Do you think the ATF forgot to send my C&R?

PDA

TheOtherOne
December 16, 2003, 02:56 AM
It's been just over a month since I originally sent in my paperwork and today they sent me the C&R Firearms List booklet. There's no license or paperwork or anything else with it. In fact, the envelope isn't even something I would have expected as being from the .gov. ATF return address is just stamped awkwardly in the corner and my name/address was even handwritten.

I'm probaby just being impatient here but am still wondering if anyone else that has recently sent in for a C&R has received the list but no license?

If you enjoyed reading about "Do you think the ATF forgot to send my C&R?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Sydwaiz
December 16, 2003, 03:16 AM
Wait until 6 weeks have passed and then give them a call. I think it was 6 weeks in which they have to accept or deny your application and then let you know. I could be wrong on the time limit. When I applied, I waited the prescribed amount of time whatever it was then called. I could never get through to the right person and finally had to leave a voice message on their answering service. Once you get in contact with someone, they will send it right out. It seems they need to be reminded often.

rayra
December 16, 2003, 05:09 AM
There's another C&R -related post floating around here that related the documents & license are sent separately, at different times, so offhand I'd say nothing to be concerned about yet.

(the rest if for the general audience)

I myself just opened the web-requested C&R licensing documents I filed for just a couple days ago. The package included a legal-size two-part (non-carbonized) 'Application for License (Collector of Curios and Relics)' Form ATF F 7 CR; a Certification of Compliance with 18 U.S.C. Form ATF F 5330.20 (Certifying to Citizenship); and a single sheet notice of a pending change of addy for submittal of FFL / FEL applications (effective July 1, new addy is 'ATF, POBox 409567, Atlanta, GA 30384-9567')

That's it. Other than basic directions on the back of the form, not other information is provided with them.

Jack19
December 16, 2003, 08:34 AM
I got my booklet and other stuff just before my license. Don't worry, it's on the way.

Trebor
December 16, 2003, 08:42 AM
If you've received your info packet, consider that a sign that they have processed your application and your license is on the way. You may wait anywhere from two more weeks up to about a month before your actual license arrives. Don't sweat it.

Btw, don't panic if you receive a second, or a third, complete info packet. I finally got three. Two that arrived before my license did and one that arrived after. They were all the same. So much for my $30 contribution to the government. I think the postage was more than that.

Greg L
December 16, 2003, 09:59 AM
As others mentioned you get your booklets first. Usually the license arrives within a day or two.

Greg

RAY WOODROW 3RD
December 16, 2003, 06:14 PM
:eek:No...............They are just trying to figure out how they will raid your place.:eek:

JUST KIDDING!

Give it some more time as others have stated. The wheels turn slow my friend.

Tropical Z
December 16, 2003, 06:40 PM
?
I just received my forms to fill out and got 2 ATF F 5330.20,and 2 ATF F 7CR's.Im not sure why i received two of each,but now all i have to do is fill em out and get the police or sheriff to sign off on the 7CR and send it in?

Blain
December 16, 2003, 07:49 PM
I waited 6 months, and got no word, so I decided to call up....took a few weeks just to get a hold of someone! They gave me the old run around until I demanded that I get this straightened out.

Anyway, the girl claims that I forgot to sign the second part of the C&R application (yeah right) and informs me that I can jsut fax over that page with my signature on it.....yeah.....nice of her to let me know NOW! I should have been informed about this months ago, they cashed my check after all.

I wonder how much longer it will take.

One thing is for certain, this is the last "permission" I ever ask to purchase what is a right.

Amish_Bill
December 16, 2003, 09:47 PM
Tropical --

For a type 3 C&R (form 7 cr) you do not have to get the sherrif's sign-off. You need to provide the Sherrif a copy and affirm to the ATF that you've provided the Sherrif a copy.

(at least that's the way I recall it)

Chipperman
December 16, 2003, 10:55 PM
The only reason for the Chief to get a copy, is so that S/He has an opportunity to tell ATF how much of a menace to society you are. If the Chief takes no action, then you are good to go.

TheOtherOne
December 17, 2003, 06:37 AM
No...............They are just trying to figure out how they will raid your place.I thought that white van with the darkened windows parked down the street looked pretty suspicious when I walked out to pick up the mail. :D

michiganfan
December 17, 2003, 09:45 AM
Ditto what Jack 19 said. got the book and about a week later got the license

Steel
December 17, 2003, 10:58 AM
What kind of paperwork and money is involved in getting a C&R license

Tropical Z
December 17, 2003, 11:19 AM
OK,i think i figured it out.Apparently all i have to do is check the box that says im sending a copy to my local LEO and who the chief is and where he or she is.Steel,check the search function as a week or so ago there was a thread that had the web address of where you could get the ATF to send you the required forms.This is what i did.

TheOtherOne
December 17, 2003, 07:51 PM
What kind of paperwork and money is involved in getting a C&R licenseTwo forms and $30. Below is a link to the guide I followed. Steps 1 to 9 on the first post walk you right through it all.

http://pub176.ezboard.com/fcurioandrelicfirearmsforumfrm23.showMessage?topicID=3.topic

MeekandMild
December 17, 2003, 11:53 PM
If you get a C&R does that mean they can show up at 3 AM to inspect your premises any time they want?

Amish_Bill
December 17, 2003, 11:58 PM
No. Onsite inspections are for commercial licenses.

Even commercial concerns who are subject to physical inspections (as best I recall) should only expect an agent to show up out of the blue during working hours.

rayra
December 18, 2003, 01:42 AM
MeekandMild
If you get a C&R does that mean they can show up at 3 AM to inspect your premises any time they want?
wow. so many ways to misread that. care to explain what you meant?
eh, Nevermind.

If you enjoyed reading about "Do you think the ATF forgot to send my C&R?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!