Which THR member wears these earrings?

PDA

Oleg Volk
December 16, 2003, 02:50 PM
http://www.olegvolk.net/newphotos/tn4/earring.jpg
And how would that person keep the brass from tarnishing? ;)

If you enjoyed reading about "Which THR member wears these earrings?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
tiberius
December 16, 2003, 02:55 PM
And how would that person keep the brass from tarnishing?

Hhhm couldn't find anyone named "BuffY" So I'm gonna guess "Brass Shower" or "Brasso" :)

sm
December 16, 2003, 03:01 PM
Betty

Simichrome by Happich is a great for rmoving tarnish off brass , copper, sterling...etc., It does not scratch...lots of spl brass cleaners do btw. It leaves a protectctive finish.( many do not) Been using since I was a kid, I used to say 35 yrs ...oh lets just say I've been around this stuff most of my 48 yrs. IMO/IME bunch better than Flitz, and I've tested Flitz.

Cheat...visit a Jewelry store, have them polished and gold plated, this will eventually wear off of course . Gold plating will keep "yellow". Now if you don't mind "white" have Rhodium plate, rhodium is a form of platinum ,is harder and will resist wearing off as quick, so you have nickel looking case, that changes the personality of the Earrings.

[ BTW when a person has a yellow shank and white prongs, they rhodium the prongs to bring out contrast, enhance the reflective qualities of the dia, and the white [gold or plat] prongs stay whiter and brighter longer. White gold and plat rings they rhodium the whole pc]

Me, I'd save the monies and buy the simichrome...keeps from getting into the ammo piggy bank, and you will use the simichrome for door knobs, brass plates, and gun stuff.

Oh I prefer this Simichrome to all of the fancy name brand silver polish,copper polish, because thought it doesn't scratch, it cleans best, and leaves protection. Also at ~ 6 a tube from the hardware store a "little" goes a long , long way. Just one of those old products that still does it's job better than it's supposed to.

Betty-right?

:D

Oleg Volk
December 16, 2003, 03:03 PM
Not Betty.

sm
December 16, 2003, 03:10 PM
Not Preacherman :p

How about Sheslinger?

harpethriver
December 16, 2003, 03:11 PM
More imprtantly Volk- how did you manage to acquire these earrings? And I suppose you have the photographs to prove it? As to which THR member wears these earrings-that would be no one at this particular time.

sm
December 16, 2003, 03:16 PM
Pic only shows 1/2 pair...THR member could still have been [be]wearing the other 1/2 pair.
Guessing she took it off to use the phone, especially the one ear pc that people use, ladies still like to remove for phone use.

[ #1 reason earrings get lost are left in bathroom and brushed into toliet/down sink, #2 is taken off for phones and 'walk off" ]

harpethriver
December 16, 2003, 03:21 PM
Although I haven't met her-it does seem like something that a moderator type named Kyleeki would wear.

BigG
December 16, 2003, 03:22 PM
Tamara. :)

cordex
December 16, 2003, 03:23 PM
Or ...
The THR member who wears said earings could make a simple wooden case holder to allow quick drilling of new dangly bits, and change the spent shell every month or so. Also might want to change the way it is held to the rest of the earing to save time rewiring it.

That would let her switch to nickled cases when she felt like it too.

Case jig should headspace on the case mouth so that .22WMR can be used as well.

My guess? SheSlinger.

spacemanspiff
December 16, 2003, 03:23 PM
mama06?

sm
December 16, 2003, 03:27 PM
I don't recall seeing Tamara with Earrings in any of Oleg's pics,besides Tamara strikes me as wearing stud type instead of dangling earrings. ( no offense, Tamara, just see you as wearing 1 ct. TW 4 prong diamond studs -classic but elegant), the thought crossed my mind. tho'.

Kaylee is a good guess. I dunno, trying to think of whom all is in TN . Unless a THR member came to visit . I doubt someone would send Oleg a pic, unless Oleg did his magic with a pic sent to him...long shot of the day...

pax?

Frohickey
December 16, 2003, 03:30 PM
...those aren't earrings?

You are sitting on a gold mine. Thats THE GUARANTEED TROPHY BASS LURE!!!! :D

Smoke
December 16, 2003, 03:37 PM
IF (and note thats a big IF) Tamara were to wear such earings, which I am not saying she would or wouldn't, but if she were to wear an earing of that style....I would think she would prefer centerfire brass.

Smoke

Oleg Volk
December 16, 2003, 03:53 PM
Picture was taken with an Olympus 5050 digicam that belongs to the owner of the earrings. That person is not from Nashville, is a member of THR and has been seen in at least some publications (not mine) with a S&W36 revolver and a few other such items.

BigG
December 16, 2003, 03:57 PM
Skunkabilly? No! :uhoh:

Double Maduro
December 16, 2003, 03:59 PM
I don't know who wears them.

To keep the brass from tarnishing, I would clean it and spray it with clear lacquer.

DM

Triad
December 16, 2003, 04:01 PM
That person is not from Nashville, is a member of THR and has been seen in at least some publications (not mine) with a S&W36 revolver and a few other such items.
Mike Irwin? ;)

buzz_knox
December 16, 2003, 04:04 PM
Marko?

grampster
December 16, 2003, 04:17 PM
PAX

Mike Irwin
December 16, 2003, 04:26 PM
"Mike Irwin?"

You caught me.

(too much detail for Art's Grandma...edited out)

Makes getting the drawers up a dicy proposition, though.

280PLUS
December 16, 2003, 04:36 PM
if they were tamara's they'd be more like .40 S&W,,,

Dave R
December 16, 2003, 04:51 PM
I'm guessing Kaylee. She makes everything look good.

(Bucking for Moderator brownie points) ;)

Larry Ashcraft
December 16, 2003, 05:08 PM
Jim March?

Oleg Volk
December 16, 2003, 05:10 PM
A fairly recent addition to the forum...

Mike Irwin
December 16, 2003, 05:11 PM
Oh dear.

I've scandalized Grammaw.

Pass the smelling salts, and no spaghetti for me...

sm
December 16, 2003, 05:19 PM
Gus!

She borrowed her daddy's ( Perfessr) model 36, ( though she wanted the Glock) until she bought her own SP101.

Gotta be.

--only problem with the laquer, when it starts o wear it's ugly and hard to remove. Simichrome all the way on this folks.

Oh be careful with any "silver dip" type cleaners, besides the fact stink like rotten eggs, may not be good for the tourquoise...main deal is to the soulution gets inside the hollow parts, big time skin irritant, and risining doesn't seem to always get rid of smell. That and the fact the "dip" is real pricey and really does not work...it can "frost" brass, copper ,nickel...etc.

Ammonia ( I used to buy the 28 % stuff) anyway ammonia cleans, remove greases,oils but the big deal is it RINSES. Not for use on pearls, coral, imiitation stones ( glued in or stones glued togetherin mfg) . Mild solution of ammonia and water is all hte stuff you buy is, they just add a bit of soap, and smell good fragrance.

Simple green works as a substitute. Toothpaste ruined more stones when that "tip" was printed --way to go Heloise. Toothpaste is abrasive and goodbye pearls, opals, coral, tourquoise...scratches metal too.

Victor Romen
December 16, 2003, 05:21 PM
One night at work (retail) a customer came in that had his ears pierced with .300 Win Mag shell casings.

Mike Irwin
December 16, 2003, 05:22 PM
Don't use lacquer.

Use....

Johnson's Paste Wax, or any other high quality auto wax high in carnuba (don't worry, Grammaw, that's not a nasty word).

Renew as often as necessary to keep the shine.

Oleg Volk
December 16, 2003, 05:25 PM
Hands of the same forum member...
http://www.olegvolk.net/newphotos/tn4/hand-bhp.jpg

sm
December 16, 2003, 05:38 PM
Holly ?
( if that is in fact a wedding band)

cordex
December 16, 2003, 05:46 PM
Holly ?
( if that is in fact a wedding band)
sm,
Remember, "Gus" is engaged ...

sm
December 16, 2003, 05:52 PM
cordex I know, but...( the guys are gonna hate to hear this)
some gals wear a wedding band type ring to keep from getting hit on.:p

I don't blame them, so it is not unusal for an engaged lady to wear a band at school. For a sales Rep or similar that calls on customers to wear a band, just so the hitting and all that hassle never gets started. :p True, very true.

Mike Irwin
December 16, 2003, 05:59 PM
It appears that some women also carry High Powers to keep from getting hit on...

sm
December 16, 2003, 06:02 PM
Well Mike, you know what they say, have a plan, have a back-up plan,...

spacemanspiff
December 16, 2003, 06:03 PM
i assume thats a target gun, judging from the sights, i'd guess it doesnt get carried.

cordex
December 16, 2003, 06:05 PM
It appears that some women also carry High Powers to keep from getting hit on...
Mike,
If you wanted to avoid having vegans talk to you, you might carry a bloody steak. Carrying the same steak to the Meat Lovers of America cookout would be counterproductive if the intent was to keep people away.

So how the heck is carrying a High Power around THR going to keep her from getting hit on?

I think it is just used to weed out the undesirable mates.

:)

Mike Irwin
December 16, 2003, 06:18 PM
Don't know about you, Cordex, but it would keep me from hitting on her.

Any woman crass enough to carry an HP isn't for me.

However, a woman refined enough to carry a revolver? Be still my beating heart.

spacemanspiff
December 16, 2003, 06:22 PM
shannon harper?

mama06?

Kaylee
December 16, 2003, 06:31 PM
t'aint me (thanks though Dave. :) )

I like the Gus guess.

Mal H
December 16, 2003, 06:44 PM
I've no clue who it is, but she is either from Sweden or needs to get out in the Tennessee sun more often. :D

Hkmp5sd
December 16, 2003, 06:48 PM
Clear fingernail polish works pretty good to keep the shine. Also easy to remove and re-apply when needed.

sm
December 16, 2003, 06:50 PM
MalH,
Hey finding someone with a HP is a good catch...sun comes later.

Dang Kaylee, tried tho'.
I'm running out of folks? Still hope for Gus and pax ( maybe). Maybe my theory is correct, they wear what "appears" to be a wedding band, but only is to keep fromm getting hit on...Friendship/Partner ring...

Mauserlady? not sure about your status.
GirlwithaGun?

Another longshot...Trisha?

Sean Smith
December 16, 2003, 06:51 PM
Don't ask me how I keep my hands so pretty! :evil:

sm
December 16, 2003, 06:55 PM
Oh c'mon Sean, admit it , it's the Hardchrome on a DE that does that...:)

bogie
December 16, 2003, 06:58 PM
Hey, Oleg - do you still have that snap of the 1911 earring?

(damn thing got lost at a big meeting - I was hustling to get a bunch of stuff together, and it just disappeared. Didn't even feel it).

Larry Ashcraft
December 16, 2003, 07:00 PM
Barbara?

Oleg Volk
December 16, 2003, 07:01 PM
http://www.olegvolk.net/newphotos/tn/ear45.jpg

Lady of the Lake
December 16, 2003, 07:06 PM
These earrings were made by a new member, Lady of the Lake... it is I who took the charming photo of Oleg "half Sabrina" Volk... I am a woman of many talents!

Oleg Volk
December 16, 2003, 07:08 PM
For those who are wondering, "half Sabrina" picture never made to the public forum :o

spacemanspiff
December 16, 2003, 07:18 PM
well isnt it about time oleg?

Greybeard
December 16, 2003, 07:43 PM
OK! :D ' Glad to see The Lady finally launch with more than just lurkin'. :cool:

So, now when are one of you picture techies gonna bring on the 1/2 Sabrina? Better still, Ms. February? ;)

dav
December 16, 2003, 07:45 PM
Lady of the Lake,

Welcome to THR, and thank you for letting us know about those "Ladies of Liberty" calendars. :)

Oleg Volk
December 16, 2003, 07:46 PM
http://www.olegvolk.net/draw/fullsabrina_s.jpg

QuarterBoreGunner
December 16, 2003, 07:52 PM
See? It's threads like this that convince me that THR is a great big extended family... a slightly disfuntional family, but family still.

Brian Williams
December 16, 2003, 07:56 PM
I taint got a 36, so taint Gus
though she might wear something like that.
OBTW Gus taint got a BHP nor met our friend Oleg.

spacemanspiff
December 16, 2003, 08:13 PM
wait, i'm comfused.... these earrings belong to oleg? or lady of the lake? or was the picture taken by LOTL?
and the reference was to 'half sabrina', yet oleg links us to 'full sabrina'.

sm
December 16, 2003, 09:34 PM
Perfessr, Well heck, somewhere I thought you were gonnna loan Gus a J frame until she got her own gun. I just naturally think of the 36. You post great pics...hey I tried. Not the only one thinking of Gus. Sorry. :)

Oleg, you cheated! You drove us nuts, but you still cheated. IMO. :D Hey looky what name is on the door of this forum? OK..so Oleg "fudged a little"...he can do that. :D

LOTL nice job on earrings...

Enough of the earrings already...tell us about the gun :p

papercut
December 17, 2003, 01:06 AM
Smoke remarked:
IF (and note thats a big IF) Tamara were to wear such earings, which I am not saying she would or wouldn't, but if she were to wear an earing of that style....I would think she would prefer centerfire brass.

Don't know her personally, but from what I've read by (and about) her on various boards, I think she'd prefer a larger caliber. Like maybe the .700 CrazyBastardMagnumButtStomper +P+. :what:

(Then again, those casings are pretty heavy...maybe not a good idea for hanging on the ears....)

Sven
December 17, 2003, 01:19 AM
Laughed out loud at that picture. EXCELLENT TRIGGER DISCIPLINE OLEG!

Mike Irwin
December 17, 2003, 02:25 AM
Well lookie there...

Art's Grammaw carries a High Power!

Who'd a thunk it?

Cricket
December 17, 2003, 01:01 PM
Any woman crass enough to carry an HP isn't for me.

Whoa there, there are plenty of fine women out there who have HP's--I'm one and I have at least one friend that I know of who has one....

Crassness has NOTHING to do with it. It's fun to shoot! Get's the blood racing...
<grumble, grumble. Some people.> :neener:

cordex
December 17, 2003, 01:36 PM
Cricket,
First, please allow me welcome you to THR.
Second, Don't worry about Mike. He's set in his curmudgeonly ways and is a bit bigoted when it comes to handguns, but he's still worthwhile if you've got questions about S&W revolvers or some obscure hunk of old military equipment, so we keep him around. ;)

Cricket
December 17, 2003, 01:44 PM
No offense taken really, just having fun with folks who are scared of us "wimmin" who like the HP....:p

45R
December 17, 2003, 02:03 PM
GusDaddysGirl or Trish?

P95Carry
December 17, 2003, 02:21 PM
Been ''on the side'' .. enjoying watching Oleg ''play'' with everyone!!:D he's like a cat - playing with and teasing the mouse ... not killing (yet!) ... :p

Did anyone mention Moma6 yet? I forget.

Lady of the Lake and Cricket ...... big welcome!:)

<sits back to observe continued ''Volktease''> :D

Mike Irwin
December 17, 2003, 02:31 PM
"He's set in his curmudgeonly ways and is a bit bigoted when it comes to handguns..."

Curmudgeonly as charged, although according to some just downright nasty. I do try hard.

Bigoted about handguns, though?

Here's a shocking fact for everyone...

I'm pretty sure that at this moment I own more semi-automatics than I do revolvers.

sm
December 17, 2003, 02:35 PM
Cricket, Welcome to THR!

I like women, I like HPs...

Oh Chris, be quiet, your married, I'm not...though I have put myself up for adoption...:p

Still no one anwers my ad.

48 y/o CWGs available for adoption, prefers shooting, hunting enviroment...send pics of guns, ammo, and shooting envrioments

Looks good to me...no replies or pics rec'd yet...:)

P95Carry
December 17, 2003, 02:49 PM
though I have put myself up for adoption... Patience Steve, patience!! I mean ... who could resist your resume!! It's just that this is a case of ''status specificus'' .... so not gonna be picked up by just any ole ''Jeannie Average''.;)

MicroBalrog
December 17, 2003, 02:52 PM
See? It's threads like this that convince me that THR is a great big extended family... a slightly disfuntional family, but family still.

Slightly?:D :D :D

sm
December 17, 2003, 03:03 PM
Chris,
Thanks ( I think).

Hey I even got rid of some "baggage"... rid myself of a "few hulls"...not asking for much, just wide open spaces with hunting and ranges...with a house/cabin...warmer temps...more shooting outdoors year round that way. :)

Balog
December 17, 2003, 03:17 PM
As Preacherman's sig says, "Let's put the fun back in dysfunctional!"

I'm still confused. Is Oleg saying he wears those earrings? I'm not necessarily adverse to men with pierced ears, but I think those would be a little big, dangly and gaudy for our man Oleg.

I'm so confused!! :D :D :D

cordex
December 17, 2003, 03:24 PM
I'm pretty sure that at this moment I own more semi-automatics than I do revolvers.
Well I'll be dipped in cranberry sauce and freeze dried for an astronaut.

Seriously? More autos than revos?

(I will not make a comment about Strom Thurmond's daughter, I will not, I will not.)

Mike Irwin
December 17, 2003, 10:38 PM
"Seriously? More autos than revos?"

I think so.

I have to do a serious inventory, but I've bought a bunch of semi-autos in the last few months, but not a lot of revolvers.

Doesn't affect the way I feel about revolvers, though.

Semi-autos are tools. Fun tools, but tools.

Revolvers, on the other hand, are much, much more.

Trisha
December 18, 2003, 01:19 PM
I'm so glad this has been cleared up!

None of my piercings have turquoise, and all are 18k gold.

And I've never met Oleg & Co in person. . .

Cricket, Lady of the Lake! I'm glad you've joined in the fun!

Hugs!

Trisha

ChickenHawk
December 18, 2003, 07:46 PM
Personally, I prefer a larger caliber for lobe carry :evil:

ChickenHawk

P95Carry
December 18, 2003, 09:53 PM
Personally, I prefer a larger caliber for lobe carry .454 maybe Chicken?! Come on now ... pics please (I know you take great pics)!:p :D

If you enjoyed reading about "Which THR member wears these earrings?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!