Grips By Esmeralda Experiences?

PDA

PAOLO721
December 16, 2003, 08:10 PM
Has anyone done business with her? I went to her website and I was very impressed with the apparent quality of her cocobolo grips. That being said, I've sent her 2 emails with some basic questions regarding her products, the first on 11/27/03 (almost 3 weeks ago) and the second on 12/15/03. I have not heard back from her yet. This is not exactly filling me with confidence for doing business with her.:confused:

If you enjoyed reading about "Grips By Esmeralda Experiences?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Roboshred
December 16, 2003, 11:01 PM
I had the same experience so I chose not to buy from her. I had visions of an Irish gypsy using my credit card fraudulantly so I called up hogue and C&S. Of course I'm not saying she isn't ok. I just took my business elsewhere.:scrutiny:

Sven
December 17, 2003, 02:33 AM
Emailed and asked her how her checkering is cut. Two months later, she told me she uses a machine, by hand, to cut the checkering.

JohnBT
December 17, 2003, 10:42 AM
I've read through her entire site before. She's probably in Costa Rica buying trees. Seriously. ;)

Have you looked at:

www.woodgrips.com

Sporting Arms Custom Grips is owned and operated by Greg Warne, founder and retired President of Kimber (the original one.) I've read through his site, too. He's probably in Costa Rica buying trees. ;) I do have some of his grips and they're very nice. They look like some of the nicer Kimber of NY grips, or much better. ;)

John

armoredman
December 17, 2003, 11:09 AM
http://www.imageseek.com/hakan/

TarpleyG
December 17, 2003, 12:10 PM
I second Sporting Arms. I have purchased several sets through them and have been thoroughly satisfied.

+Great prices
+Quality products
+Great customer service
+Prompt delivery
-Limited to cocobolo last time I checked

What else could you ask for.

GT

jimcon
December 17, 2003, 03:45 PM
I have a set of her grip panels on a Caspian Commander. To make this short the grips are the most beautiful that I have ever seen.

Will I order from her again? In a heart beat.

Sven
December 17, 2003, 09:12 PM
Yet ANOTHER reason to travel to Costa Rica....

JohnBT
December 17, 2003, 10:38 PM
Amen to that !!!

John

PAOLO721
December 19, 2003, 01:15 AM
I have a set of her grip panels on a Caspian Commander.
To make this short the grips are the most beautiful that I have ever seen.by jimcon

Okay! I have heard back from Esmeralda.:) Jim you are right, her work is beautiful. Best cocbolo grips I have ever seen and I have looked at many. Also, you can order from her C.O.D. so you can't go wrong. Check her work out at:

http://www.esmeralda.cc/

Sven
December 19, 2003, 01:54 AM
Cool website. I really love checkering on grips. Looks and feels good.

Esmeralda
December 19, 2003, 07:42 PM
Hello Gentlemen:
To anyone who has experienced a slow email response from me, I sincerely apologise. I am still learning computers and the internet. One thing I see with newsgroups is that some people will write comments (often hastily & untrue) that they might not write in a newspaper or magazine. "Irish Gypsy" indeed! My father would be turning in his grave if he heard that remark. I am proud of my background but it is not my style to insult anyone. As for honesty & integrity, without those characteristics I do not think you would last long in this business. As for the quality of my cocobolo grips, Bob Campbell, editor of Women & Guns magazine, recently conducted a lengthy field test in October 2003. You can read the results of that review, complete with photos at
http://www.esmeralda.cc/media_articles.htm
Bob Campbell fired over a 1000 rounds with his tactical 1911 using my grips.

For those people who posted nice words I sincerely thank you for those comments.

Happy Holidays,
Esmeralda O'Sheehan

Sven
December 19, 2003, 08:02 PM
Welcome to TheHighRoad! Hope you stick around.

Killer Angel
April 1, 2004, 10:27 AM
Killer Angel

Killer Angel
April 1, 2004, 10:30 AM
I just spoke to her a week and half ago and she is a Very Nice person.Very accomodatingalso.In fact,I ordered two sets of grips from her even if I only needed one.Got them today and they are so Beautiful.Would be doing business with her again in the future.

Killer Angel

PAOLO721
April 1, 2004, 02:13 PM
could you post some pics of them?

RUT
April 1, 2004, 11:58 PM
Say what you want, but I'm rather enchanted by her!:)

Killer Angel
April 2, 2004, 09:40 AM
paolo,
I'm so sorry but I'm still a geek when it comes to computers and internet.I am still new in this thing.Anyway,to give you an idea on how beautiful the Esmeralda Cocobolo grips are,they even become more beautiful when they are installed into your 1911 pistol.

Killer Angel

dh515
April 8, 2004, 10:41 PM
I too am impressed by the apparent quality of these grips but need some square cut for use with a magwell. Can anyone advise if they are available that way? Tried two e-mails and a phone call with message left but no response. Thanks.

Dave

RUT
April 8, 2004, 11:38 PM
I think she's open to suggestions, as I've asked her if she could make them without the cutout for the main spring housing pin. She said yes, and is doing up some samples right now. I'll admit though, she's a bit slow at replying to emails.

RUT

dangerclose
April 13, 2004, 04:12 PM
I have a set of the slim compact grips on my Kimber. The fit is perfect.

The picture can't do justice to how nice these are! Also, the day I ordered them, Esmeralda phoned me to ensure I had the proper grip screws and bushings before mailing out the grips. I would definitely order from her again.

dangerclose
April 13, 2004, 04:20 PM
I am atempting to post a picture of the grips. Hope it works

PAOLO721
April 13, 2004, 04:45 PM
It worked and those are very nice!

If you enjoyed reading about "Grips By Esmeralda Experiences?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!