Is the M&P striker fully tensioned?

PDA

lambertiana
October 14, 2010, 03:01 PM
Is the M&P striker only partially tensioned when a round is chambered, like Glocks, or is it under full spring tension like XDs?

If you enjoyed reading about "Is the M&P striker fully tensioned?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Dodge DeBoulet
October 14, 2010, 03:09 PM
It's fully tensioned.

wow6599
October 14, 2010, 03:10 PM
IIRC, it is under full tension like a XD.

Jim Watson
October 14, 2010, 03:17 PM
I have READ that they have a tiny bit of cam-back, just enough so S&W can sell them as Glock equivalents to government agencies that won't touch the single action XD with a ten foot pole. I had mine tuned by Dan Burwell immediately after purchase and it has little if any of even that small amount of cam-back left. The sear just rocks out of the way of the striker and Bang!

ckone
October 14, 2010, 09:18 PM
It's fully cocked (well, 99.99999% if you want to split hairs) and it should really be considered a single-action by agencies or in IDPA.
The trigger-bar moves backwards, tilts the sear out of the way and the gun fires, the only cocking happening is just really incidental friction tgat happens when the extremely small angle on the back of the sear tilts while it's contacting the striker's tang... IMO if you don't want to call it an S/A then you should call it a BS/A.

If you enjoyed reading about "Is the M&P striker fully tensioned?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!