New SW 620

PDA

Old krow
October 9, 2010, 06:34 PM
Now that I have I have 2 questions. The gun is primarily used for hunting, plinking, and HD. I have only been out to the range with it once so far, but it shoots very well. The grips are a pain though. Can anyone recommend a grip, preferably rubber? Or least, who makes quality grips for revolvers?

My second question is about the sights. I'd like to change them out to night sights. Is there anything that I need to look for or anything that I need to avoid?

If you enjoyed reading about "New SW 620" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
ArchAngelCD
October 9, 2010, 07:32 PM
You have a great revolver there in the M620. As for rubber grips, I'm a big fan of Pachmayr Grips (http://www.pachmayr.com/revolver-grips.php). The ones I like for the L frame are the Pachmayr Gripper Grips (http://catalog.riflecases.com/catalog/product.asp?ret_id=140094&pid=3899).

Chuck Perry
October 9, 2010, 09:13 PM
Hogues and Pachmayrs are both great. For wood, I prefer Ahrends.

On sights, have you considered fiber optics? I run a fiber optic front sight and standard rear on both my N frames. I carry these guns for work and have used both to qualify on night shoots. Shooting with a flashlight, I've never felt a need for the night sights. I suppose they'd be ok in pitch black without a light source, but then what the heck are you shooting at? Just a thought. A fiber front sight will run you less than $50, the nights sights around a $100.

Old krow
October 9, 2010, 11:01 PM
On sights, have you considered fiber optics?

Yes I have considered them. In fact, I lumped them in with "night sights" and probably erroneously. Sub "night" with "low vis conditions."

Ahrends are beautiful and I'll end up getting a pair sooner or later for one gun or another.

I suppose they'd be ok in pitch black without a light source, but then what the heck are you shooting at?

Whatever got by the mastiffs guarding the door. :(

If you enjoyed reading about "New SW 620" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!