Sigma 9VE Video Review

PDA

9mmforMe
October 14, 2010, 09:21 PM
Funny review...talk about a flip flop!?

http://www.bing.com/videos/watch/video/at-the-range-handgun-review-s-and-w-sigma-9ve-9mm/530859603a833307dd82530859603a833307dd82-285435560338?q=youtube%20sigma%209VE%20review&FROM=LKVR5&GT1=LKVR5&FORM=LKVR

If you enjoyed reading about "Sigma 9VE Video Review" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
hawkeye10
October 14, 2010, 09:39 PM
:) I believe he is gonna keep that gun. Don

Birdmang
October 14, 2010, 09:44 PM
His tone of voice after hitting the targets is so happy!

basicblur
October 14, 2010, 10:09 PM
Obviously someone needs to inform him Sigmas are pieces of crap! :D

The fact he admitted he doesn't shoot revolvers or DA (maybe all newbies should have to learn on a DA?), and is a self-admitted less than stellar shooter, he didn't do too bad for everything that was stacked against him. A little dry fire practice and he'll be on target every time (but even his misses were probably close enough for SD).

I just retired a 12+ year old Sigma 9E from bed gun duty-main reason was I just wanted another gun (SIG SP2022), and its Trijicons could use replacement (used the replacement costs towards the SIG), but they're still plenty usable for me after 12+ years.

I've got the usual snobbish brand names, but saw no reason to spend a lot of money on my bed gun.
Heck...it went bang every time I fired it, I could hit the target, and didn't have any FTF/FTE's.
How much more can you ask?

I just wish it wasn't a piece of crap! :rolleyes:

9mmforMe
October 14, 2010, 10:31 PM
basic I agree with you. I learned how to shoot on a DA .22 revolver...must have put 10,000 rounds through that sucker before I got rid of it for a 9mm...damn, wish I had that one back. Anyway...I believe if you can master a DA trigger, any trigger system will be a piece of cake.

ccsniper
October 15, 2010, 12:59 AM
I give him man points for being in short sleeve shirt with snow on the ground

9mmforMe
October 15, 2010, 09:29 PM
I don't know he might have gotten to the range and changed his mind on that decision too! :)

buckeye8
October 15, 2010, 11:13 PM
I have a decent handgun selection, but my most carried gun is a Sigma 9VE. It's reliable, lightweight, good capacity, fits my hand well, and I wouldn't cry if it got a scratch on it. Does feel wierd some mornings when I reach past $1,000 guns to grab the 9VE. I can't think of many other $250 purchases that I've gotten so much use out of.

franco45
November 27, 2010, 02:52 PM
Yup, my pos 9mm Sigma that I bought used for $250 is my bedside gun too. I have put about 700 rounds downrange with no malfunctions. It looked like it had very little, if any use when I bought it.

basicblur
November 27, 2010, 03:49 PM
Yup, my pos 9mm Sigma that I bought used for $250 is my bedside gun too.
And don't forget...as most of us Sigma owners know, even if 'Net reports of its inaccuracy are true (couldn't be the shooter!) and you can't hit your home intruder with it, while they're laughing hysterically at you (What IS that...a SIGMA?! :neener:) they'll probably be distracted long enough for you to hit 'em with your baseball bat...

Kingofthehill
November 27, 2010, 06:12 PM
Just proves that idiots that post online are still idiots.

talks trash about a gun, does fairly well with it, then enjoys the gun....

I wish people who ask questions about a certain gun would take the INTERNET responses with a grain of salt because MOST people who respond have no idea what they are talking about.

Sigma's are good guns. They are priced very well for what you get out of them. I have 3 and trust my life with them. I also own guns that are 10x the price and am not sure if i trust my life with them yet.

People need to get out and try stuff for themselves before they pass judgment and write a gun/model/brand off completely like so many do because its the cool thing to do.

JOe

Ledgehammer
November 27, 2010, 06:20 PM
I could be wrong, but I feel this video is a fake. It's just too scripted sounding.
Just another reason I don't like gun reviews by people who haven't shot the gun they are reviewing.

wvshooter
November 28, 2010, 01:14 AM
I've got a 9ve and a 40ve. The 40ve trigger was very good out of the box. The 9ve trigger was bad, bad, bad. BUT... fixing the 9ve trigger was no big deal. Both guns have always been VERY accurate and totally reliable. The slide release is flush as the video states but I've never had any kind of problem with it.

This is the gun to buy if looking for an utterly reliable striker fired pistol for cheap.

tangomike706
November 28, 2010, 01:44 AM
Used to think (ignorance) the Sigma was a major POS , until I had the chance to fire my brothers in 9mm . I was impressed . accurate at 25 yards , and felt very comfortable in my hands . He picked it up LNIB for around 190.00 . hard to hate the gun for that kinda money.

BeerSleeper
November 28, 2010, 01:49 AM
My glock fanboy friend quit talking trash on my sigma the day he went to the range with me...they may not be the cadillac of handguns, but they can outshoot them.

If you enjoyed reading about "Sigma 9VE Video Review" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!