Own rifle, take oath to support Constitution = DCYF takes your kid

PDA

SSN Vet
October 15, 2010, 11:02 AM
This guys ownership of a rifle and his affiliation with oathkeepers was specifically cited by the state child protection agency when they snatched his new borne from the hospital.

http://www.fosters.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20101015/GJNEWS_01/710159937

here's two quotes given by people at the protest....

"The Division (DCYF) became aware and confirmed that Mr. Irish associated with a militia known as the, "Oath Keepers," and had purchased several different types of weapons, including a rifle, handgun and Taser."

"This is a very important case," he said. "We can't have a precedent set that allows them to list people's affiliations whenever CPS (child protective services) comes to your doorstep."

If you enjoyed reading about "Own rifle, take oath to support Constitution = DCYF takes your kid" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Tommygunn
October 15, 2010, 11:09 AM
I am somewhat familiar with this story. There is more to it than what is reported.

Mr. Irish does have a history of anger problems and there seems to be good reason to believe he should not have custody of children, atleast if those reports are to be believed. This is apart from him owning firearms.

I do agree refering to the "Oath Keepers" as a "militia" is just wrong and portrays the authorities as highly biased at worse if not just grotesquely misinformed.

But, nonetheless, this is about more than just guns and a misinformed group of martinet bureaucrats.

CoRoMo
October 15, 2010, 11:10 AM
I heard about this. I don't know if it was here or somewhere else, but I know read about this. Calling the Oath Keepers a militia is a gross, shameful misrepresentation IMO.

SSN Vet
October 15, 2010, 11:29 AM
The article makes reference to his other problems....

But apparently NH DCS felt their case would be greatly bolstered by citing the Oath Keepers connection and scary firearms in their affidavit.

My brother had a terrible ordeal with DCS in GA years ago. They are accountable to no one and you have little recourse once they issue and edict.

Lawyers, $$, pshyche evals, $$, Bankruptcy, placing your child in a home with drug users, etc...

Even when DCS loses in court and fires their agent for gross negligence (which they did in my brothers case) they can't be liable for damages or court costs.

jakk280rem
October 15, 2010, 11:36 AM
the baby has been returned to the parents. there was a story i just read that the jonathan irish that has a domestic abuse history was indeed a different man with a similar name. looks like cps jumped the gun on this one big time. hopefuly in the coming days and weeks we get some more details. i've got a hunch that the msm is going to drop this story like a hot potato.

Tommygunn
October 15, 2010, 11:39 AM
... the jonathan irish that has a domestic abuse history was indeed a different man with a similar name. ...

First I heard of this! Another bureaucrat screw up. Our tax dollars at work.
Good grief.:fire::fire::banghead::cuss::cuss:

SSN Vet
October 15, 2010, 11:55 AM
Even if the child was wrongfully placed in foster care and was abused or even killed in that foster care, DCS would have immunity.

Just look at the case in Maine, where a child in foster care was duct taped to a high chair in the basement with her mouth covered and suffocated. The foster care lady was a former DCS case worker and was convicted of negligent homicide.

DCS walks away without any compensation paid or charges filed against the agency or it's employees.

Sky
October 15, 2010, 12:02 PM
Yep I heard about that one too. We need to get people into Washington who will fire and kick the filth out of their own house in D.C. before they worry about most of us. Yea I know will never happen.

jakk280rem
October 15, 2010, 12:04 PM
http://www.prisonplanet.com/irish-family-baby-returned.html

take this report for what you will. its a bit less than a main stream news source. like i said, i hope we get some more info in the next few days, but i have a hunch the msm is quickly packing up their mic bags and gassing up their satalite vans.

here, in oregon a few months ago, there was an oregon man that was fired from his job at odot. later he bought a couple handguns and a rifle. his house was surrounded by swat, he was taken into custody, his guns confiscated, and he was forced to take a mental health evaluation.

in this case too, it appears that the possession a a few firearms and the participation in an organization that has never been involved in nor planned a crime, nor yourself commiting a crime sure does get you alot of unwanted attention.

Sky
October 15, 2010, 12:22 PM
Can anyone spell intimidation?

Kinda like the Holocaust thread that is going on now in an oblique way.

Many people will hear or see a connection to some organization like the Oath Keepers and to avoid attention to themselves will stay away from their web sight or other perceived domestic entanglements resulting from curiosity.
I heard he wasn't even a member?

Prolly will have a chilling effect on recruitment?

Black ops mission successful?

http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?t=548889

foghornl
October 15, 2010, 01:52 PM
Children & Family Services (or whatever it is called in your area)???

HORK! PITOO!!

Those ahhhhh "Organizations" {for lack of a better term} get nothing but my everlasting contempt. The "ex" used to torque off 'neighbors' pretty often, and the next thing I knew, CFS was at my door. They NEVER found anything ever remotely questionable about our home life, etc. Home was clean & tidy, children in school everday, food & drink in the fridge, etc

Good way to mess with someone you don't like...CFS serving any useful function? No...Not then, not now, not ever.

9mmepiphany
October 15, 2010, 01:55 PM
This thread is about removing children from a possible dangerous situation.

This isn't even remotely related to the use of guns.

I think were done here

If you enjoyed reading about "Own rifle, take oath to support Constitution = DCYF takes your kid" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!