Gp100 = wow!!

PDA

tackleberry45
October 17, 2010, 04:14 PM
Picked it up for $469.00. Then I shot it. This thing is ACCURATE!!, what a great out of the box trigger! My real only question is what are recommneded night sights for those of us with aging eyes?? I would still like adjustables, if they have them, so can compensate for the range of loads.

If you enjoyed reading about "Gp100 = wow!!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
CTGunner
October 17, 2010, 04:20 PM
The GP 100 is a fantastic revolver. What barrel length did you go with? The only thing I like better about the Smith 686 is the red ramp front sight. If you find good night sights for it, let me know.

Rexster
October 17, 2010, 05:01 PM
I plan to scope one of my GP100 sixguns, to deal with the aging eyes. The mount will probably be a Weigand. I may even equip one with an optic mount and an Aimpoint Micro T-1 to be a "war bag" gun for use at work, though I will have to be discreet about it, and put the iron sights back on for the annual qual, due to PD rules against optical sights on duty/back-up handguns. (I do use a P229 in the duty holster, but have often carried a sixgun in a bag/case as a mega-backup; I still shoot a medium/large DA revolver better than any other handgun I have tried.)

For HD scenarios, I have noticed that when I put light on my target, the iron sights are seen in silhouette, which sharpens them a bit. Of course, at HD distance, sights are really not needed, once one has the hang of where the sixgun points.

Edited to add: A Bowen Classic Arms rear sight, perhaps with the rear notch filed to taste, is an option I may also try. One of the sight blade options for the Rough Country rear sight is a blank blade that can be shaped to suit the user. I am about to try a .156" rear notch sight on a 1911, but the maker, 10-8, does not make sixgun sights.

pikid89
October 17, 2010, 05:05 PM
I believe that XS sights makes a tritium front sight for the GP100

The Wiry Irishman
October 17, 2010, 06:00 PM
I greatly prefer Smith revolvers, but every time a friend shows up with a new Ruger revolver purchase, I always spend about a half hour playing with it and marveling at the value and quality for money.

okespe04
October 17, 2010, 06:08 PM
Spread the gp100 love.

http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l203/brohar03/GP100-unholstered.jpg

Guillermo
October 17, 2010, 06:10 PM
While I am not a Ruger fan I do love it when people find a gun they love.

Glad you are enjoying your new toy tackleberry

WNC Seabee
October 17, 2010, 07:27 PM
I put Williams Fire Sights on my 4" GP a couple weeks ago. Installation was easy and they are fantastic! Even though they aren't "night sights", they glow very brightly in low light.

http://i676.photobucket.com/albums/vv128/WNCSeabee/Firearms/Rugers/messagepart.jpg

Walkalong
October 17, 2010, 07:44 PM
Cool sights.

GP100man
October 17, 2010, 10:32 PM
Congratulations !!!

You`ve just purchased THE Most Robust Production 357 Magnum Revolver available !!!!

WNC Seabee
October 17, 2010, 11:55 PM
tackleberry....you now need to spend a few bucks on GP100Man's take down tool. Best $$ I've spent on a tool so far. Simple and very effective.

If you enjoyed reading about "Gp100 = wow!!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!