Shotgun shell holders/speedloaders

PDA

TeamPrecisionIT
October 10, 2010, 06:46 PM
Hello everyone,

Today while shooting 3-gun I had a little bit of a gear bobble. I am using the choate shellholders/speedloaders or whatever they are called. To clarify, they are the block shaped carriers which hold your shells oriented correctly so that you can much more efficiently then from a pocket.

Now, back to my issue. What happened today was that in the running and gunning portions, my shells kept falling out onto the ground due to how little these things hold them in.

So I either want to replace them or modify them. What do you guys suggest? And where would I be able to get them. They seem pretty hard to come by.

Thank you,

Damian

If you enjoyed reading about "Shotgun shell holders/speedloaders" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Hoser
October 10, 2010, 08:25 PM
Mark Otto makes a version of these that wont allow the rounds to bounce out. Kind of his take on the progressive machine and tool strippers.

www.3gunstuff.com

GMHAYESUSN
October 10, 2010, 08:59 PM
Might have to order a few of those.....they dont look to bad for a static guard duty option

SDC
October 12, 2010, 12:45 PM
A simple fix for this is simply a strip of that foam material they sell to insulate your pipes (to stop them from freezing in the winter, not that you southern folk have to deal with that); cut a strip and glue it to one side of the carrier, so it stops the shells from jiggling out of the carrier during movement, but they're still easy to strip out with one hand. HTH.

Red Cent
October 13, 2010, 01:53 PM
I have these. A leaf spring sets in one side of the carrier and holds the rounds under light tension.

http://www.tacticalshotgunner.com/california-comp-rnd-speed-stripper-p-232.html?osCsid=e56c3b326ce8874bc890e2e35bb307df

sidibear
October 21, 2010, 11:01 AM
I use the stripper caddys from Midway, have a spring coil at the top to stop the shells bouncing out. Does not interfere with pulling the rounds out.

http://www.midwayusa.com/viewproduct/?productnumber=915043

If you enjoyed reading about "Shotgun shell holders/speedloaders" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!