Extreme Shock Ammo?

PDA

Bernie Lomax
October 16, 2010, 12:27 AM
Being a mouse gun carrier, I'm always looking for ways to increase my stopping power. Anyway, while searching Midway for .380 ammo, I cam across this stuff:

http://www.midwayusa.com/viewproduct/?productnumber=718880

I researched a little more on it and people were making some pretty tall claims about what it can do.

Has anyone heard of this stuff? Is it really as good as they say, or is it all just hype?

Another round I'm considering is PowRball. It's supposed to penetrate like ball, but expand like an JHP.

TIA for any info anyone can give me on these rounds.

If you enjoyed reading about "Extreme Shock Ammo?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
mstirton
October 16, 2010, 12:47 AM
Federal HST or Tactical bonded, Speer Gold Dot, Winchester RangerT, Remington Golden Sabre bonded. Not necessarily in that order, though I do like HST and GD.

For .380 you might want to try carrying an AR15 on your back since the ammo in your pistol won't make a difference ;)

BTW, if you buy the XShock, I have some crap to sell you too.

Bernie Lomax
October 16, 2010, 01:14 AM
For .380 you might want to try carrying an AR15 on your back since the ammo in your pistol won't make a difference

Yeah, that will give me one or two shots of .223 Remington - before it jams. :neener:

Gord
October 16, 2010, 04:04 AM
Just do a search for Extreme Shock ammo here, and the results will tell you all you need to know. I'm sure a few people out there use it, but then they probably CCW either a gold-plated Korth or dual Beretta 93Rs.

The Lone Haranguer
October 16, 2010, 09:00 AM
You've probably heard the saying "If something sounds too good to be true, it probably is." This applies equally to the claims made by Extreme Shock's manufacturer. There is only so much you can do with a little .380, out of a barrel with two inches or less of rifled bore, even less so. Reduced cartridge power is the price you pay for having a little gun.

harmon rabb
October 16, 2010, 09:12 AM
Gimmick.

If you want the best performing real .380 ammo out there, www.buffalobore.com sells it. 1100fps out of a LCP, using hardcast lead bullets or gold dot jhp's (i think they're gold dot).

jonnyc
October 16, 2010, 09:24 AM
I just carry FMJ in my .32. I would do the same with a .380

Mad Magyar
October 16, 2010, 11:51 AM
Shows you how internet hype and reality finally merge. When it first came out, it was touted as the best thing since "sliced bread". Remember, Black Talon? The baddest pistoleros just have to load up with the fanciest exotics...:uhoh:

If you enjoyed reading about "Extreme Shock Ammo?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!