Igman ammunition?

PDA

SteelyDan
December 16, 2003, 12:14 AM
I'm feeling a little like Rip Van Winkle here. A month ago I'd never heard of Igman ammo. Then I must have fallen asleep. Now, everywhere I turn they're featuring Igman ammo. I thinks it's Bosnian. It's sometimes referred to as the "worlds best." Somehow, I don't think so. Nonetheless, I'm curious. Anyone have any experience with, or know anything more about, this ammo?

If you enjoyed reading about "Igman ammunition?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
clubsoda22
December 16, 2003, 12:24 AM
never heared of it.

Bill Hook
December 16, 2003, 01:05 AM
I've heard people complain about it, I believe in 6.5x55. I'm not sure about other calibers. Some ammo sucks in certain calibers, while other ammo (Olympic) seems to be crap in ALL calibers.

December 16, 2003, 01:36 AM
I took a four day "practical rifle" course about a year ago. Two students in the class shot bolt action .308 hunting rifles and used Igman ammo. They did fine. I don't think the ammo hampered their performance in any way. We fired about 800 rounds in the class.

Oleg Volk
December 16, 2003, 02:21 AM
Their 223 worked fine for me.

clubsoda22
December 16, 2003, 02:25 AM
while other ammo (Olympic) seems to be crap in ALL calibers

Dunno about that. My buddy bought a 1000rd case of olympic 9mm off of ammoman.com. He's been happy with it. We wen't through 300 rds one day at the range and it functioned flawlessly.

50 Shooter
December 16, 2003, 09:32 AM
Better clean your rifle like it was corrosive ammo, they say it's not but the FCSA had the .50 BMG stuff tested and it came back mildly corrosive.

On the plus side, it took 10 days for it to show but it did show.

If you enjoyed reading about "Igman ammunition?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!