M&p 15-22p (wow oh wow)

PDA

Johngoboom
October 18, 2010, 09:30 AM
I just picked up a NIB S&W M&P 15-22P. This thing is one of the least practical and yet most fun guns I have ever shot. With only a 6" barrel and no butt-stock I can't really even justify taking it squirrel hunting, but who cares! When you have the 25 rounds mags loaded and ready to go, tin cans are just begging to be ventilated. The accuracy is actually surprising, when shoot CCI Minimags, I get sub 1" groups at 50 yards (With a benched rest of course).

Any body else had a chance to shoot one of these things yet? My only complaint about the guns is that the mags seem to need to be loaded very methodically or you will have FTF jams. I pull the load assist buttons down just far enough to insert the next round, and then let the spring tension the round against the feed lips every time. If the rounds do not seem like they are feeding correctly (the rims are not staggering correctly) I will pull the load assist buttons down and let them go from the lowest possible point, this seems to re-stagger the rounds in the correct manner for flawless feeding.

As seen, S&W M&P 15-22P, Tasco 42mm Red Dot, Blackhawk single point sling, and Gripper hands guards for the the rails.

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash2/hs445.ash2/71837_1543745806634_1624664785_1292100_3230626_n.jpg

If you enjoyed reading about "M&p 15-22p (wow oh wow)" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
InkEd
October 18, 2010, 10:22 AM
You can get a stock (and tax stamp) for it and have a SBR for plinking.

Johngoboom
October 18, 2010, 11:41 AM
I thought about that, along with turning it into a AOW with the addition of a vertical forgrip (much cheaper stamp). But the problem is that if you ever go to sell it, the receiver will always be registered as a SBR or AOW, and that means you can't do a simple sell, you have to do a BATF transfer.

Either way, it's a sweet little honey of a shooter.

group17
October 18, 2010, 11:45 AM
They are nice now that they can be found for under $400.
Can you attach a bi pod to the front quad rail?

Johngoboom
October 18, 2010, 11:49 AM
From what I understand a bipod is fine, just not a vertical fore grip (with out an AOW stamp). I got mine NIB through Gunbroker for $329. Although my local is still selling them for $500. He almost pooped when I told him what I paid for mine.

hawkeye10
October 18, 2010, 12:14 PM
He probably bought his off Gun Broker to. Don

Johngoboom
October 18, 2010, 12:30 PM
It was a dealer out of PA that had about 5 of them for sale at that price. Including mags (still in the package) for $15 a piece. If someone was interested you might look and see if he still has any for sale.

Prince Yamato
October 18, 2010, 02:56 PM
Do the SBR thing. It'd be worth it.

If you enjoyed reading about "M&p 15-22p (wow oh wow)" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!