What're ya trying to make up for?" or "Can't hit anything with a real 1911?".

Tipro
March 27, 2012, 01:40 PM
People look at me strange when I bring my 10/22 to a 25 yard indoor range. I've had 2 people, a Ccw instructor and an owner of a gun shop, tell me I should sell my kel tec p11 and get a real gun. I don't get wjt people love to hate that gun.

au01st
March 27, 2012, 01:56 PM
Had a guy at the range one time move stations because he was afraid my Hi-Point would explode and injure him. Asked if he wanted to go shot-for-shot against his fancy new XD since I saw him having trouble hitting the paper at 10 yards. He declined.

I've been told my Bushmaster Carbon 15 would crack and break and blow up in my face. That never happened either...

headoftheholler
March 27, 2012, 02:11 PM
Believe it or not the gun shop that 6 friends and I had bought 9 or so mosins from ridiculed us everytime for buying surplus junk. This was coming from the guy we were handing the money to! Needless to say we no longer do business there.

25cschaefer
March 27, 2012, 02:31 PM
I went into a large sporting goods store and asked if the magazine pouch for glock mags on a particular shoulder rig would fit those of my HK. The "salesman" (wearing a Glock polo and Glock hat) asked,"Why would you buy that?"
"Because I have an HK USP."
"That's what I'm asking, why would you ever buy an HK?"
I dropped the holster on the ground and walked away.

johned
March 27, 2012, 03:46 PM
My CZ 52 is the ugliest pistol in captivity. It shoots like a rifle and with store bought I "plink" gallon milk jugs at 100 yards. 50% hit. "Laugh all you want", I said. They also complain that the 52 is too loud to shoot at a public range but the Range Master asked "you guys do understand that you are on a firing line and that this is a high noise environment, right? One guy left and the rest gave some more room...it is terribly loud. I always get a "*** is that thing", said with a pained expression, at least once per range visit.

jeepnik
March 27, 2012, 07:10 PM
I've had a few folks bad mouth my AMT .45 Backup as being unreliable and inaccurate. Funny how none were willing to stand 25yds down range. Especially after I put a couple of magazines into a standard silhouette at that distance.

ApacheCoTodd
March 27, 2012, 08:10 PM
I've had a few folks bad mouth my AMT .45 Backup as being unreliable and inaccurate. Funny how none were willing to stand 25yds down range. Especially after I put a couple of magazines into a standard silhouette at that distance.
I get that too and knowing the troubles with some of them straight outa the factory, mine's well polished and massaged in all the right places and since then not one malfunction at all, never-ever regardless of ammo but I stick with Hydra-shoks, wasted or not. Mine's converted not a few of my friends who have gone on to get one as their primary CCW.
So, in short, I'll take the ridicule, ribbing and down right bass-asstardness of the hoy-paloy and happily tumble along with the tumblin' AMTs.
Don't even get me started on the whip-crack retorts which accompanied my pulling out a Charter Arms Target (really?) Bulldog .44 for years as my carry.

Sauer Grapes
March 27, 2012, 09:38 PM
I own a taurus, of course it gets trashed all the time! LOL {only on the interweb} Nobody has ever said anything to my face. Not that I'd care.

Suburban Redneck
March 28, 2012, 08:57 PM
I once overheard some guy knocking my Colt HBAR AR15, he was telling his friend "it's a girly-gun".
He was shooting some serious scoped hunting rifle (really big booms!!).
After that comment, and a few others aimed at other people's rifles, I realized that his rifle must be the best ever made (in his opinion anyway).
OK, so this is where the A-hole in me came out, I just couldn't listen to the guy anymore.
I zoomed in on his target (100yrds) and realized his groups were about 3-4", and high and right. I couldn't resist the urge to put 5 shots in his bulls-eye (kind of to show him where it was).. so I did. :evil:
A few minutes later after the line was called, we went down-range to change targets, and at about 10yrds from his target I heard "Mr. Big Mouth" cursing "Somebody was shooting my target!" His buddy pointed out the size of the holes, he looked over and never said another word.
I cleaned up my targets and left. :cool:

tnelson31
March 28, 2012, 11:01 PM
Love it! I have a 8 3/8 revolver and like the sight radius. In nickel. I like to pretend I am Dirty Harry. So, is the ridicule deserved?

45_auto
March 29, 2012, 08:29 AM
Yes, your ridicule is well deserved. Harry Callahan carried a blued model 29. No way he would even think about carrying a nickel pimp gun!

If you're going to stay with the nickel finish, you need to dress like and pretend to be Pee Wee Herman.

bikerdoc
March 29, 2012, 09:05 AM
Guys, advice here from an old guy who went to high school with Moses.

I got high end and what others perciece to be low end guns. They all work, no safe queens. I like them, repeat I like them, So when someone comments on your choice use my reply.

" When you pay my bills you can have an opinion, until then nice talking to ya."

45_auto
March 29, 2012, 11:18 AM
Nobody on this forum pays your bills, but we still have an opinion. Why are you talking to us?

sugarmaker
March 29, 2012, 12:03 PM
My first ever sihoulette match. They took my money and laughed at the 4" bone stock 629. Y'otta weld another few inches to that gun...It's your first match, some pretty good shooters here, that gun's not gonna help...

Later in the match - C'mon!, we gotta beat this guy!..

I won. And got hooked at the same time.

CZguy
March 29, 2012, 12:47 PM
Nobody on this forum pays your bills, but we still have an opinion. Why are you talking to us?

I think that you missed his point.

GAF
March 29, 2012, 12:54 PM
Never ridicule another persons firearm . It may be all they can afford.

One day while while shooting my CZ 75B at a local sand pit along comes a guy
with a 9mm hi point and ask it we could take turns shooting. I say that would be just fine. So after a few mags each I load a mag and ask the guy if he would like to shoot my 75B and he say sure. After shooting he say I wish I had not shot your gun because now I do not like my hi point all that much.

Swami
March 29, 2012, 04:58 PM
If you look hard enough you can find anything you own ridiculed somewhere on the internet. In person it's different, but there lies the line of internet anonymity.

MilsurpShooter
March 29, 2012, 09:12 PM
My 1926 Mosin with PU scope mount is ridiculed all the time at the long range matches I've begun going too. Managed to place 25th out of 100 at a 650 yard best of 5 shots competition though that shut up a few of them :P

armedwalleye
March 29, 2012, 09:29 PM
Had a guy once at the next table over at the range with a new Remmy bolt giving me a rash one time....Antique...old school....outdated lever action...throwback....inaccurate. That last one did it. Asked if he had any interest in a friendly wager. Suggested $10 a shot. He offered best of 10 at $10 a shot. Called a rangemaster over for an objective set of eyeballs. Walked away with somebody else's C-note. Maybe I shoould've told him I roll my own for that gun and she'll turn under an inch in a friendly wind....Then again, maybe not. The rangemaster was impressed, but this guy was speechless.

sawdeanz
March 29, 2012, 09:50 PM
Awesome stories. I wish I had some to share. I guess I'm more the opposite, when I tell people I got a CZ they look at me like I just bought the most exotic high class gun (not that it isn't nice) but I guess they don't realize that the P07 is actually very reasonable at just a bit over $400. CZ is just not very common around where I live apparently. Course I'm not quite the shot as most here and wouldn't be foolish enough to try and prove as much.

Hot brass
March 29, 2012, 11:13 PM
Carry instructor laughed at my 1911. Told me I would get killed carrying a 1911, but not if I carried a Glock. :o

jeepnik
March 29, 2012, 11:18 PM
Had a guy once at the next table over at the range with a new Remmy bolt giving me a rash one time....Antique...old school....outdated lever action...throwback....inaccurate. That last one did it. Asked if he had any interest in a friendly wager. Suggested $10 a shot. He offered best of 10 at $10 a shot. Called a rangemaster over for an objective set of eyeballs. Walked away with somebody else's C-note. Maybe I shoould've told him I roll my own for that gun and she'll turn under an inch in a friendly wind....Then again, maybe not. The rangemaster was impressed, but this guy was speechless.

Years ago at the old Southcoast gun club in Irvine, I used to make money from folks that thought a fixed sighted 1911 couldn't hit anything at 100yds. I sure hope none of those fellows reads this.;) I'd then proceed to hit a 100 yd gong usually five or six times out of a magazine.

What I never told anyone was that there was a rock on the berm "above" the gong. If I held on that, CLANG. Folks just shouldn't bet against people they don't know.

Thanks for the beer guys.

Ragnar Danneskjold
March 30, 2012, 03:38 PM
Yes. The first (and last) time I went to a particular DNR shooting range in Michigan, I got scoffed at and looked down upon by three elderly "gentlemen" for having an AR-15. I was there to zero it since it was the closest range at the time that allowed rifles, and I wanted to zero at a known range. Well apparently shooting a non-hunting gun at that range is a big social no-no, doubly so if you're under 50 and not part of the old boys club.

"What the hell you planning on hunting with that?" "what, did ya come out here to play soldier?"

All after I had only uncased it. Hadn't shot one round yet, or talked to them at all. They took it upon themselves to approach me with their comments.

Dnaltrop
March 30, 2012, 04:26 PM
I've never been openly ridiculed for a gun...

Foks tend to use good manners when around people who look like they'll shout "Fee Fie Foe Fum" and grind their bones to make my bread.

Polite inquiries here and there... Yes.

The AR-7 gets the mix of Bond-film folks who recognize it, and the Gun-knowledgeable folks who've had ones that they never fed high velocity rounds to, thus never having it function properly on the weaker stuff. I can almost shoot it as well as a Scoped .22.

The Old Man's High point Carbine with the $7 radioshack laser flashlight strapped to the end... I'm already making fun of myself, all qualified at the end with "but holy hell, it sure shoots!"

If someone "offends" my sense of style, taste, worth, accuracy etc... I just keep my yap shut and smile, I know my tastes are particular, but I don't mandate what other people like or afford.

If they're just offensive, Out comes the box of.45 colt handloads. It really can end as many conversations as it starts. :evil:

CZguy
March 30, 2012, 05:02 PM
The AR-7 gets the mix of Bond-film folks who recognize it, and the Gun-knowledgeable folks who've had ones that they never fed high velocity rounds to, thus never having it function properly on the weaker stuff. I can almost shoot it as well as a Scoped .22.

I had a Henry AR7 that ran perfectly with CCI Mini Mags, but it was so light weight that I could not steady it down for it's intended use. Luckily I have a CZ M6 survival rifle that works well for a survival (hiking during squirrel season) gun.

The Old Man's High point Carbine with the $7 radioshack laser flashlight strapped to the end... I'm already making fun of myself, all qualified at the end with "but holy hell, it sure shoots!"

Wow..........I think that one is worth a photo.

Jim NE
March 30, 2012, 06:49 PM
I think the Navy has the right idea: They train their officers and NCO's to "praise in public, criticize in private."

That sounds like the proper approach. My (brand new) Sigma S&W failed on me during my CCW class. The instructor criticized the gun, but not in front of any other class members, as I recall. Still, he didn't strike me as someone who coped well with adversity.

Tangent
March 30, 2012, 07:17 PM
Don't know. Don't care.

Kaeto
March 30, 2012, 07:34 PM
I've been ridiculed when I was shooting my Enfield No 4 Mk 1, and my Webley Mk VI because they were "obsolete calibers".

justin 561
March 30, 2012, 07:38 PM
Was at a range in Ft. lauderdale, FL when some jokers were talking bad about my Yugo SKS to each other, I ignored them and started watching them shoot their nice Colt AR with a trijicon acog. Joker 1 loaded a 30 rounder and proceeded to fire it off at a target 30 yards out. Once the line went cold I walked out to check how I did @ 50 yards and glanced over on the walk out to see his target had a grand total of 5 shots in it.. Got back to the line waiting for it to go hot and quiped at him, "So hows that shoot" (with a grin ofcourse)

PR-NJ
March 30, 2012, 08:17 PM
At the Cabela's gun counter a few weeks back, I overheard a firearms expert inform his wife that 9mm's were "girlie guns." (He was easy to overhear -- he was speaking loudly so everyone would know he was a firearms expert.) If any of you sissies want to unload your girlie 9mm HKs, PM me and I'll help you out.

If you enjoyed reading about "Has your gun ever been ridiculed? let's hear it" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!