Pimp guns Project?

PDA

TexasGunbie
October 11, 2010, 06:53 PM
I am bored and I thought maybe I buy a beatup gun and turn it into a pimp gun.

Here is what I want to know, if I spray paint a gun gold... will it look plain ugly?

I am thinking of putting in glass beads for the sights... just stick on diamond looking...

which gun should I do this project on?

If you enjoyed reading about "Pimp guns Project?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
essayons21
October 11, 2010, 07:01 PM
Why not take a beat-up gun and restore it to a good-looking working condition. Krylon and Alumahyde are just as easy as gold spray paint, and most beaters just need a little TLC.

Any beat up old (but not antique or collectible) lever action would be a good candidate.

Apuuli
October 11, 2010, 07:12 PM
"Here is what I want to know, if I spray paint a gun gold... will it look plain ugly?"

Yes. Isn't that the point?

Tilos
October 11, 2010, 07:22 PM
Just buy a Raven...done

cleardiddion
October 11, 2010, 07:57 PM
Paint it red.
Science says it send projectiles 30% faster that way.

TexasGunbie
October 11, 2010, 08:02 PM
So it seems not many people ever tried a pimp gun project...

I was wanting to know what's a good platform to start with. I want a handgun pimp gun... so wasn't thinking about lever action rifles. Any suggestions?

dogtown tom
October 11, 2010, 08:18 PM
Try asking a pimp.

I'm not too sure anyone at THR really cares.:rolleyes:

Magoo
October 11, 2010, 08:21 PM
What beater gun(s) do you have laying around to play with? The more real estate, the more pimpn' you can do. I'm sure we could all have fun giving suggestions. And a bit of levity in this place wouldn't be such a bad thing.

If painting it red makes it send projectiles 30% faster, a flame job would have to bump that up to at least 40% faster :).

I like the notion of stick on diamonds on the sights for some bling. Very classy.

I'd like to see some faux fur trim as well (purple- maybe pink), though I can't imagine where you'd glue it on.

kingpin008
October 11, 2010, 08:27 PM
Dogtown Tom pretty much nailed it - I think most of us would rather restore an old beat up gun rather than "pimp it out". There are enough junky, eyesore firearms out there, imho - no reason to willfully make another one.

Guillermo
October 11, 2010, 08:31 PM
I have never known anyone who wanted a "pimp gun"

Perhaps if you emulate the gun of Auric Goldfinger.http://www.imfdb.org/images/c/c9/Frobe1.jpg

HGUNHNTR
If you do proceed with the project, make sure not to post pictures, I just ate.

Nematocyst
Had to look up "pimp gun".

Found this definition on Urban Dictionary.
(Otherwise, we're talking past one another.)

This what you got in mind?

A Pimp Gun is: 1. Any gun that has a high polish chrome, nickle, stainless or gold finish particularly with pearl or other flashy grips. It could also be a glossy black gangster gun (Mac10 Mac11 or UZI) with gold plated parts. 2. Alternatively, any cheap chrome pistol made by Lorcin, Jiminez, or Jennings, generally worth less than $100.

Tilos
October 11, 2010, 08:32 PM
Do you even know what a Raven is ??

millertyme
October 11, 2010, 08:47 PM
It would have to be some inordinately gaudy to begin with. Something that has legendary status, but only to the least informed of all people. Hopefully I'm not offending any pimps out there. Think of something that you've heard would kill a man dead with one shot no question. That's where you'd begin. Then start adding the accessories like crushed velvet grip panels, colored glass sights and jewel studded buttons and screws. I'm getting a picture of it now...

Forget the "let's get an old beater and fix'er up" jive. Go get a chromed out Jennings and get to work. I want to see what you come up with. Remember, if you jack up the finish you can get that self-adhesive chrome and gold foil to dress her up.

alohachris
October 11, 2010, 08:51 PM
Just buy a Raven...done

Winner!

Big_E
October 11, 2010, 08:53 PM
Yo dawgs, u be lucky dat I be uppin' pics of ma favrit gat.

http://img823.imageshack.us/img823/9008/pimplorcin.jpg (http://img823.imageshack.us/i/pimplorcin.jpg/)

Courtesy of a certain CA county's firearms evidence room.

I also want a gun that is brightly polished but not some junk like a Raven, Jennings, Lorcin, etc...

I was looking at a Taurus 1911 in .38 Super with either a nickel finish or highly polished stainless, maybe some gold accents and some Virgin de Guadalupe grips too! But this is far down on my list of firearms to buy. Really just want a .38 Super and a conversation piece.

Wonder9
October 11, 2010, 08:56 PM
It has to be a pistol. So, you can pimp hold it right (right angle that is).

c919
October 11, 2010, 08:57 PM
Here is what I want to know, if I spray paint a gun gold... will it look plain ugly?

No, it'll look great. :D

Seriously though, I wouldn't paint the thing.

nelsonal
October 11, 2010, 09:06 PM
You can electroplate parts using this process (I have no idea how much the bottles cost).
http://www.youtube.com/user/MidwayUSA#p/u/11/CMZNVApYz1U
Something like a desert eagle, AK pistol, or one of the cheapie .25s would be excellent source guns.

DoubleTapDrew
October 11, 2010, 09:46 PM
Stay away from spray paint if you want it shiny. I made the mistake of getting some "chrome" spray paint to touch up a chrome step on an old stepside pickup that had a rust spot. It was gray, but that was about it.
Some of the firearm coatings like duracoat may have something better but if you want maximum bling I think you'll need to plate it.

howlnmad
October 11, 2010, 10:06 PM
Magoo,
I think you're right, pink faux fur grips would look sharp.

He could always strip it down and have it powder coated in gold.

Clifford
October 11, 2010, 11:20 PM
If you want a pimp gun go to Taurus's website. They have some "highend" models of most of their guns. You can see all of the nickeled, chromed, fake ivory and gold plated pimp guns you care to see. It's almost funny to see some of the peices that people will buy.

Dookie
October 11, 2010, 11:30 PM
Why not take a beat-up gun and restore it to a good-looking working condition. Krylon and Alumahyde are just as easy as gold spray paint, and most beaters just need a little TLC.

Any beat up old (but not antique or collectible) lever action would be a good candidate.
Me thinks someone missed the point of the post :neener:

Just do whatever Flyguy would do.

http://www.afishytale.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/goldfish-shoes-20091011.jpg

Big_E
October 11, 2010, 11:58 PM
^^
You had to post the goldfish platform shoes! Haha I forgot about those.

Seriously just go to Taurus' website and look at the "Special Edition" models. But after looking at how easy it is to electroplate parts off of the MidwayUSA video, it might be fun just to buy a beater and fix it up.

Oh an skip the pink fur grips, its all about leopard skin!

Sgt_R
October 12, 2010, 12:15 AM
Start with this:

http://www.taurususa.com/images/imagesMain/25NGR.jpg (http://www.taurususa.com/product-details.cfm?id=184&category=Pistol&toggle=&breadcrumbseries=)

Wrap the grip panels in this:

http://i.ebayimg.com/21/!B2Qp7OQCWk~$(KGrHqMOKm4E)6t92wdMBMhvVKw9uw~~_35.JPG (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=180558322302&hlp=false&rvr_id=152275264994&crlp=1_263602_304652&UA=WXI8&GUID=e4fbac5e1220a04372a60676fff6e1e9&itemid=180558322302&ff4=263602_304652)

And finish select parts, such as the barrel and slide, in #58 Lavender DuraCoat:

http://www.lauerweaponry.com/images/dcr_58.jpg (http://www.lauerweaponry.com/item-detail-colorchoice.cfm?category=230&colorchoice=dcr_58.jpg&colortype=electric)

That's what I'd probably do, anyway.

R

gbw
October 12, 2010, 12:16 AM
Don't listen to these snobs. If you like it, go for it. Jeff Cooper had a gold plated 1911, IIRC. I've seen no end of guns heavily engraved, polished, with gold or ivory inlaid reliefs of dogs or dates or dead amimals or such, mirror finished wood. Very very very costly guns, including those owned by the mega tough-guys widely admired on forums like this. The only difference between them and what you propose is taste, that most ephemeral of criteria. Somehow nobody sneers at them the way some of these narrow minded self-righteous patriots are sneering at your idea.

Find a good quality beater and have at it. You may surprise yourself and expand their horizons a little.

rozziboy18
October 12, 2010, 12:24 AM
oh for the love of god! please do a high point, chrome, with sandblast flames and hang a set of pearl grips on it!!!! dont forget to post pics!

personaly im into restoring but pimping? that soundsfun too1

LHRGunslinger
October 12, 2010, 12:25 AM
It HAS to be a Desert Eagle in .50 AE. Titanium Gold Tiger stripes. Slap some purple fuzzy grips on it and you're done.

Magnum Research Custom Finish page:
http://www.magnumresearch.com/CustomFinishes.asp

EDIT: Or do what Rozzi said. That'd be EPIC.

TexasGunbie
October 12, 2010, 10:40 AM
So the verdict seems like a pocket pistol, DON'T spray paint it. Wrap the grip in panther spots. Add fake diamond beads on the sight. Get some purple color on somewhere of the gun. I think that will do for my first pimp gun.

Guillermo
October 12, 2010, 10:49 AM
don't forget the right sights

http://www.thegunzone.com/glock/images/nyte-sytes.jpg

TexasGunbie
October 12, 2010, 10:54 AM
What are fair prices for these jenning pistols?

FriedRice
October 12, 2010, 03:21 PM
I'm not looking for a "pimp" gun but I do have the highly controversial "project" gun I'm working on with my gunsmith. I won't post pics or no one will talk to me again. I started with a red box nicely priced Sig P220 45. When it's done, it will be blingy, loud and obnoxious to most. However, it will make me happy so that's what counts. Go for it.

Russ Jackson
October 12, 2010, 03:29 PM
I think a Kimber Custon II would look quite pimp with brush gold mag release, extended slide, and safties. The Brush Gold would look good on the Matte Finish....Russ

I think I will do it.

Taniwha
October 12, 2010, 06:48 PM
Ok, Dude, hows this?
1) Clear Lexan Grips showing the inner workings and the skeletonized mags, sorry, CLIPS.
2) Silvered slide with gold inlay/engraving or Gold slide with silver Inlay/engraving
3)Purple Barrel. You know, so when you rack it or fire it you get a flash of Pimp Purple.
4) also Purple Grip Srews & bushings, Mag catch, Hammer, Safety & Slide stop
5) Shiniest Black Enamel you can possibly get on the reciever and any other bits I`ve forgotten.
Man that'd look dope yo!

Sgt_R
October 12, 2010, 07:18 PM
I wonder if you could custom fab some clear grips with $1 bills inside (or $100 bills, if you were really serious about the 'benjamins').

Also, the mag release would be a pimpin' place to set a fake diamond, yo.

R

SmokeyNY
October 12, 2010, 07:44 PM
Dollar signs or "Hustler" on the grips in rhinestones. You may need to find a custom lilac colored ostrich skin holster for this when you are done.

TNboy
October 12, 2010, 08:16 PM
Why not? Sounds like a cheap fun project! I say +1 on the Desert Eagle! Also would consider the Jimmenez, Lorcin, Jennings, Cobra, etc. I wouldn't worry about it being reliable, this has to be a coffee table piece.

writerinmo
October 12, 2010, 08:56 PM
I "almost" powdercoated the slide of a Hi Point DOT neon orange, figured if I dropped it in the woods I might be able to find it a lot easier...

JustA19D
October 12, 2010, 09:07 PM
it has to be a pistol. So, you can pimp hold it right (right angle that is).

thats the kill shot!!!!

jbh13
October 12, 2010, 09:19 PM
The revolver from I'm gonna get you sucka! It will never run out of ammo.

Seriously, you got too much time on your hands.

Shadow 7D
October 12, 2010, 09:45 PM
Can't go wrong with a 'bling' paint job and some rhinestones, maybe you can find a Bedazler, the kids thingy that puts rhinestones on stuff, or you can just use super, er, 'pimp' glue, and remind everyone that those are "genuine Cubic Zirconium" fake diamonds.

Yeah, just make sure you don't get the metal allergy from the cheap plate jobs, and if it turns nasty green, time to get it refinished...
and to avoid the lead allergies...

Venado
October 12, 2010, 09:59 PM
Go to Wal-mart and by a flare gun. Paint it any color you want. This can be an under $50 project. Go to the craft section and buy some flashy looking little additions of some kind. If any one laughs at it, you can for sure light their fire. I think I'll have to do that, sounds good.

TexasGunbie
October 12, 2010, 10:25 PM
This is turning out to be a fun post. I just need a cheap gun to start with lol.

fiat128
October 13, 2010, 01:18 PM
I don't know about pimps but here's how the narcos in Mexico do it :)

Shadow 7D
October 13, 2010, 06:27 PM
Oh, come now, where is the mother of pearl handled super 38 that was diamond encrusted, now that was the pimp gun.

Dimis
October 13, 2010, 07:17 PM
oh for the love of god! please do a high point, chrome, with sandblast flames and hang a set of pearl grips on it!!!! dont forget to post pics!

+1

I have a HiPoint 9mm Carbine and love it but if someone did this id crack up

Pimpin Aint Easy!

xcgates
October 13, 2010, 08:04 PM
Oh, I really can't wait to see the pics, this is gonna be hilarious.

Just one more funny story that you will be able to tell.:cool:

Creade
October 13, 2010, 08:13 PM
A client of mine just had a Purple Titanium Taurus with gold hardware that I saw.

I felt like I should go buy a flashy hat with a feather and ask to take it to the range...

Old krow
October 13, 2010, 09:06 PM
Can't forget the Nyte Sytes!

I think that will do for my first pimp gun.

You planning on making a series out this? In another thread somebody mentioned "rail mounted fuzzy dice."

If I could figure out exactly what I wanted I'd change my EBR.

millertyme
October 14, 2010, 10:08 AM
I bet you could cast a clear acrylic with some hundos inside for the grips, depending on the grip style. Fold them up a little and set them into the acrylic as it cures. I don't know how long the finish will hold up, but for the time being you could just use it as a display.

mustang_steve
October 14, 2010, 11:23 PM
PPK, in copper plate with silverplate accents, grips would be engraved silver (not german silver, real silver). Sight dots should be gemstones.

There you go....pimpgun, the key is tacky, yet unique.

Toaster
October 15, 2010, 03:16 PM
Hey! In Texas pimp guns are called BBQ Guns!

mustang_steve
October 15, 2010, 05:20 PM
I find BBQ guns are beautiful, but not outright tacky, a pimpgun should be tacky to the point of it being considered tactical design as well.....as in it has tactical purpose by making those who can see it physically ill, due to how freakin ugly it is.

Sgt_R
October 15, 2010, 06:23 PM
A pimp gun should be like the pimp himself: flashy, with style obviously chosen over substance.

It should be small and easy to conceal, but should present an obvious threat when presented. Tactical black is out, chrome, gold, and ivory are definitely in. Small calibers are preferred, most notably .22, .25, .32, and .380. Reliability and stopping power are not major concerns, as the gun will be used to intimidate, rather than injure or kill. Ideally, the pimp will never actually have to fire the gun. However, the gun should be inexpensive and fairly common, as it may need to be disposed of and replaced on a semi-regular basis. ;)

R

mustang_steve
October 15, 2010, 07:54 PM
a BBQ gun:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/1003/wizard78/Guns/KilincHandEngravedGold.jpg

a pimp gun: http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_S4vBC-4dYZs/SAwPKERZ0JI/AAAAAAAAAz8/apjii_SoC4Y/s400/red+gun.jpg

starling
November 1, 2010, 03:50 AM
Pimps prefer Glocks now so you could just buy a Glock.

If your serious the best way to start would be to buy something inexpensive IE Raven, Jennings etc. Sandblast the exterior and use a gold engine enamel type paint. Just the exterior though. Leave the internal parts of the pistol alone. If you goof it up you can easily take the paint off with paint stripper.
If you really goof it up somehow your not out a lot of $$$$.

Dont go out and buy a Hi-power or Beretta for your first project.

The Don
November 30, 2010, 11:33 AM
Starling thats Glock .40. It gots to 40 thats the realz strap! lol :)

John Wayne
November 30, 2010, 11:56 AM
Find a Hi Point.

Nickel plate the slide, "engrave" it with a Dremel, gold plate the slide release and any other small metal parts.

Cut out recesses in the side of the frame, fill them with fake pearl grips, and etch marijuana leaves into the panels.

Mount the sights on the side of the slide. If you want an ambidextrous gun, mount sights on both sides of the slide.

Hang a Wal-Mart laser from the accessory rail. See if you can fit it with one of those lens covers for laser pointers that projects an image. Dollar signs, "69,'' or pot leaves are ideal.

Find an extended magazine. Wrap the baseplate in faux leopard print material.

Drill a lanyard hole in the grip, then carry it with a gold chain attached in an alligator-hide holster with gold rivets.

Hunterdad
November 30, 2010, 04:24 PM
^^^I'm assuming you've done this before :-P

RimfireChris
December 1, 2010, 02:52 PM
That Hi-Power could be at the pimp bar-b-que. :cool:

mustang_steve
December 1, 2010, 02:57 PM
That Hi-power is factory...some Turkish company produces it.

I'm half tempted to get another Astra Cub just to pimp-gun it...get it engraved (machine engraved) and plated in black hills gold (rose/copper/yellow gold) with jewled finish trigger/hammer, nickle plate the safety, and throw come fuzzy leopard print grips on it.

Sad part, I know a lady friend who would want such a monstrosity :(

John Wayne
December 1, 2010, 05:37 PM
That "Hi Power" is a CZ. Look at the slide rails and position of the trigger if you don't believe me.

mustang_steve
December 1, 2010, 08:34 PM
John Wayne......it may be a CZ design, but it's not CZ....here's the page from the manufacturer, Sarsilmaz.

http://www.sarsilmaz.com.tr/tr/Urun/tabanca/%C3%96zel%20Yap%C4%B1m/kilinc-2000-light-islemeli-altin

If you enjoyed reading about "Pimp guns Project?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!