A heartwarming tale of sipping kool-aid

PDA

bgrav321
October 16, 2010, 01:42 PM
Just thought I'd share a story of spreading the second amendment love.

I have a good friend who had never shot a gun, and he knew I was a shooter. He had been asking me questions for a long time because he was interested in purchasing a handgun for self defense. I talked him through different options, DA0, single stack/double stack, revolvers vs. semi, etc for a few months. I told him though the ultimate question is "What do you shoot the best?".

He wanted to go shooting, so last Saturday I took him to a local range and brought my dad's S & W 3913, Mom's Model 60 2'' .357 (running .38 in it), and my SIG SP2022, and my WASR.

We went to the range early on a Saturday morning, I showed him the stance, a good safety reviews, and then I let him start shooting. He's an excellent athlete, and once he got the stance down, he was consistent putting the rounds from the revolver and my SIG right in the center of a target at 10 yards. He had a great time.

Something that may interest you is that he had a very difficult time hitting anything with the 3913, due to the muzzle flip and small size (we're both over 6'). He much much preferred the SIG to either. (I love all 3, just telling you what he thought.) He also hit targets easily standing at 25 yards with my AK, another testament to its eminent shootability. He didn't even miss with the AK, and he's never shot a rifle in his life.

His last mag with the SIG ended up with all 15 shots in the center ring.

Then I poured him some SIG kool-aid, and said, "Here, drink this." :cool:

He calls me yesterday and says I'm probably buying a SIG this week... Cheered me up.

If you enjoyed reading about "A heartwarming tale of sipping kool-aid" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
MattTheHat
October 16, 2010, 05:38 PM
That's what I'm talkin' 'bout!

-Matt

Sock Puppet
October 17, 2010, 11:52 AM
I love reading tales like that!

SundownRider
October 17, 2010, 06:35 PM
Ahh, the SIG Kool-Aid. Grape flavor, as I recall. Very sweet and satisfying, not too cold, not too warm, just right. Mine came in the form of a railed P226. I still remember the the first mag of rounds. Very well made.

If you enjoyed reading about "A heartwarming tale of sipping kool-aid" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!