Stevens 22 - Model 83

PDA

thomasgunn22
October 17, 2010, 10:11 PM
Wondering if a Stevens 83 (single shot, bolt action 22) would be a fair value at $100? It's very clean, stock and barrel both in very nice condition. Based on an internet search, they were produced in the late 30's. If that's true, the gun is in remarkable shape. I realize it's an old single shot, but am considering it for one of my boy's first guns. Any insight or advice?
Thanks...

If you enjoyed reading about "Stevens 22 - Model 83" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
hirundo82
October 18, 2010, 01:21 AM
FWIW, the last two to sell on GunBroker went for $57 and $70.

hometheaterman
October 18, 2010, 12:49 PM
Yeah that sounds too high to me for a single shot. Now, on gunbroker by the time you pay shipping and transfer fee's you will be around $100, but I still think that's a little too high. You can often find Marlin 60's cheaper than that. I'd pay no more than $80ftf in a local sale, but that's just me. If you really want it, it might be worth $100 to you.

If you enjoyed reading about "Stevens 22 - Model 83" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!