Smith & Wesson 22A Range Report.

PDA

stchman
October 12, 2010, 03:24 PM
Hello all.

I recently purchased a S&W 22A pistol. Cabela's had them on sale for $199 and I had $80 Cabela's cash so I said what the heck.

Took it home, read the book, disassembled it, and gave it a cleaning and lubing.

The pistol does indeed come with (2) mags contrary to what Cabela's tells you.

While I think the pistol is OK looking, it does look better than a NEOS or Mark III.

Went to my MDOC range and did some shooting. I used 36gr Centurion .22LR ammo. I think the Centurion is smelly ammo and wanted to shoot it all up. I bought a box of CCI mini mags JIC the 22A is as finicky as a teenage girl.

To my surprise it was 100% with the Centurion cr@p. The rear sight is adjustable for both windage and elevation.

After adjusting the rear sight I was able to get 4" groups @ 10 yards with this pistol. This is in stark contrast to the 2" groups I can get with 10/22 at 25 yards, but pistols are pistols and rifles are rifles.

I will try using the CCI to see if I can get better groups. I am sure it will, as Centurion is cr@ppy .22LR ammo.

After I got home take down and cleaning was a snap. The only complaint I have is with the little white plastic piece at at the end of the recoil rod. It does take a beating like others have said. I will call S&W and buy a few more for 50 cents a piece.

All in all the pistol is cheap, fun to shoot, reliable, and reasonably accurate. For what I paid for it I cannot complain.

If you enjoyed reading about "Smith & Wesson 22A Range Report." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
If you enjoyed reading about "Smith & Wesson 22A Range Report." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!