How common is a BUG usage?

PDA

TheProf
October 17, 2010, 07:48 AM
1. For non-LEOs....

How many of you carry a back up gun?

For LEOs when off-duty...

2. How many of you carry a back up gun? (I'm assuming that most carry one when on-duty.)

If you enjoyed reading about "How common is a BUG usage?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
FROGO207
October 17, 2010, 08:33 AM
I do not actually carry a BUG but do have one in really close proximity all the time. This is when I am at home or in my vehicle. It is usually a larger caliber/capacity one also.

friscolatchi
October 17, 2010, 08:46 AM
No bug for me. Unless I carried a lot of cash!

Carrying one 1911 is enough for me. Where I live the risks are pretty low - very little crime. I know first hand that anything could happen but the probability here is pretty low. I do carry a side arm when I hunt - if that qualifies as a bug.
The reason I don't carry a BUG is that a perp would consider me a person not to be armed (PNBA). My CC guns are reliable, and I train as much as I can to clear and anticipate problems as well as pocket carry a light weight revolver in the warmer months.

CC involved, for me, a lot of adjustments to my lifestyle, ie clothes, locks, a plethora of keys, where I can and cannot carry, etc - I'm sure that your familiar with all these issues. Also, living in NY 90 min from Bloombergtown (NYC) has it's impacts as well - lots of gun grabbers here that wouldn't hesitate for a moment to freak out if there was even the hint of a gun. I live in a uber-left college town for the past 30 years.

In summary, no BUG for me - however I would consider in the light of certain circumstances.

I would purchase a pocket sized 45 if my needs changed.

WC145
October 17, 2010, 09:15 AM
I always carry a BUG on duty but seldom do off duty. I do always have a spare gun in the console though.

Ole Coot
October 17, 2010, 09:53 AM
I have no need for one in the areas and circles I move in. I did carry one, but not in the USA.

If you enjoyed reading about "How common is a BUG usage?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!